Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

1 minute ago, cb_diamond said:

Agree completely. Can't see us matching last seasons position in the league this year.

A reminder that it's early days and nothing has yet been confirmed.

Just now, Kenny_m said:

A reminder that it's early days and nothing has yet been confirmed.

Not necessarily because of us, because of the level of competition.

9 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Not necessarily because of us, because of the level of competition.

Yeh I get it, but the 2 players mentioned are unsurprising, as they fit our model which is the only one we have if we live within our means. 

33 minutes ago, Passionate said:

t's all hearsay at the moment but I sincerely hope we are not signing these lads to replace the likes of Ballantyne and Telfer,  this would be the cheap option

A quick look at the facebook page and its rumoured that Ballantyne's off to Accies, which to be honest is a real ballbreaker!

Posted (edited)

A lot of the same people were saying a lot of the same things this time last summer…

By all means, debate away - that’s why we’re here but there’s no need to succumb to the fear and anxiety just yet.

Edited by thediamonddude

4 minutes ago, thediamonddude said:

A lot of the same people were saying a lot of the same things this time last summer…

By all means, debate away - that’s why we’re here but there’s no need to succumb to the fear and anxiety just yet.

Was going to say this. If there's anything to learn from last year it's to at least wait and give the manager and team a chance before judging our signings.

51 minutes ago, Passionate said:

I know Thistle were in for Armstrong never seen the lad play personally,    it's all hearsay at the moment but I sincerely hope we are not signing these lads to replace the likes of Ballantyne and Telfer,  this would be the cheap option,  it would be a very HIGH RISK policy and after the season of our lives we just had,  you would hope to push on and keep your better players..      

The lack of information coming from the club regarding players is very poor and us bored fans have to much time on keyboards...

Someone on P&B linked us with him but I don't know if there was any more to it than that. 

7 hours ago, Kenny_m said:

A quick look at the facebook page and its rumoured that Ballantyne's off to Accies, which to be honest is a real ballbreaker!

That would be a sore one but if Accies are willing to outbid us on wages by charging £26 for entry and / or spending more than they are bringing in there's not much we can do. The early indications are that we are sticking to whatever wage structure we had previously which is bound to result in established Championship players leaving. Got to trust Rhys can identify good replacements. 

19 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Aaron Reid young 6.4. Striker from Aberdeen....

Following on from McDonald yesterday we are getting spoiled !

I have a feeling we will see the pen again today...

Incoming post from Peterhead fan which i doubt is going to be favourable.

18 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Aaron Reid young 6.4. Striker from Aberdeen....

Following on from McDonald yesterday we are getting spoiled !

I have a feeling we will see the pen again today...

Surprised with that,showed nothing when he was with us I honestly thought he would end up in the highland league 

1 minute ago, Kenny_m said:

Incoming post from Peterhead fan which i doubt is going to be favourable.

I heard last week that this was in the offing and spoke to a Formartine season ticket holder who was astounded that he was going to a championship club. Another colleague who knows him well, said that he had a growth spurt when he was 16ish and started banging in the goals in the Highland league where Aberdeen bought him from Turriff a couple of years after they released him. Apparently decent in the air and no slouch either but lacking in awareness but obviously Rhys sees something to work on.  You never know but I wouldn't imagine he'll be starting many games.