Norway (a) - 17/6/23

PSJ.84

4 minutes ago, NFL12 said:

Odegaards interview on Viaplay when he was asked how did Scotland play was like Rodri's interview after the Spain game.

Get it right fuckin up him.

Bitter EPL players interviews after being mcginned are delightful

Shows you we know f**k all about football. How many on here would have brought McLean and Armstrong on, changed to a back 4 and pushed McGinn up instead os punting on Nisbet and Shankland to try and nick something? Hats off to Clarke. A fucking tactical genius.

34 minutes ago, forameus said:

I was thinking that first goal was a bit of a sclaff, but even though the buildup was, that is actually a cracking wee finish from Dykes. 

Second one was absolutely brilliant. Hang that in whatever fucking whale carcass passes for a museum in Oslo.

The first goal, I was too busy screaming at Kenny McLean to look at the ball that I was baffled as to why the ball was rolling into the back of the net!

I haven't screamed with that level of abandon and ecstasy for ages. Even the Serbia game.

I thought we could have gotten a third if we wanted it too. They're not a one man team. They're a three man team. I thought Berge was fantastic, but when Haaland went off (and Gilmour back to being the player we know he is) we looked super comfy.

Bloody hell. I have no voice now. 

How often have we heard the defeatist commentary when Scottish teams have to play in the heat? That was a magnificent spell at the end. Turning the screw on Norway when they wanted to coast and having the clarity of thought to keep passing the ball to tee up Kenny. Just the thought of the travelling these guys had to do after such a long season made me feel knackered.

Total credit to their fitness and dedication to do that at the end. 

5 minutes ago, Joe Terrapin said:

Shows you we know f**k all about football. How many on here would have brought McLean and Armstrong on, changed to a back 4 and pushed McGinn up instead os punting on Nisbet and Shankland to try and nick something? Hats off to Clarke. A fucking tactical genius.

I would have defo changed to a back 4, pushed up McGann and brought on Armstrong and not brought on Shankland/Nisbet. I might have also brought on Patterson for Hickey.

Shame on me for leaving McLean on the bench.

16 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Doesn't look too bad? Unless he expanded?

Screenshot_20230617-195107.png

If you watch it live comes across different. Words sticking I  his throat sore of thing.

Edited by NFL12

25 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

That was a bounce at the pub that I've not seen in a while, it's incredible what a good national team result can do, Fantastic. 

If someone could quote me, and tell me what page the first goal happens at it'd be appreciated, would make the hangover tomorrow easier. Thank you, I hope you all have a fantastic night. 

Page 26 🍻

4 hours ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

I did. Could just feel it in my bones for the Spain game. Less confident tonight weirdly, score draw. I’m also less pished than I was for the Spain game. There might be a connection there. I May update this prediction in around 6 pints time.

I’ve been out for ‘a walk’ and I have changed my mind. Pretty sure we will 1-2 with 2 Latish goals. Anyway, I’m off to watch the game. Wish me luck!