Stirling Albion Season 24/25 Thread

38 minutes ago, Beachcomber said:

Who is making these decisions if  you don't have  a manager ?  

What decision? There is no decision to be made. Surely the players are out of contract and presumably deciding no matter who the new manager is they are not going to resign or have already got something sorted.

4 minutes ago, FootyReports said:

What decision? There is no decision to be made. Surely the players are out of contract and presumably deciding no matter who the new manager is they are not going to resign or have already got something sorted.

That's one way  to look  at it i suppose.

6 minutes ago, FootyReports said:

You've literally just signed a new goalkeeper. There's clearly someone at the club making decisions on who should be offered a deal and who shouldn't.

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Read a comment on Facebook that Kyle Banner has also used his own Twitter to announce that he has left also!

Adam Cummins has posted the same - he's also leaving, Stranraer I think. Anyone else?

Edited by SA45

Next season's team taking shape - only 7 slots to fill (plus subs). Who is definitely staying that could make the first 11? Moore? McGregor? Davidson?

lineup.png

On 05/06/2023 at 13:22, BB_Bino said:

Off the field, there has been no announcements yet on strips or Season Tickets, however the club listened to the vote of the fans and will vote NO for the Conference League proposals. The club underwent a change of board last season, some fans were in favour and others were not, so without digging all that up again, there's an air or "wait and see" with regards to the clubs running, off the pitch. That said, with promotion and the attitude of the players and management staff throughout last season, there is also an air of optimism sand over the past 5-6 months, attendances have risen greatly, so lets hope this remains the case in League 1.

On 05/06/2023 at 14:18, Quentin Taranbino said:

There has been zero updates regarding season tickets, pricing, strips, merchandise, pre season friendlies etc. Again, I'm sure all is well in hand but communication is a little bit lacking at the moment. I would have expected to be bombarded with emails trying to sell me stuff at this time of season whilst morale is at an all time high. I get the feeling at times, we probably have one poor lad who does the social media that gets drip fed bits and pieces to put out. The least said about the website the better, its an abomination that I suspect Robert Clubb (our IT Director) will have made a priority.

On 05/06/2023 at 18:01, StewartyMac said:

The fact there hasn't been a peep from the club since the end of the season other than the Hilson signing is disgraceful. Club should be going full pelt at this point to get as many season tickets sold as possible to increase the budget for the playing staff. It's starting to take the shine off the wonderful end to the season. This is the new board's first close season, its vital they get things right here, otherwise our visit to this league could be a short one. 

Unfortunately nothing really has changed 12 months on regarding updates. Round about this time last year we were all on a real high. A brilliant title winning campaign and going into the summer with optimism. In fairness to the board, we have had updates in regards to the managerial vacancy. Same old story though. We should have had season tickets/early bird offers released. I realise their might be bigger priorities but I envy other part-time clubs  and teams like Falkirk who have already sold 3.1k season tickets and are pushing their champions merchandise - something we failed to capitalise on it seems. A new manager coming in won't fully know his budget when we haven't sold one season ticket yet. 

I know social media is powerful but it would have been nice to have had a statement on players who are staying on/released by now. Finding out on various platforms is a bit shit. 

4 hours ago, Beachcomber said:

Who is making these decisions if  you don't have  a manager ?  

It may be the players whose contracts are ending next week are concerned regarding rumoured budget cuts have not waited to find out if a new manager wants them at a new, perhaps lower, wage and are making themselves available as soon as possible. We may be playing against them and a few more next season. 

8 hours ago, dave_binos said:

Unfortunately nothing really has changed 12 months on regarding updates. Round about this time last year we were all on a real high. A brilliant title winning campaign and going into the summer with optimism. In fairness to the board, we have had updates in regards to the managerial vacancy. Same old story though. We should have had season tickets/early bird offers released. I realise their might be bigger priorities but I envy other part-time clubs  and teams like Falkirk who have already sold 3.1k season tickets and are pushing their champions merchandise - something we failed to capitalise on it seems. A new manager coming in won't fully know his budget when we haven't sold one season ticket yet. 

I know social media is powerful but it would have been nice to have had a statement on players who are staying on/released by now. Finding out on various platforms is a bit shit. 

