League Cup Group E - Dundee, ICT, Airdrie, Dumbarton and Bonnyrigg

2 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

I see everyone's buzzing for the games this weekend...

Sarcastic Season 9 GIF by The Office

I couldn't give a shite about this cup but I do think the Airdrie vs Dumbarton game could be a good watch tomorrow. Airdrie seemed to carry out their attacking style well last season and our gaffer is saying we won't be changing from our high pressing 4-3-3 which we've been using in preseason. Nobody really knows how our style is going to play out, it could result in a high scoring game going either way, or a complete bum shagging for us as reality smacks Stevie Farrell in the face. 

16 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

As in Who Gives a f**k?

14 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Aye, nobody cares about the League Cup. It’s fairly small time imo. 

^^ Shitting it because you’re in the same group as Dundee, IMO.  

1 hour ago, The Master said:

^^ Shitting it because you’re in the same group as Dundee, IMO.  

A pound to a pinch of shite that Dundee are relegated again this coming season.

Will that be four times in twelve years relegated from the same league?

A wee bit embarrassing?

18 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I couldn't give a shite about this cup but I do think the Airdrie vs Dumbarton game could be a good watch tomorrow. Airdrie seemed to carry out their attacking style well last season and our gaffer is saying we won't be changing from our high pressing 4-3-3 which we've been using in preseason. Nobody really knows how our style is going to play out, it could result in a high scoring game going either way, or a complete bum shagging for us as reality smacks Stevie Farrell in the face. 

I have the fear we could get a real pumping. Airdrie were one of the best side's in the country going forward last season. But I also think we're going to really go for it, which is an approach I'm quite happy with. Even if it results in a pumping.

These games are an extension of pre-season as far as I'm concerned. A sort of hybrid between competitive and non-competitive football. But I also know what the reaction will be like on social media if we get a bit of a tanking, and I can't really be arsed with it. There were folk losing their minds when we lost the kick-about with Hebburn a fortnight ago :lol:

The Bonnyrigg game interests me given they are representative of the standard we'll face in the league. The other three games? Meh. Airdrie have beaten us loads in recent years, we've only beaten ICT once ever and Dundee seemed to be the only team we couldn't beat when both clubs were in the Championship together. History (and league placings) suggest we'll lose all three. So anything at all will be a bonus, but I'll be happy with three decent performances.

35 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

How have we lined up, I’m assuming its like this? 

Mackay 

Carson Duffy Delaney Nicolson

Gilmour Mcgregor

Brooks          Doran         Shaw

Samuels

It’s Shaw     Doran       Samuels

Brooks

5 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

A pound to a pinch of shite that Dundee are relegated again this coming season.

Will that be four times in twelve years relegated from the same league?

A wee bit embarrassing?

Have to be in it to get relegated from it.

1 minute ago, SandyCromarty said:

Doncha just know it, Bouncy Bouncy.

Chin up, chest out enjoy your season.

The 'Bouncy' is what you lot will be doing in your staunch kits.

We plan to enjoy. We will give you a full run down of what it's like in the top league once we return to the Championship, as I'm sure you'll have forgotten.

15 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I'm a bit disappointed at Sons losing in the closing four minutes at Airdrie, but unless the Diamonds were pretty cack that sounds like a reasonable performance considering today's absentees.

Can't even bring myself to gloat D.  Still can't get my head round football starting while Wimbers is still on!