Group H - St. Mirren, Arbroath, Forfar, Montrose and Cowdenbeath.

The Angus group. Couple of derby games will be good, shame it was Cowden in the draw but be interesting to see what they're like. St Mirren away on a Saturday please, one of the Few grounds I've never been to, never made Love Street either.

1 hour ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

The Angus group. Couple of derby games will be good, shame it was Cowden in the draw but be interesting to see what they're like. St Mirren away on a Saturday please, one of the Few grounds I've never been to, never made Love Street either.

The icing on the cake would have been Brechin! Reminiscent of league 1 a few years back when all the Angus teams were in!

1 hour ago, CowdenMiners1204 said:

The icing on the cake would have been Brechin! Reminiscent of league 1 a few years back when all the Angus teams were in!

Aye, shame our record in derbies is absolutely horrendous over the last 20 years!

7 minutes ago, C_titz said:

Decent pre season fixtures 

Exactly and we should all make the most of it to prepare for the real stuff which follows. We all need a bit of a shape up before the league stuff starts. St.Mirren will look for no slip-ups in a group they should win but they will still be well prepared if needs be.

To me these groups are great because they are different from the places we go to in our league games. 

Very similar looking group to the one we choked last year, two of the same teams. 
I’m sure I said last season that anything other than winning the group would be a failure, not really thinking that we would have any problem winning the group. Not only did we not get through, we lost two of our first three games and were knocked out with a game to spare. 
Plenty room for improvement this time around. 

I’m planning on a trip to Montrose, nice journey on the train as it’s only just over an hour away from the new place in Fife.😀 Cowdenbeath is even closer at about 15 minutes so will head to that one as well.👍

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, barnseytheclaret said:

Still after the above information. Also, best pubs in Forfar relatively near the ground?

I've no idea how much they'll be charging but there's plenty of pubs in Forfar. It's not a big town and the high street is only a 5 or 10 minute walk from the ground.

The 10 Cafe Bar in the town centre is quite cool, and there's a few more traditional pubs scattered around.

On 27/06/2023 at 22:00, barnseytheclaret said:

Any ideas how much Forfar will be charging for their home games? Think we're going to be at the midweek Arbroath one towards the end of July.

Not been announced as far as I know. It's £14 for League games so would imagine will be similar unless some deal is done with all the clubs for a lesser amount.