Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

3 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Another unfortunate situation,  There is no excuse for ' ignorance' , I am sure he is full of remorse blah blah blah,   Mud sticks rightly or wrongly in Football,   glad the club have dealt with it Internally and I wouldn't be surprised if a lengthy ban ensues,  a Kilsyth Rangers player received a 10 game ban for using the same 'despicable' language against an opponent recently,  different leagues and level I know....

What really sticks in my throat is 4 days after his act of cowardice in the 7 nil reserve dribbling by Livingston,  he was promoted to first team duty for the game against Dundee United..   That is setting the wrong tone,  surely....

"act of cowardice"!? 

I get "despicable" and I previously used inappropriate, I'd also say unacceptable but you're going a bit far with that first one.

In relation to setting the wrong tone by putting him in the first team squad for the Saturday that's a football decision by the manager and would no doubt have been made after discussion with the owner about the sending off incident. They maybe didn't see the need to deal with it beyond the outcome of their internal discipline procedure and the automatic SFA ban. I'm not placed to know what these discussions were so I'll leave it at that. Maybe we could get the laddie put in some stocks for the next home game and you can throw rotten fruit at him if it makes you feel better about it.

4 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

"act of cowardice"!? 

I get "despicable" and I previously used inappropriate, I'd also say unacceptable but you're going a bit far with that first one.

In relation to setting the wrong tone by putting him in the first team squad for the Saturday that's a football decision by the manager and would no doubt have been made after discussion with the owner about the sending off incident. They maybe didn't see the need to deal with it beyond the outcome of their internal discipline procedure and the automatic SFA ban. I'm not placed to know what these discussions were so I'll leave it at that. Maybe we could get the laddie put in some stocks for the next home game and you can throw rotten fruit at him if it makes you feel better about it.

Maybe my morals are slightly different to yours,  pulling an Airdrie shirt on representing the club is an honour in my book.      And that is the last I will say on the matter..

2 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Maybe my morals are slightly different to yours,  pulling an Airdrie shirt on representing the club is an honour in my book.      And that is the last I will say on the matter..

No worries, we all have different opinions, enjoy your moral high ground.

3 hours ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

"act of cowardice"!? 

"Gav son, mind your language" move on!

Looking at the pricing for listening to the home games audio only was previous £5 a game but now only options are £20 per month or £200 per season and the month starts when payment made but it may be that there are only 2 home games in the month and a few people may not be able to listen every week due to work etc .Pay per game for the audio would appeal to some fans Thoughts ?

2 hours ago, Diamond Sab said:

Looking at the pricing for listening to the home games audio only was previous £5 a game but now only options are £20 per month or £200 per season and the month starts when payment made but it may be that there are only 2 home games in the month and a few people may not be able to listen every week due to work etc .Pay per game for the audio would appeal to some fans Thoughts ?

@AndyDD @el Gringo

59 minutes ago, Diamond Sab said:

Appears pay per game  for Audio is available wordwide but not for UK users who only have monthly or season long options avail .Anyone from the Club,Diamonds TV ,Media team of even just someome in the know advise ?

Rather than posting on a fans forum looking for "anyone from the club" maybe go to the "contact us" page of the club website and try from there.  They provide an email address for the commercial dept that is probably worth a go 

commercial@airdriefc.com

1 hour ago, AJ77 said:

Full squad to pick from again bar Sinky, be surprised if he made any changes to the starting 11. Feel like we won't see much of McCabe on the park anymore after the arbroath disaster.

Probably not especially with Telfer fit again and at the moment Frizz and Aiken are completely un-droppable. Of course injuries and suspensions will come into play but Rhys has made it clear if you come in and play well then you keep your place.

9 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Probably not especially with Telfer fit again and at the moment Frizz and Aiken are completely un-droppable. Of course injuries and suspensions will come into play but Rhys has made it clear if you come in and play well then you keep your place.

Yep agreed and he gave Telfer a lot of praise after Saturdays game so i'd say they 4 midfielders are in front of the gaffer in the pecking order, would like to see McStarvick get some minutes tomorrow as well.

7 hours ago, Kenny_m said:

Your most hated player at the base of midfield is also undroppable atm 😉