Norway (a) - 17/6/23

PSJ.84

We’ve won six of our last seven competitive matches and the only outlier from that was a 0-0 draw against Ukraine which is exactly what we needed to win the UNL group. We’ve done very well to achieve the desired outcome seven times in a row after that horror show in Dublin. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

Yeah I’d definitely agree. Georgia should have been battered by Norway. How Norway have a single point is incredible given they’ve been the better team in all 3 games. 

Georgia’s recent results are massaged by being in both a very weak WC Qualifying group, and a terrible UNL Group C. 

I expect them to be more organised and better than Cyprus/Armenia, but not levels above that.

Watching the Cyprus game on Viaplay there, they have a bit about them up front and Kvartasheila clearly is a technically gifted player.  But defensively, they are dreadful and while I'd be obviously a bit wary about them in Tblisi, at home I don't think I saw anything for us to really fear.  Physically I reckon we have the edge and if we can get Hickey and Robertson bombing forward on Tuesday their full backs looked a bit suspect.

2 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I don’t follow this post?

Georgia were garbage tonight and managed to squeak past another garbage team. Did you watch the match?

Georgia will not finish above Norway. No chance. 

Well there's always a chance........

But tend to agree. I did watch it. Cyprus were the better side and should have won.

31 minutes ago, rollstar said:

Again, I could look it up, but wasn't there a statistic that from January to January, his Killie team were only about 4 points behind Celtic? I'm not sure any non-Glasgow team has got so many points over a calendar year since probably the Aberdeen 1991 team - correct me if I'm talking shite.

We won more points than any other club in 2018.

On 17/06/2023 at 20:56, Shandon Par said:

You met those South African barmen too eh?

It's not the guy from Atletico Mince, is it?

Edited by jagfox

31 minutes ago, rollstar said:

Again, I could look it up, but wasn't there a statistic that from January to January, his Killie team were only about 4 points behind Celtic? I'm not sure any non-Glasgow team has got so many points over a calendar year since probably the Aberdeen 1991 team - correct me if I'm talking shite.

From the January of the 5th finish season to the December of the season we finished 3rd, we topped the table for points. 

20 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I don’t follow this post?

Georgia were garbage tonight and managed to squeak past another garbage team. Did you watch the match?

Georgia will not finish above Norway. No chance. 

Norway are simply not very good. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them drop points against Cyprus. 

19 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

This table is just mad.

Screenshot_20230617_220430_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3fb6f129ada7355dbd3f467f6b39cc52.jpg

Imagine looking at this table just after the groups were drawn. Now we have a our toughest test yet, Georgia.

Georgia are in an artificially high position as the only side who hasn't had to play Scotland yet 

1 hour ago, ropy said:

£50 odd quid for a year subscription, it’s not the worst.

Not as bad as what sky wanted at least but I find it's a bit galling that England get their games on channel 4 and Wales get games for free viewing on S4c. Not sure how it is over in Ireland.

1 hour ago, killieboyd said:

And too think anyone from apart from Killie doubted him!!!

I was delighted we picked Clarke. I said for a while before he was appointed that Scotland needed to play like Livi or Killie at the time. Hard to break down, full of running and goals from all over the team. Obviously I was laughed at by fans of the "bigger" Scottish sides who reckon Scotland should be playing Brazilian style samba football but we have incredible form under Steve Clarke. It might not be the most pleasing on the eye style of football but it's effective and i'll happily take that every day