Group H - St. Mirren, Arbroath, Forfar, Montrose and Cowdenbeath.

On 12/07/2023 at 18:27, Billy Jean King said:

I see Montrose website says ticket only for away fans and ground will be segregated. Saints website has the following  😜🤪😜

Screenshot_20230712-182539_Chrome.jpg

Our website is a little misleading but there is segregation and there’s also a cash gate for St. Mirren fans 

IMG_8330.png

Absolutely buzzing after that. 

To quote on St Mirren fan after the game "how shite are we". Well as bad as the might have been Montrose were awesome and defended like trojans. Their defence struggled with the pace and strength of Hester and simple balls over the top were causing all sorts of trouble. 

Sooo happy rn. 

13 minutes ago, stimpy said:

Absolutely buzzing after that. 

To quote on St Mirren fan after the game "how shite are we". Well as bad as the might have been Montrose were awesome and defended like trojans. Their defence struggled with the pace and strength of Hester and simple balls over the top were causing all sorts of trouble. 

Sooo happy rn. 

Congratulations Bud, thoroughly deserved to win, hope you enjoy your night 🍻

5 minutes ago, broomiesniper said:

Couldn’t fault a single Montrose player today, looked tidy at times and defended for their lives at time

Feared the worst when Steeves went off injured but the change of shape worked really well 

Great result for you today. How did your new goalie Cammy Gill do today, many saves to make?

Thought the Mo gave a decent account of themselves this afternoon.

Really solid defending. I don't think Dillo put a foot wrong. The SP method of team-building by evolution certainly gives us an advantage early on in the season. Saint Mirren squandered a load of chances. They put us under more pressure in the second half. I know it was windy and this was a factor but I was surprised how often the ball went out of play. Perhaps Saint Mirren weren't used to playing on a narrow pitch. It seemed less of a problem for them in the second half but this could have been due to the change of end and the wind direction.

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

Interesting result that for the group. We need to concentrate on beating Cowden on Wednesday and then look ahead. One game at a time as they say 

Definitely wouldn't underestimate cowdenbeath too much, better than expected against us today and they have a lot of energy about them and pressed us high up the pitch.

Edited by ScottishLoon

On 16/07/2023 at 00:21, Dirty Sanchez said:

There's brilliant sight lines from that stand at Montrose. I'd happily watch my football from a vantage point like that every week.

Good to finally see a game there. I'd previously only peeked over the wall years ago. I can claim it proper now.

Thanks very much, we like it..... Trouble with the stand is it's freezing on even a sunny day, so a lot of people choose the ground level slightly less freezing sunlit areas! Still not warm tho!

Looking forward to this! Be a much stronger Montrose team on show than last time when we played them in a friendly.

I was impressed with Forfar that night and think could/should have a good season this time around.

As for the Mo time to unleash Rory and Kane....⚽⚽⚽

18 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Looking forward to this! Be a much stronger Montrose team on show than last time when we played them in a friendly.

I was impressed with Forfar that night and think could/should have a good season this time around.

As for the Mo time to unleash Rory and Kane....⚽⚽⚽

I can't lie It looks a hard frontline to keep a clean sheet against.

That being said we're playing really well right now and should of had about 5 against cowdenbeath so should be a tasty match.

Edited by ScottishLoon