Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

Good news about Frizzell signing up again, see Albert Bartlet have taken on naming rights for the stadium, the comercial team seem to  be doing a good job getting sponsorship, hospitality sold, is the stadium still a seperate company to the football club?

2 hours ago, WL Diamond said:

Also interesting to see Ian Murray today saying he knew nothing of Fordyce leaving Airdrie until the day it was announced (same day as Raith lost in the playoffs). If this is true it lends credibility to the theory that a bust up of some sort with Rhys is what led to Fordyce’s departure, rather than simply chasing a higher wage.  To me this makes sense. Fordyce was part of a successful management team, if he stayed with us for say another 6 months or a year, the potential rewards for moving to be assistant at a bigger (possibly Premiership?) club would be much greater than as a player at Raith. 

Made this point straight after Dycey leaving was announced.  He was part of a great management team and then out of the blue he’s leaving. No time to get the word out there and you’d think Murray would be one of the FIRST to know.  So he gets a great player that he already knows and fills a position where he wanted a fresh face and also weakens the bogey team that  played them off the park all season.  No brainer for the Rovers.

sad that there was obviously something wrong that went down late in the season. I imagine Rhys was 90% of the success of the team last season so the split won’t affect us too much I hope 

48 minutes ago, moses1924 said:

Good news about Frizzell signing up again, see Albert Bartlet have taken on naming rights for the stadium, the comercial team seem to  be doing a good job getting sponsorship, hospitality sold, is the stadium still a seperate company to the football club?

Yes it is but on the football club there's about 6 different companies that PH is a director of. If there any Accountants on here they could maybe decipher what they all are, but PH seems very good at sums.

1 hour ago, Kenny_m said:

Yes it is but on the football club there's about 6 different companies that PH is a director of. If there any Accountants on here they could maybe decipher what they all are, but PH seems very good at sums.

Was an accountant for a few years and studied at uni so will give a bash, AUFC will probably be in a better position than my attempt

Excelsior LLP - looks like holding company where the stadium is in - maybe to protect the asset if any the others went belly up

Excelsior Stadium Ltd - looks like trading activity of the stadium ( could be pitch hire etc) - in a 6 figure positive with net assets so looks healthy

Footbal club and athletic ltd - £810 net assets - unsure what the trading activity will be in this business as 0 employees down on companies house

Football academy ltd - dormant company

Airdrie diamonds - 0 employees 291k net assets (academy maybe?)

Football club ltd - 450k net assets , 0 employees again 

Airdrieonians FC ltd - 387k in the red on the balance sheet - trading activity for the football club - looks like there is a 10k overdraft facility on it and 355k owed to the group undertakings so could be owed to other companies listed here. 

Retained earnings for financial yet 22 was a 657k minus so could be losses incurred by covid carried over, obviously companies house works on a lag so accounts are out of date by at least a year. Books have been audited by an external accountant so will be true and fair reflection of the books.

Could well be that PH is topping up the losses with intracompany loans from other companies within the group. 

Page 6 of this confirms the last sentence as there are parents companies owed 50k, 283k, 21k and 123k - ultimate controlling party over Airdrie is PH. 

There is also Blythswood Square Capital and Blythswood Square Capital number 2

Number 2 is for operating and leasing property  (investment property)

Blytshwood Square Capital is a trading company (buying and selling of real estate) 

Both these companies look very healthy. The main thing about these two companies is that there is no charges held against the assets on these companies.

T means that assets owned in these companies are mortgage free which is good as there is multi 7 figure amounts in these two companies combined.

It is possible there could be unsecured loans against the properties however it is very very unlikely as no one will be lending millions of pounds with 0 security. 

Quite long winded but hope it makes sense, looks healthy and maybe @Aufccan chip in as I didn't stick accounting and he is still involved. 

On 10/06/2024 at 20:58, cb_diamond said:

If Telfer leaves I suspect the fans Facebook page might become the first non P+B entity to enter the headstone thread 😂😂

I actually expected the Facebook group to be worse than what it was in the aftermath of Rae signing for St Johnstone. Which isn’t necessarily a complement to the group but more of a reflection of past behaviours. I thought some of the comments about Fordyce after he left were disgraceful. Folk will roll out the red carpet and give a standing ovation to muck like Jordan Allan. Yet, the same folk were calling Fordyce a ‘traitor’, a snake, rat and all sorts of names for… signing for Raith Rovers. A team who I’ve no historical or current reasons to dislike at all. And even if we did, so what? A guy who’s been nothing but brilliant for us in our most successful period in 20 years, and has been a crucial part in that. You don’t have to applaud him, or wave at him like a Dumbarton fan, every time he plays against us but grow up please. 

I thought Rae might have got the same treatment but thankfully folk were largely appreciative of him and his contribution to the club. Other than a couple of weirdos complaining about St Johnstone announcing his signing before we did 😂 I mean, who fucking cares, and what sort of mind do you have to have for that to be your first thought about Josh Rae leaving? And one or two saying he was a bombscare with the ball at his feet, which is just wildly untrue. 

