Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

29 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Absolutely not. I've grown to really like him at full-back, but he's not a reliable centre back. I'd have any combination of Fordyce, ATS, Hancock or McCabe over him in there.

I also wouldn't bring Hancock in tomorrow. We're already going to have a different goalie, I think a settled back 4 will be needed.

Long term i’m sure we’ll see Ballantyne back at RB but agree tomorrow might not be the right time. Good to have genuine leftie on board though as i always feel it’s gives a better balance to any side. 

1 hour ago, CumbyDiamond said:

Celtic youth keeper touted at one point as being on loan last season (prior to Lyness I think) but fell through so would make sense if it was him.

Oluyawemi was the guy rumoured last year but he’s not featured for their B team this season. 

If it is Josh Clarke it would be smart to get him until Xmas with the promise of minutes in the diddy cup.

Also, on a lighter note, just accidentally clicked into the League one forum by accident for the first time in ages, smiled and clicked out. It's not all doom and gloom 😁😁😁

Edited by cb_diamond

9 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

If it is Josh Clarke it would be smart to get him until Xmas with the promise of minutes in the diddy cup.

Also, on a lighter note, just accidentally clicked into the League one forum by accident for the first time in ages, smiled and clicked out. It's not all doom and gloom 😁😁😁

He’s the main keeper for the B team they don’t have a game on the Saturday so he’s available 

Just watched Rhys pre match interview, a wry smile when asked about Josh being suspended tells me he has it sorted and probably has had it sorted for a while. Fully expect an announcement an hour before kick off like the Falkirk 2nd leg.  

19 minutes ago, ElDiamondo said:

Just watched Rhys pre match interview, a wry smile when asked about Josh being suspended tells me he has it sorted and probably has had it sorted for a while. Fully expect an announcement an hour before kick off like the Falkirk 2nd leg.  

I got the impression from the interview that Gabby won’t make it.

1 minute ago, Kenny_m said:

I got the impression from the interview that Gabby won’t make it.

Think he said he was back running a couple of days ago, which means no chance. Given his injury record I wouldn't be risking him if there's any doubt, it's an important game but so are the other 35, can't afford to be missing him for chunks of the season.

2 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

Arbroath (our fellow relegation partners) would batter us at present and they’re 3-0 down…

You can’t have watched that first half and think Arbroath are better than us