Group D - The Famous Greenock Morton, R. County, Edinburgh, Kelty Hearts, Stranraer

15 hours ago, ClydeTon said:

Asking mainly for RC supporters who were at the end of the pitch in question, was the equaliser offside - as the linesman indicated at first - or not?

The linesman raised his flag but didn't actually draw it across which is the conventional signal of offside. I think there may have been another possible infringement - or he wasn't 100% sure so wanted clarification from the referee. The move and goal looked legitimate to me and I've no issue with how the officials reached that decision.

The arrogant refusal to actually count out ten yards on the other hand is a joke. It's mental that Scottish football now has shan VAR to award ridiculous penalties and penalise theoretical and minimal 'offside' passages of play, yet we do not have any basic system for marking out an objective distance for free-kicks. Get me a 10 yard 'metre stick' on every touchline, with the right to smack it off the face of any encroaching defender. 

That said the free-kick that was given for that was wrongly awarded (we had the advantage and made an arse of it - not grounds for calling it back) and we benefited from a fair number of soft decisions during the game too. Both teams were on the receiving of some questionable refereeing but it didn't really change the outcome of the game. 

Edited by vikingTON

1 hour ago, Shanner said:

where is best to park for Edinburgh City? (free or low cost preferred)

There's a max 4 hours shopping park (Sainsbury's) about 5-10 mins walk or on street parking around the back of the ground or the side streets if you can find a space.

It was a 4231 - with Murray in behind White. Randall and Allardice centre of the park. County were decent and probably should’ve had another 2-3 goals. Thought Jay Henderson was good again and Simon Murray looked really sharp. Edinburgh goal was a belter. 

My favourite moment of the match was spotting Kenny van der Weg in the stands watching on. What a hero.

On 27/07/2023 at 11:00, Rcfc fan said:

What a legend , wonder if he has another move lined up over here?

Seeing as he's currently playing in the 6th tier of Dutch football, I can't see it.