Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

We all know which group of folk are being discussed here and I've been no stranger in the past to the occasional comment poking fun at Airdrie for that element of their support - but "woven into the fabric of the club and the town" should be - and I imagine is - taken as an insult by all Airdrie supporters that regularly go to watch and support their team.

With all the stuff that lot have been involved with in the past, you can't be serious, surely?

1 minute ago, Senor Bairn said:

Airdrie AND Rangers with right wing flags at games the same week!?!? 

Gosh golly am I surprised!!!

Maybe the Airdrie fan with the flag is just a massive Tory, given it was their phrase/policy when in power?

4 hours ago, AFCJunior said:

The clubs just as much those 'stupid b*****ds' as it yours or anyone else's, no matter how pious you or others get, in fact those people gave everything when airdrieonians were in trouble. If your so 'dammed sure' why not take it up with one of those guys? They are highly visible within our support always have been.

So many people in the support now seem to have an idea of what an airdrie fan should be and that's like every other sanitised shit box club in the lower leagues, no thanks.

And to the poster somehow linking the flag to be aimed at David linden? Why? Guys a blood and soil nationalist moron, thankfully now an unemployed one. 

if i was to take it up with one of those mutants, it would leave me with probably a broken jaw and a ban from the stadium for causing an incident, i only spotted the flag after the game so cant exactly do anything now can i...and unlike others i want to spend my saturday afternoon watching my local club whom ive been watching since i was 4 for the product on the pitch...not what goes on in the stands

maybe it might be nice to be as you say "like every other sanitised shit box club in the lower league"...what so be a sensible and community driven club like Montrose?...Annan?...Forfar....Stranraer?....how often do you hear "n*zi (insert club here) b*****ds" down in league 2?...probably as rarely as a nice summers day in scotland shows up...and by saying "no thanks" to be a "sanitsed club" youre actively working against what the club is trying to achieve and distance itself from those views

you...your kind...your values and your ideals arent welcome here, and they arent welcome at Airdrie Stadium

55 minutes ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

Worth pointing out here that the Scottish Government (& Ferguson Shipyard) have done more to “stop the boats” than any other government around the world, imo.

😂♦️♦️♦️♦️

f**k me only came on here to see if anyone else was nervous about potentially losing McCabe. Think I will go back to the Raith thread and re read how confident they are on getting him. I felt better 20 minutes ago. 

I could write loads here but it would add nothing to what has been said already and it would be much less articulate too.

All I will say is the world is a horrible place. Poverty, exclusion, division, war, death destruction, murder, rape and famine just to name a few things we see happening not just abroad but closer to home too. We have all faced some form of heartache and trauma in life. Football is the chance to forget about the atrocities of the world and how life’s struggles impact us all. For 90 mins we are supposed to be able to put ideologies to the side and just be happy in the moment. 

That flag has no place at a football game but not because I disagree with it wholeheartedly but because it breeds nothing but hate. I don’t give a toss if you’ve been a fan for 10 mins or 10 years that makes you no better or worse of a fan than anyone else myself included I can happily say I’m a no one. If you can’t see the implications of that flag though then there is no point in dialogue of any kind. 

You are absolutely within your right to voice your political agenda (in the right way and at the right time). I will always try to advocate the right to voice opposing views but not if they promote hatred or violence. Others however have the right to tell you the view is bollox without fear of a “sore face” hence football is not the place for this. 

I genuinely hope no matter what view you have you are happy, healthy and live as fulfilled a life as possible. The last few pages I’ve read on here though are tragic and I hope people can have a hard think about what’s potentially to come in their lives if things carry on as they are.  

Edited by diamond_for_life

7 hours ago, boost said:

if i was to take it up with one of those mutants, it would leave me with probably a broken jaw and a ban from the stadium for causing an incident, i only spotted the flag after the game so cant exactly do anything now can i...and unlike others i want to spend my saturday afternoon watching my local club whom ive been watching since i was 4 for the product on the pitch...not what goes on in the stands

maybe it might be nice to be as you say "like every other sanitised shit box club in the lower league"...what so be a sensible and community driven club like Montrose?...Annan?...Forfar....Stranraer?....how often do you hear "n*zi (insert club here) b*****ds" down in league 2?...probably as rarely as a nice summers day in scotland shows up...and by saying "no thanks" to be a "sanitsed club" youre actively working against what the club is trying to achieve and distance itself from those views

you...your kind...your values and your ideals arent welcome here, and they arent welcome at Airdrie Stadium

Haha 'my kind' how very elitist of you. I'm very welcome, have been for many many years. You and the rest of the self appointed moral gurdians are an utter pox on the club and cause more damage than you realise. 

