Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

6 hours ago, HoBNob said:

Partick will be a bigger draw than Airdrie, they're an established championship club, in a good location and they'll be able to offer bigger wages. What would Airdrie be able to offer that would make them a bigger draw? 

Ambience, Christie’s the bakers and Jackie McNamara. 

49 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

does anyone know what our usual season ticket numbers are? 

Not sure how many we normally sell but would like to think there will be an increase given the play-offs and our subsequent promotion. Obviously there's been a price increase and, while it's expensive, I actually don't think it's too bad value for money. £300 works out at about £16.60 per game plus there's the Club 1924 discount on top of that and free kids season tickets. The £20 admin fee for the latter is a nonsense though! And I don't think 16-17 year olds should be paying £180. But overall, I think it's probably fair.

34 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Not sure how many we normally sell but would like to think there will be an increase given the play-offs and our subsequent promotion. Obviously there's been a price increase and, while it's expensive, I actually don't think it's too bad value for money. £300 works out at about £16.60 per game plus there's the Club 1924 discount on top of that and free kids season tickets. The £20 admin fee for the latter is a nonsense though! And I don't think 16-17 year olds should be paying £180. But overall, I think it's probably fair.

Football at this level gets a lot of criticism for the cost, but I think when you look at the price increases in every other area of society football has done well to more or less keep prices the same. I'm sure the last time we were in this league (over 10 years ago) it was £18, it's now £20, if you were to compare that percentage increase to other areas of entertainment like cinema, gig tickets etc it's a much smaller increase, not to mention comparisons with the increase in fuel costs, electricity, food etc.

Of course you could argue it was overpriced to begin with, but I do think clubs are aware of the financial challenges facing fans and are keeping prices as low as they can whilst also allowing them to have a competitive team. Given the rate of inflation, and jumping up a league, I think a £2 increase per game is absolutely fine. Free season tickets for kids is great too.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

Didn’t have a season ticket last year so wouldn’t have felt right getting the wee man one at others expense. Was happy paying £20 for a parent and child ticket every week. £25 this season means it’s £450. Even with the £20 admin fee it seems a no brainier to get me and the wee boy one this year. I assume a fair few younger season tickets will have been purchased the last few years then barely used. 

24 minutes ago, Rossm25 said:

Glad that's the season ticket announcement out the way. 

Home strips next please...modelled buy a world class (scottish championship) left back, and an away top modelled by a CB or CM , either will be fine.

22 minutes ago, GoalForAirdrie said:

Hopefully the season tickets were announced first thing this morning in anticipation of announcing some quality signings later today. Would be a good way to create excitement and boost early sales!

Chris Malone modelling the new home strip whilst holding the season ticket card like a disgruntled resident in a local newspaper please. 

55 minutes ago, diamond_for_life said:

I feel like I’m ranting here for a the sake of ranting but what I don’t get is the unemployed season ticket is £180 but my dad who is also technically unemployed has to pay £225 at the age of 75 and is hardly on a glorious pension. 

He could always enrol at a local college and become a student.  

49 minutes ago, diamond_for_life said:

Looking for some help from anyone who has the new purple jersey please. How does it compare in size to last years top should I go a size up for the wee man or are they similar to last seasons sizing. Cheers In advance. 

It’s very small made. Definitely go a size up from last years top. 

10 hours ago, GoalForAirdrie said:

It’s very small made. Definitely go a size up from last years top. 

Personally not a fan of Joma,  Football Nation have and are doing a great job, but they are only a supplier of a limited range of kit suppliers,  think we have used them all..  I know St Mirren and East Fife have binned them recently although replaced with us and another Football Nation client Cowdenbeath....  for the record my less than svelte physique  2 sizes up gor Joma straps even then if you carry a bit of timber round your midriff, you end up looking like hot shot Hampshire ( look him up)

Just now, Passionate said:

Personally not a fan of Joma,  Football Nation have and are doing a great job, but they are only a supplier of a limited range of kit suppliers,  think we have used them all..  I know St Mirren and East Fife have binned them recently although replaced with us and another Football Nation client Cowdenbeath....  for the record my less than svelte physique  2 sizes up gor Joma straps even then if you carry a bit of timber round your midriff, you end up looking like hot shot Hampshire ( look him up)

Ffs Hot Shot Hamish   not Hampshire

18 hours ago, diamond_for_life said:

I feel like I’m ranting here for a the sake of ranting but what I don’t get is the unemployed season ticket is £180 but my dad who is also technically unemployed has to pay £225 at the age of 75 and is hardly on a glorious pension. 

Probably because the state pension is roughly twice as much as the basic level of universal credit.

All very quiet on the signings front with not even any rumours flying around.

Anyway, we seem to currently have senior squad of 20 players and we're definitely better placed than previous seasons but in reality it's probably only 16 as it includes Hutton, Dunlop, Kavanagh & Prince who look very unlikely to play much, if at all.

As has been mentioned in other forums, the loan market, especially when it involves players from Scottish premiership clubs is fraught with danger given that they don't seem to want to release experienced players until very late in the window when they've filled their own squads.

Perhaps we'll see a trialist or 4 this weekend.