It’s the hyperbole and the doom-mongering every summer that irritates me the most. It’s like folk think the squad as it is at the moment will be the squad that starts the season. Which is obviously not going to be the case. Hope the good news about Frizzell today chills people out a bit. 

Edited by airdrieman

20 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

I actually expected the Facebook group to be worse than what it was in the aftermath of Rae signing for St Johnstone. Which isn’t necessarily a complement to the group but more of a reflection of past behaviours. I thought some of the comments about Fordyce after he left were disgraceful. Folk will roll out the red carpet and give a standing ovation to muck like Jordan Allan. Yet, the same folk were calling Fordyce a ‘traitor’, a snake, rat and all sorts of names for… signing for Raith Rovers. A team who I’ve no historical or current reasons to dislike at all. And even if we did, so what? A guy who’s been nothing but brilliant for us in our most successful period in 20 years, and has been a crucial part in that. You don’t have to applaud him, or wave at him like a Dumbarton fan, every time he plays against us but grow up please. 

I thought Rae might have got the same treatment but thankfully folk were largely appreciative of him and his contribution to the club. Other than a couple of weirdos complaining about St Johnstone announcing his signing before we did 😂 I mean, who fucking cares, and what sort of mind do you have to have for that to be your first thought about Josh Rae leaving? And one or two saying he was a bombscare with the ball at his feet, which is just wildly untrue. 

It’s the hyperbole and the doom-mongering every summer that irritates me the most. It’s like folk think the squad as it is at the moment will be the squad that starts the season. Which is obviously not going to be the case. Hope the good news about Frizzell today chills people out a bit. 

I like a good.moan in the close season,  keeps me in the zone, hopefully constructive some of the time.  At least we all show a small amount of respect and dignity to each other on Pie and Bovril, the supporters Facebook page  that used to be decent is now full of happy clapping fans, needing their egos massaged constantly with seemingly a one opinion only mantra most of the time....

Roll on the euros and forget about the Tattihad Arena (like it)  for a couple of days anyway..

Vive la france

9 minutes ago, Passionate said:

I like a good.moan in the close season,  keeps me in the zone, hopefully constructive some of the time.  At least we all show a small amount of respect and dignity to each other on Pie and Bovril, the supporters Facebook page  that used to be decent is now full of happy clapping fans, needing their egos massaged constantly with seemingly a one opinion only mantra most of the time....

Roll on the euros and forget about the Tattihad Arena (like it)  for a couple of days anyway..

Vive la france

Aye don’t get me wrong. A moan can be good and justified and cathartic. I think the Facebook group is annoying because it’s all either one extreme or the other with no nuance or any quality of debate.  Like you say, at least we’re distinguished P&Bers 😉 And good thing we already know the words to the La Marseillaise. 

Edited by airdrieman

I’ve not seen any input from The Red Diamond on this thread for a while. Have you guys got him packed away in cold storage until the season starts? 

19 hours ago, Passionate said:

Good news,  hopefully Telfer next and I don't think ATS has been confirmed either,    interesting that Frizz is looking forward to playing with a raft of exciting new signings as per article,  are they here or still to come....

I'm still expecting around 8-10 signings to come, including loanees, albeit it could be August before those deals are completed. 

Yes, the ATS Assistant Manager rumour is rumbling on. Maybe he feels not ready to hang up the boots.

51 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Pretty sure there was chat Corr was with Consillium now. He's raw, needs game time and has the odd error in there but there's definitely a solid player in there. 

He played well in the play-offs, didn't get a run of games during the season but think he had a broken foot after starting a few games, agree with what is said there he looked good for Raith during the play offs and of course will have resale value which fits our model. Bring him home Jackie.

If I was Rhys I’d be all about a Dylan Corr move… he seems like a perfect signing given his age and our recent defense losses.   Think most RR fans are upset at losing him and I imagine he’s a player with a bigger future ahead so all round makes sense. 

Confirmed that ATS is the assistant manager. Still part of the playing squad but I suspect he’ll play even less than he did last season.

I can’t believe ATS has lied just three words into his quote in the article though - that man has never been “thrilled” in his life!

Edited by Mr November

7 minutes ago, Mr November said:

Confirmed that ATS is the assistant manager. Still part of the playing squad but I suspect he’ll play even less than he did last season.

I can’t believe ATS has lied just three words into his quote in the article though - that man has never been “thrilled” in his life!

My Mrs serves him in the Lidl most days during the season, and I knew exactly who she was talking about...... 'the tall sad one".

5 hours ago, FLDiamond said:

If I was Rhys I’d be all about a Dylan Corr move… he seems like a perfect signing given his age and our recent defense losses.   Think most RR fans are upset at losing him and I imagine he’s a player with a bigger future ahead so all round makes sense. 

He would be a good pick up for you , decent player who will only improve with games