Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

52 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Stuart Millar starting geez , things are pretty bleak,  is Willie McGuire going to pass a fitness test for a place on the bench...  

Could someone tell our manager and management team that we are playing Dunfermline on Sat ,

3 minutes ago, She who dares gins said:

Slightly different position to us as they know their keeper will be out long term. We’re just looking for one match. 

To be fair everything is very hand to mouth looking at the whole set up from a relative distance,   is Hutton that bad an option for one game,   is he better than a 18 year old youth keeper from a Premier League club or even our own club....

This situation could and should have been avoided a day before a game and we are scratching our chin for options....  We need to wisen up here and quickly....

11 minutes ago, Passionate said:

To be fair everything is very hand to mouth looking at the whole set up from a relative distance,   is Hutton that bad an option for one game,   is he better than a 18 year old youth keeper from a Premier League club or even our own club....

This situation could and should have been avoided a day before a game and we are scratching our chin for options....  We need to wisen up here and quickly....

We haven’t got any keepers in our 17s yet so no possible 😂

The concern for me about Hutton, other than him being an aging keeper on the decline, is that he's not had a single competitive minute this season, when there may have been a chance to play him at some point. Therefore you'd have to assume that there's absolutely no expectation from the club that he will start a game this season. Yet here we are, potentially going into that situation on the first league game of the season. That's quite disappointing.. The club may yet pull something out of the bag, but I'd imagine it'll be all hands on deck to get anything over the line now. 

22 minutes ago, She who dares gins said:

Slightly different position to us as they know their keeper will be out long term. We’re just looking for one match. 

I agree, that's not really a fair comparison. But the issue is as you say, we are looking for one match, clubs have virtually nothing to gain by giving us a player for 1 game. Another keeper, even a not particularly good one, should have been on the books to ensure we weren't in this situation.

3 minutes ago, AJ77 said:

I think 95% of our support would echo this statement.

Wonder how Hutton feels about this ,he is after all in squad ,someone needs to be clear one way or another, Certainly had his moments  ,does he feel he could play if not maybe stepdown or across to coaching role only ,surely makes sense ,one thing for sure he would give his all for Airdrie if playing,

In hindsight we should've kept Jay Cantley thought he done well in the few games he was called upon in Murray's last season, was slightly surprised McCabe never kept him and Matty Mcdonald on at the time.

20 minutes ago, AJ77 said:

In hindsight we should've kept Jay Cantley thought he done well in the few games he was called upon in Murray's last season, was slightly surprised McCabe never kept him and Matty Mcdonald on at the time.

Was never a huge fan of McDonald thought cantley was a decent keeper am sure he left cause he wanted first team football

Was really hoping we would have a few new faces by now, I think we all agree the squad needs strengthened (quite apart from the current goalkeeping situation).  I understand the reasons why we would be holding out for the ‘right’ players but the league starts tomorrow and if anything we’re weaker than when last season finished. A lot of the feel good factor following promotion seems to have gone (in spite of the good results so far) and I can see a fair bit of pessimism setting in for the season ahead.  Having said that I’ll be at Dunfermline tomorrow, season ticket is bought, and I’ll be delighted to be proved wrong!