Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

2 hours ago, Diamonds on the Windshield said:

Looking back at the highlights from the Rangers B game Gabby is playing through the middle. His first touch and finish for the goals is exactly what we have been missing. No hitting it straight at the keeper or into a defender and for Gal's goal it was a pass because there was a defender blocking his shot at goal. Again Gal's first touch and finish were bang on. Both Gabby's goal were top class finishing. It's also worth mentioning that Todarov is shown with a few bad misses.

I have wondered if McCabe has a problem with Gabby as bringing O'Connor on when we need a goal with Gabby on the bench just doesn't make sense. For Gabby's second goal McCabe comes forward and pats O'Conner for the pass and doesn't even appear to glance over at Gabby let alone celebrate with him. Anyone heard anything?

Managers way or the highway,

Agree with the post about Charlie Reilly being a very good loan signing if that was to happen.

With Edinburgh City's financial problems another former player who I think would be a decent signing is Innes Murray.

From his stats his goals and assists contribution is pretty good. Always liked him at Edinburgh and I think he'd be better than the options we have out wide. In comparison to the wide men we have he can actually put a decent ball into the box which is something we've been lacking.

Probably seems unlikely he'll sign for us anyway but imagine he'll not be short of a few offers.

2 hours ago, David Fernández said:

Agree with the post about Charlie Reilly being a very good loan signing if that was to happen.

With Edinburgh City's financial problems another former player who I think would be a decent signing is Innes Murray.

From his stats his goals and assists contribution is pretty good. Always liked him at Edinburgh and I think he'd be better than the options we have out wide. In comparison to the wide men we have he can actually put a decent ball into the box which is something we've been lacking.

Probably seems unlikely he'll sign for us anyway but imagine he'll not be short of a few offers.

Reilly on paper could be decent,  he banged them in a bottom League 2 side, asking a lot to score the goals to keep a struggling side in the championship,   Innes Murray is a League 1 player as his career has dictated,   we sign these players and that is where we will be,  don't really know the answers except we need better than we have, not convinced we will get it...

Hypothetical question if we were in League 1 with our current squad,  where would we be at this stage of the season,  I would say a distant third behind Hamilton and Falkirk,  scary stuff...  On the positive we are in the championship and by hook or crook we must stay there..

26 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Reilly on paper could be decent,  he banged them in a bottom League 2 side, asking a lot to score the goals to keep a struggling side in the championship,   Innes Murray is a League 1 player as his career has dictated,   we sign these players and that is where we will be,  don't really know the answers except we need better than we have, not convinced we will get it...

Hypothetical question if we were in League 1 with our current squad,  where would we be at this stage of the season,  I would say a distant third behind Hamilton and Falkirk,  scary stuff...  On the positive we are in the championship and by hook or crook we must stay there..

I think with Innes Murray I don't think offering him a 6 month deal would do us any harm.

We signed Dylan Easton from Kelty Hearts who were in the lowland league and he's playing for a team who are top of the Championship. Cammy Ballantyne played for Montrose and he's probably our best and most consistent defender.

The alternative is signing another player on loan who could end up like another Josh O'Connor again, I understand the flip side to the argument as well as Gabby and Frizz have struggled this season with the step up.

I'm just happy not to be in league 1 and happy to be in the 2nd tier.

15 minutes ago, diamond_for_life said:

No idea if signed for anyone but was Danny Handling decent for Edinburgh? I know he scored a few against us last season 

Also John Robertson was decent for them against us and has been released by Linfield. 

Just throwing 2 random attacking options out there 

Handling ha signed for Brechin city agree good player,  Robertson is a wrong un and will probably end up at EK,  don't think many clubs will touch him.

1 hour ago, Passionate said:

Handling ha signed for Brechin city agree good player,  Robertson is a wrong un and will probably end up at EK,  don't think many clubs will touch him.

You called it! If you know why he was sacked by Linfield you can make your own joke about him signing for a Mick Kennedy team.