US Presidential Election 2024

scottsdad

7 hours ago, BFTD said:

I still have no idea why Hawk Tuah Girl was such a big deal. The Americans are weird.

As evidenced by their love of chocolate that tastes like cheese*

*no offence @Cheese

11 hours ago, BFTD said:

I still have no idea why Hawk Tuah Girl was such a big deal. The Americans are weird.

Wid

4 hours ago, A Diamond For Me said:

She'll be president of what's left of the place in twenty years or so.

One can only hope…she’s gone from being a spring factory worker, living with grandma, never having driven on a motorway never having flown anywhere to controlling a media business. She has had the intelligence to hire experts to advise her, and is capitalizing on her (temporary) fame to sock away a nest-egg. She is literally the American dream…yep, in more ways than one.

On 28/08/2024 at 11:45, MazzyStar said:

If you live in the US the only “moral” thing to do is not vote. 

How would it be "moral" to allow a Fascist Dictator into power and let's face it, you lot hand to hand fighting conscripted Russians over Cowdenbeath?

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

I still find it staggering that Trump could have a lead anywhere. But then again, I said the same thing about Boris Johnston. 
 People can be f**king mental.

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Victory really does seem to be as simple as keeping her mouth shut and looking presidential.

The Starmer route to victory.

Edit:

3 minutes ago, Ooooft. said:

I still find it staggering that Trump could have a lead anywhere. But then again, I said the same thing about Boris Johnston. 
 People can be f**king mental.

...and then the Tories went, "thought Johnson was a mental PM? Hold my beer!"

I don't think the public get a pass over Liz Truss either, as I'm 99% sure she'd have won a general election before actually getting starting in the job and utterly destroying her own party.

Edited by BFTD

16 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Victory really does seem to be as simple as keeping her mouth shut and looking presidential.

The Starmer route to victory.

Scandal incoming as some conservative sleuths have found that Harris doesn't list a high school summer job at McDicks on her CV. 

Almost as big a bombshell as the one from the other day when it was revealed Tim Walz talked to one of his dug's pals. 

12 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Scandal incoming as some conservative sleuths have found that Harris doesn't list a high school summer job at McDicks on her CV. 

Almost as big a bombshell as the one from the other day when it was revealed Tim Walz talked to one of his dug's pals. 

You know your dirt-digging is going well when you announce to the world that your target might not have included McDonalds on their graduate CV for their first big-boy job. I'm sure flipping burgers would've made all the difference to an employer when applying for legal work.

That would sound even stupider in America, considering their resumes are substantially shorter than a CV in the UK - one side of paper. You really do just include anything directly pertinent to the job you're applying for. They (quite fairly) find it really funny that we include stuff like personal interests on ours.

Trump’s campaign adviser Steven Cheung seems exactly like the sort of arsehole Trump would hire.

Claims that the Arlington Cemetery staff member who tried to stop Trump using the cemetery for political purposes (against Federal rules) was suffering a ‘mental health episode’.

He also looks incredibly weird.

1 hour ago, CTQP1867 said:

How would it be "moral" to allow a Fascist Dictator into power and let's face it, you lot hand to hand fighting conscripted Russians over Cowdenbeath?

America is already a fascist country pal, has been for as long as fascism has existed. I don’t think anybody will be fighting over Cowdenbeath anytime soon. 

We should all start feeding Trump shite about Cowdenbeath being the UK's centre for Islamism/Communism/jism/Wokeism.

They don't seem to have much of a problem spouting pish about Birmingham and London being no-go areas for good proper normal BRITTISH! people, so if we all work together, we can insert Cowdenbeath into the American elections. Imagine how he'd mangle the pronunciation.

(Weid pronounciation) Cowdenbeath folks (even weirder pronunciation) Cowdenbeeeth. It's sad, (melancholic voice) very sad.

They tell me they have 6 fingers on each hand (looks at own hand like it's the first time he's seen it). I don't know about that, but many people are saying this.

3 hours ago, BFTD said:

I don't think the public get a pass over Liz Truss either, as I'm 99% sure she'd have won a general election before actually getting starting in the job and utterly destroying her own party.

I'm not so sure. She was about 100 times more wooden and weird than the very wooden and weird Theresa May, who lost her majority when she went to the public.

Just now, houston_bud said:

I'm not so sure. She was about 100 times more wooden and weird than the very wooden and weird Theresa May, who lost her majority when she went to the public.

Mmm...we'd had May in charge for about a year by then, I think. Folk had plenty of time to realise she wasn't going to be very good at the job. Even then, while it was hilarious how she f**ked that election, she didn't lose many seats.

Truss was already a laughing stock by the time she was chosen to be Prime Minister, but so was Boris Johnson. I suppose you can't blame the men in suits for thinking that obviously incompetent weirdos might be the flavour of the month with the electorate.

2 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Mmm...we'd had May in charge for about a year by then, I think. Folk had plenty of time to realise she wasn't going to be very good at the job. Even then, while it was hilarious how she f**ked that election, she didn't lose many seats.

Truss was already a laughing stock by the time she was chosen to be Prime Minister, but so was Boris Johnson. I suppose you can't blame the men in suits for thinking that obviously incompetent weirdos might be the flavour of the month with the electorate.

Maybe, but Johnson was a General Melchett type incompetent weirdo who the English have a mad hardon for tugging their forelocks at. Truss was more like a Baldrick who couldn’t quite believe he’d gotten a chance to give his cunning plan a go, albeit we’ll never know if one of Baldrick’s would have gone any worse. 

11 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Fair points. I guess it's one of these unknowable things. I'd say it was the election campaign that really did for May though, and I think similar might have happened to Truss. But who knows? Thankfully we're well shot of her now.

8 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Maybe, but Johnson was a General Melchett type incompetent weirdo who the English have a mad hardon for tugging their forelocks at. Truss was more like a Baldrick who couldn’t quite believe he’d gotten a chance to give his cunning plan a go, albeit we’ll never know if one of Baldrick’s would have gone any worse. 

Nice.

But who is Blackadder in this metaphor?

1 hour ago, houston_bud said:

Fair points. I guess it's one of these unknowable things. I'd say it was the election campaign that really did for May though, and I think similar might have happened to Truss. But who knows? Thankfully we're well shot of her now.

Ba.  She has written a book "Ten Years to save the West".  I haven't got it but I have 2034 pencilled in to see her amazing comeback.  Playing the long game.  That is her plan!