27 minutes ago, AFCJunior said:

Haha 'my kind' how very elitist of you. I'm very welcome, have been for many many years. You and the rest of the self appointed moral gurdians are an utter pox on the club and cause more damage than you realise. 

Cause more damage how exactly? Take your time and provide as much detail as you can.

Fair play to the Airdrie fans on here standing upto this person, who's surely on the wind up. If not, I seriously worry for some people.

9 hours ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

Nobody is telling you who you can and can't support but this isn't support. Bringing a flag with a racist dog whistle slogan isn't in any way shape or form "supporting the team" or geeing them on to 3 points. It's a huge great "look at me, I'm edgy as f**k" sign. 

At the end of a week where we've seen riots down South, places of religion being attacked, hotels with families in them being set on fire and other nonsense because of cretins like Yaxley-Lennon, Farage, Lee Anderson and others using the same racist dog whistle as well as the downright lie of "protecting our kids" it takes a very special kind of stupid to take that banner to a football match and not expect a vocal reaction and condemnation of it. However my guess is that it was a reaction that the owner was probably looking for, in line with them being "edgy".

Your invitation here and that of many others on Twitter to come and have a chat about it is disingenuous at best. The type of chat favoured by these idiots is the type that would see me getting a ban from attending matches and I'm afraid that none of you racists are worth it. Keep the flag for showing support to the elite of this country who are laughing up their sleeves at everyone buying into this nonsense while not paying any attention to the fact they're robbing you all blind, and leave it at home on a Saturday (or Friday night).

The type of chat is one your definitely scared to have knowing you and immediately labelling people as racist is ridiculous, and coming from a nationalist is f**king hilarious. 

Nothing to do with the 'elite' though your support of scottish nationalism I see your a fan of the local elitis. 

You have no idea wether I 'buy into it' or not, my issue is with the self appointed 'moral compass' of the club. 

1 minute ago, AJ77 said:

Priority at the moment, no idea what's happened with this sheff utd boy right enough.

Thanks , nice to talk about football on a football site,  this will never take,    

5 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Thanks , nice to talk about football on a football site,  this will never take,    

It's the simple things in life eh

I'm not a member or supporter of David Linden's party and I don't believe in nationalist ideologies, but describing him as a "blood and soil nationalist" is bad faith nonsense and frankly it's hard to take someone's opinions on anything seriously if they genuinely believe that to be the case.

45 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

I stay away from these Types of debates now. I've said before that many on this site are woke as f**k and backed up by the Mods and if you say anything they dont agree with you get Banned. I've already been banned 3 times I think.

The is no tolerance for debate on this site on Certain subjects so I just stay clear now. You just need to goto sites like the BBC news and you can see how one narrative is pushed.

What i will say is that a lot and i mean a lot of people are getting sick of it (especially down south) as the last few days have showed.

But i guess there are millions of racists in the UK eh....

Why are you constantly on our thread spouting pish? 

People not wanting to give air to right wing ideologies, doesn't make them "woke". 

Conspiracies on top of conspiracies on top of conspiracies. Yourself and the other poster would do well as Celtic fans.

2 hours ago, A Diamond For Me said:

I'm not a member or supporter of David Linden's party and I don't believe in nationalist ideologies, but describing him as a "blood and soil nationalist" is bad faith nonsense and frankly it's hard to take someone's opinions on anything seriously if they genuinely believe that to be the case.

In what way is it nonsense? Read the history of that party and what it's stands for, what the founders did. He is nationalist and not a clever one.

12 minutes ago, AFCJunior said:

In what way is it nonsense? Read the history of that party and what it's stands for, what the founders did. He is nationalist and not a clever one.

I don’t really care about your point of view regarding what was written on rhe flag. Free speech and all that. 

However, do you ever step back and think “how will this affect the club?”. Do you not think potential sponsors might look at that and think they don’t want to get involved with a club like that. It is a great time to be involved with Airdrie. We are doing well and have one the best managers in the lower leagues. we have a good set up off the pitch. Genuinely don’t really see any benefit to putting that on a flag and bringing it to the football. 

It’s obviously going to be highly controversial and clearly looking for attention. Literally no need for it to be involved in football. As I said, I don’t really care whether that is your view but please just keep it away from football. 

Edited by Aufc