Stirling Albion Season 24/25 Thread

Leitch couldn't open up a bag of crisps in League 1..... as mentioned he's a bit slow for that level, 2nd touch always seemed to be a tackle & that was dubious.... he's still capable of doing a job in League 2 though 

Jack will be missed whether people realise it or not.  Always gave everything. Supplied about the only creativity we had by the end.  Lost his shooting boots somewhere last season, but he's gone and all the best from me Jack.

48 minutes ago, StewartyMac said:

Leitch would have worked well under Maybury I reckon. I have absolutely zero basis for this opinion, but I thought I'd give it anyway, as I'm edgy that way. 

He might well have.

He's an interesting player. You get a couple of types of player in the lower league. Those who are just about ok at everything but no outstanding skills.

Then you get players like Leitch who have some great skills but are playing at that level because they are deficient in other areas.

On his day he could run a game for us and I'd have been delighted to keep him for a league 2 campaign.

Just my 2p worth, but I was never really a huge Leitch fan but I did see what he offered, and I thought he was decent in League 2, but at least he tried last season. However, I do think the 4-4-2 that Young played, or the 4-1-3-1 latterly didn't help Jack. I think if you played him centre of an Attacking 3 in a 4-2-3-1 then you would probably get the best of of him. 

I wish him well for wherever he ends up next, I did speak to him a couple of times and he always came across as a good lad with a bit of personality, I'm just of the opinion that League 1 was beyond him now.

6 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

Jack will be missed whether people realise it or not.  Always gave everything. Supplied about the only creativity we had by the end.  Lost his shooting boots somewhere last season, but he's gone and all the best from me Jack.

Aye, I wouldn't mind if he stayed. Think he was the only player who could get a corner past the first man too. Maybe a new coach could have got something out of him but who knows. If my younger friends are to be believed he's moves like a dervish on the dancefloor but didn't quite translate to his midfield play.

15 minutes ago, SA45 said:

Aye, I wouldn't mind if he stayed. Think he was the only player who could get a corner past the first man too. Maybe a new coach could have got something out of him but who knows. If my younger friends are to be believed he's moves like a dervish on the dancefloor but didn't quite translate to his miplay.

The very idea of him moving quickly anywhere blows my mind.

On 31/05/2024 at 14:53, BB_Bino said:

I’m shocked if this is the case!!

IMG_2297.jpeg

His wife was my kids P7 teacher.

I just popped by to see how things were going after a decent guy was thrown out. Really sad to see the resulting mess.

18 minutes ago, RH33 said:

His wife was my kids P7 teacher.

I just popped by to see how things were going after a decent guy was thrown out. Really sad to see the resulting mess.

If you can dream-and not make dreams your master;

If you can think-and not make thoughts your aim;

If you can meet with triumph and disaster

And treat those two imposters just the same;

If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken

Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,

Or watch the things you gave your life to broken,

And stoop and build 'em up with worn out tools;

4 hours ago, AlbionMan said:

Would you like him back?

Nah he has had his time with us unfortunately.Good player for us when we won League 2 mind you.

Both Lewis Milne and Jack Leitch were under rated players for us last season,as I thought Darren Young was using them as a first line of defence rather than trying to create anything going forward.Our strikers suffered because of this and were often playing too far back to be effective.Just my opinion.

Milne should be better in League 2.

i thought the balance of the team was all wrong last season for what was inevitably going to be a relegation battle. 

Nearly every midfielder we had was way better on the ball than without leading to us getting overrun.

I very much doubt that wide left is Milne's preferred position.  i did think he was marginally better the couple of times he played more in the middle. he's never going to be a guy who presses and tackles. that's just not his game.  i do think he'll be better next year in a lesser league and it will give him more chance to show the positive side of his game.

1 hour ago, MrBeeno said:

Both Lewis Milne and Jack Leitch were under rated players for us last season,as I thought Darren Young was using them as a first line of defence rather than trying to create anything going forward.Our strikers suffered because of this and were often playing too far back to be effective.Just my opinion.

Lewis Milne under rated...you are having a laugh...then again you recently asked that we read the boards statement 🙄  & we did & it made no sense & it came back to being absolute drivel... no basis to it...the brains trust of Jefferies & Bone...look how they handled the situation with Tiff...the leaks to the press. .making us look like fools...couldn't even thank our Title winning skipper on his move to Cowdenbeath...a lazy copy of his post from his own personal social media account.... but again it's just your opinion 🤷 

Lewis Milne couldn't defend, incapable, hid & had no interest, hung Cammy out to dry countless times, created nothing going forward because he slowed the game down, passed responsibility by going backwards or inside.... maybe a decent player in another team....but with us he's a player in a team with no position for him....... this is just my opinion 👌

2 hours ago, MrBeeno said:

Both Lewis Milne and Jack Leitch were under rated players for us last season

Oofft, just goes to show you how strange football is, we all see the same game, the same players but yet we all think different things. I'm not one for player bashing (as regular posters/readers will probably know) but to say that both players were under rated when both were below their own standards, I can't agree with that.

I do tend to agree with the second part of your post though, and creativity in general did hamper the Strikers, was that down to the players not having the ability to get the ball into key areas or Young's tactics stifling the ability of those players to get the ball into the key areas?? The truth might be somewhere in the middle, however I think the ability of Milne and Leitch for lapse passes probably didn't help, both gave the ball away far too easily for most of the season. 

There's a good player in Lewis Milne somewhere, we just never knew how to use him. I think being in League 2 and Leitch being away, we'll see the best of him in an Albion shirt next season. He was great at the start of last season, then just drifted into a kind of nothing player who hardly contributed anything. That said, had he been out of contract this summer, I wouldn't exactly have been heartbroken to see him go.