Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

1 hour ago, Jack Reed said:

You must be joking,that was our strongest side almost,

Simmer down man...

Game was played at a canter and was fairly enjoyable. A good show of fitness if nothing else. 

Edited by Rossm25

12 hours ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

You can only beat what's out in front of you. Also, it was a fitness exercise for us. Getting players 90 mins under their belt. Decent enough warm up. 

Maybe get a better test the day against the mighty Rovers,

I suppose to be critical,  we should have had more players on trial yesterday,  although you flip it over and we are in a much better place than last season's NL Cup,   Rhys mentioned in his interview that Fellows has been promoted to first team,  big left back, will he be the starter moving forward....    The O Connor signing makes sense, dropping seamlessly into the Smith role..  his Raith move was on the cards since January,  Rhys moved quick to replace him..

All in all, we are shaping up ok, but still desperately need ,  options in all areas,   any signing rumours after yesterday,  

28 minutes ago, Passionate said:

I suppose to be critical,  we should have had more players on trial yesterday,  although you flip it over and we are in a much better place than last season's NL Cup,   Rhys mentioned in his interview that Fellows has been promoted to first team,  big left back, will he be the starter moving forward....    The O Connor signing makes sense, dropping seamlessly into the Smith role..  his Raith move was on the cards since January,  Rhys moved quick to replace him..

All in all, we are shaping up ok, but still desperately need ,  options in all areas,   any signing rumours after yesterday,  

I think fellows will be a back up. 

Agree on O'connor think he looks like a straight swap for smith. Hard to gauge based on the opposition but he looks OK. Aiken I don't really remember doing much but again it's just a friendly. 

Priority for me is still a left back and another CB with pace. Anything on top of that and I'll be happy. 

Read from the interview that the team are away to Coleraine tomorrow for pre season training.

@Mr November mentioned that Brighton have a Northern Irish striker Ben Wilson who's out of contract just now.

On the Brighton website it actually says that he was signed from Coleraine so if we're playing 'Consilium Bingo' then I'm taking him on my card.Screenshot_20230701_213934_Chrome.thumb.jpg.64ec47989a494f039d735784665f6495.jpg

17 minutes ago, David Fernández said:

Read from the interview that the team are away to Coleraine tomorrow for pre season training.

@Mr November mentioned that Brighton have a Northern Irish striker Ben Wilson who's out of contract just now.

On the Brighton website it actually says that he was signed from Coleraine so if we're playing 'Consilium Bingo' then I'm taking him on my card.Screenshot_20230701_213934_Chrome.thumb.jpg.64ec47989a494f039d735784665f6495.jpg

Do you think there is a chance he is signing for us,

21 minutes ago, David Fernández said:

So will that most likely mean there’s no pen this week if the team are away to Coleraine? 😞

4 minutes ago, GoalForAirdrie said:

So will that most likely mean there’s no pen this week if the team are away to Coleraine? 😞

Doesn't seem likely, noticed from the game yesterday there was only one substitution made so I'd imagine the likes of Todorov, McGill and Telfer will be starting today.

41 minutes ago, David Fernández said:

Doesn't seem likely, noticed from the game yesterday there was only one substitution made so I'd imagine the likes of Todorov, McGill and Telfer will be starting today.

Can only be used to build up fitness,

2 hours ago, Jack Reed said:

Maybe get a better test the day against the mighty Rovers,

The Rovers complete with trialist Bright Prince who came on as a sub for them yesterday. Although he didn't do very much which, to me, confirms my suspicions on his ability or lack thereof from the one development match I watched last season.

1 hour ago, David Fernández said:

I must have dozed off at some point because I didn't see any of our subs coming on. At this rate I could replace Chris Kamara on sky sports soccer Saturday. Unbelievable Jeff!

24 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

The Rovers complete with trialist Bright Prince who came on as a sub for them yesterday. Although he didn't do very much which, to me, confirms my suspicions on his ability or lack thereof from the one development match I watched last season.

Granted, but once again, do we get to keep his da?

5 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

Sandy Clark had Prince at east Stirling on loan ,

Just in case I haven't been clear enough I have no interest in the lad himself. I just want to keep his dad as our Junior Vice President of our CompuGlobalHyperMeganet/social media team

25 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Just in case I haven't been clear enough I have no interest in the lad himself. I just want to keep his dad as our Junior Vice President of our CompuGlobalHyperMeganet/social media team

Oh ,your crystal clear .