Stirling Albion Season 24/25 Thread

7 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Even a politician couldn’t spin this as a good appointment, at this stage, mate.

2nd bottom with Kilwinning Rangers…..great!! 

Not sure yet if it's true, or somebody's idea of a joke leaking a fake scoop to the press. Breathing slow and deep.

16 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

Not sure yet if it's true, or somebody's idea of a joke leaking a fake scoop to the press. Breathing slow and deep.

I live in hope, wasn’t that long ago the Daily Record announced Mick Kennedy as being set to be Clyde Manager, only for them to appoint Ian McCall.

9 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

I live in hope, wasn’t that long ago the Daily Record announced Mick Kennedy as being set to be Clyde Manager, only for them to appoint Ian McCall.

I thought they might give it to me, so they'd have somebody they'd really enjoy sacking.

Ffs it better be a joke 🫣

2nd bottom they finished 

What committee did they need for this.....CV meets the clubs expectations....what!!!! Of non league football....please let this be a wind up..... 

Would be interesting how they explain this one to the supporters..... it just gets worse 😕 

That’s embarrassing, if they believed he’s the right man for the job they can’t just back out cause the fans weren’t happy about it. 

The guy has resigned from his old job ffs.

That looks incredibly poor and any manager that’s in a job at the moment will probably think it’s no worth the risk 

47 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

Screenshot_20240601-100834.thumb.png.f4374d54928b164fece10fb93d2a408e.png

Wow just when I thought the board couldn't hit a new low! Regardless of if personal opinions think he is right/wrong for the job this *if true* is no way to handle the situation which now leaves someone out of a job having resigned from their old one under hopeful pretences. 

Jesus christ... what a mess. I do feel for you guys. I'm also unsure whether it is worse to have considered appointing the Aitken's & Durrant (w**k) or to have made such an arse of it in the end.

4 hours ago, squeezebox-son said:

Jesus christ... what a mess. I do feel for you guys. I'm also unsure whether it is worse to have considered appointing the Aitken's & Durrant (w**k) or to have made such an arse of it in the end.

At this point supporters of other league 2 teams are reacting to our professionalism perfection and prospects of being promotion rivals

8 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

That’s embarrassing, if they believed he’s the right man for the job they can’t just back out cause the fans weren’t happy about it. 

The guy has resigned from his old job ffs.

That looks incredibly poor and any manager that’s in a job at the moment will probably think it’s no worth the risk 

It really is mind boggling stuff. If I’ve managed to decipher all the posts correctly…

Stirling Albion punted Young because they thought Dick Campbell would jump ship to them, panicked when he quite rightly patched it and decided to appoint Chris Aitken (which is an absolutely bizarre appointment), the board then shat it when the news leaked and there was a negative reaction and will no doubt now appoint one of the names continously mentioned on here? What a shit show. I’m used to my club being run like a bin fire but that takes the biscuit. Who makes up the board at SA? 

The funny thing is, Dick Campbell aside, out of all the names mentioned so far/about to be appointed I’d rather have Darren Young over any of them. His sacking seemed harsh at the time but it just looks daft now.

33 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

The funny thing is, Dick Campbell aside, out of all the names mentioned so far/about to be appointed I’d rather have Darren Young over any of them. His sacking seemed harsh at the time but it just looks daft now.

This is my view, and the view of the vast majority of fans! 

36 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

It really is mind boggling stuff. If I’ve managed to decipher all the posts correctly…

Stirling Albion punted Young because they thought Dick Campbell would jump ship to them, panicked when he quite rightly patched it and decided to appoint Chris Aitken (which is an absolutely bizarre appointment), the board then shat it when the news leaked and there was a negative reaction and will no doubt now appoint one of the names continously mentioned on here? What a shit show. I’m used to my club being run like a bin fire but that takes the biscuit. Who makes up the board at SA? 

1 minute ago, BB_Bino said:

This is my view, and the view of the vast majority of fans! 

Dick Campbell? 

Really? I’ve completely missed this I’ll have to go back and read this through 😂