I know Marks suspected departure was mentioned a few pages back after being seen on PFA but thought I'd post his statement from his LinkedIn seeing as he is yet ANOTHER player having to announce their own departure. But begs the question with him and currie away, we have gaston and who else in goals?? Teams a shambles.

Screenshot_20240529_123950_LinkedIn.jpg

16 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Read a comment on Facebook that Kyle Banner has also used his own Twitter to announce that he has left also!

Confirmed now

IMG_2267.jpeg

7 players confirmed for next season as per recent board update. Gaston, Crane, Davidson, Carrick, Hilson, McKinlay and Milne(!). Decent 5 a side team.

4 potential managers have been shortlisted so appointment might be sooner than later. Good communication (at last).

Posted (edited)

hopefully the manager decision is taken quickly. 

there's a lot to do to turn that 5 a side team into a proper squad. 

i can see more U20s making up part of the squad than previous seasons based on the comments around budget. 

So of last year's squad who do we have left that we haven't heard anything about yet?

Geeks - would love him to stay and i'd make him club captain

Cammy Clark - think he'll have better offers but i'd keep if we could. Crane can play def mid

Jojo - not sure if i'm fussed either way. decent centre half in league 2

Keiran Moore - not sure if i'm fussed either way. plenty effort but i saw a lot more effective wide players on other teams. last year 

i think that's pretty much it. Currie, Weir, Pabs, Cummins, Banner, Leitch and Spence all confirmed as away.

edit - i forgot Josh Cooper who i'd very much like to stay and be given more of a chance.

Edited by WattersIsGod

2 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

i can see more U20s making up part of the squad than previous seasons based on the comments around budget. 

So of last year's squad who do we have left that we haven't heard anything about yet?

Cammy Clark - think he'll have better offers but i'd keep if we could. Crane can play def mid

Keiran Moore - not sure if i'm fussed either way. plenty effort but i saw a lot more effective wide players on other teams. last year 

i think that's pretty much it. Currie, Weir, Pabs, Cummins, Banner, Leitch and Spence all confirmed as away.

I had seen a comment that Spence had made to cooper on twitter stating ' caged animals can't fly' , could be nothing but it's no surprise to anyone he's always on the bench so wouldn't be surprised if he were to take up a better offer where he will be played

7 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

Pretty sure Cammy Clark is also away.  They probably just forgot about him in the rush to deflect the pelters and look on the ball.

Hello board. Nice to know you're here. Nice to know you're here, now ....  ... fill in as appropriate.

50 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

edit - i forgot Josh Cooper who i'd very much like to stay and be given more of a chance.

Clark was ok, sometimes good, sometimes bad. I don't think Crane is a def mid so would prefer him solid at LB - he was subbed a lot in the latter stages of games but midfield was often over-run. Cooper failed to impress after his Kelty hatrick and DY never seemed to trust him apart from as a late sub. His performance at Dumbarton was a shocker, like most others. I'd hope the two McG's could stay for a season in L2 but not L1 level. Will be interesting to see what happens with Beepee's favourite player, Milne. The only player I'll miss is McLean but he got a good offer and won't be at same playing standard at Cowdenbeath.

Hopefully manager is appointed by weekend and can get to work.

22 hours ago, dave_binos said:

Most likely the club have not said anything about player departures is because they are still contracted to the club until the end of the month.Players announcing they are leaving will be doing it off their own back.

I understand that players were told of wage cuts,which is understandable as they were relegated to a lower level.If players want to stay then Im sure they could try to negotiate with the new manager something better than is presently on offer.Thats the way I see it anyway.

7 minutes ago, MrBeeno said:

Most likely the club have not said anything about player departures is because they are still contracted to the club until the end of the month.Players announcing they are leaving will be doing it off their own back.

I understand that players were told of wage cuts,which is understandable as they were relegated to a lower level.If players want to stay then Im sure they could try to negotiate with the new manager something better than is presently on offer.Thats the way I see it anyway.

Nearly every club in the SPFL has announced their departure list. You can’t seriously expect players to hang around until a new gaffer is appointed to see if they can squeeze more out of him? If a better offer is on the table they’d be daft not to jump at it.

Are you the SA chairman?