US Presidential Election 2024

scottsdad

10 hours ago, velo army said:

Gangs of New York was about white on white crime, so it's an interesting film to use as an analogy. 

I can only assume he had turned away from the screen in order to f**k his couch and missed the whole thing.

IIRC one of the gangs was Irish.  Is Vance going to deport everyone of Irish heritage? He's gonna need a hell of a size of a boat.  Either that or a wall up the Atlantic?

🙂

Edited by Salt n Vinegar

This is the denial of reality thing again, isn't it.

We've literally got sworn first-hand testimony that the man has a wee button mushroom cock, and the evidence of our own eyes that he's obese and elderly. Yet his followers see him with the physique of Superman and produce dreadful sex toys in his image.

18 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

O32sgHsTQCO9aUJMEOFN0Cv-WDQ=.gif

A slight diversion - that brought back a fond memory, but disappointingly the videos (and there was at least 2) of Douglas Ross saying ‘Mike Oxmells’ have disappeared from YouTube. As have all the tweets regarding the incident this article is linking to - and there looks to be about 5 or 6 of those - https://www.indy100.com/news/douglas-ross-facebook-live-stream-twitter-b1822181

Now that Dougie’s lost one of his jobs, has he found the time to go cliping to social media companies? 

What's happening is that the editorial team at Washington Post promote views amenable to the interests of the outlet's owner, Jeff Bezos, the world's second wealthiest individual.

Washington Consensus economists coming out the woodwork too.

Yet Harris is correct and I hope she sticks to her guns.

These economic policies also make sense as election strategy. One of the reasons Clinton lost to Trump was she didn't counter his economic populism. This time Harris is the economic populist and Trump is the Clinton.

2 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

62% of Americans own stock compared to 12% Brits. A lot of folk invest in these shameless companies that put excessive profit over people as they are seen as good long term low risk companies. 

That’s including stocks held by their investment accounts and private pensions tho. If you told me Nestle or Purdue Pharmaceuticals going under was going to make me take a 5% hit on my portfolio I wouldn’t give a shit, get them deaded. (Although inevitably they’d only be replaced by a bigger evil conglomerate of the two that would put the opioids straight into the bottled water and then deny all knowledge). 

7 hours ago, Freedom Farter said:

What's happening is that the editorial team at Washington Post promote views amenable to the interests of the outlet's owner, Jeff Bezos, the world's second wealthiest individual.

Washington Consensus economists coming out the woodwork too.

Yet Harris is correct and I hope she sticks to her guns.

These economic policies also make sense as election strategy. One of the reasons Clinton lost to Trump was she didn't counter his economic populism. This time Harris is the economic populist and Trump is the Clinton.

The zealots are arseholes welded to the idea that market failure isn't possible.

The reality is that market failure is endemic and governments have a role to stop monopoly/oligopoly abuse.

Democrat leaning pro-Palestine supporters have an unpalatable choice to make at this election.  Do they only support Harris -Walz if the pair take a more critical stance on Israel?  If so they risk the election of a man who will be far more willing to excuse the atrocities and will support whatever Israel and its Prime Minister wants to do.

After the election there’s the possibility of Harris being tougher on Israel.  Undoubtedly a slim possibility and probably not tough enough, but there’s zero chance of Trump being anything less that fully supportive of Netanyahu.

9 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

62% of Americans own stock compared to 12% Brits. A lot of folk invest in these shameless companies that put excessive profit over people as they are seen as good long term low risk companies. 

Surely if you are in. workplace pension in the UK then you are invested in whatever those that run that pension decide. 

80% of working Brits have a workplace pension. 

Edited by bigmarv

12 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

62% of Americans own stock compared to 12% Brits.

50% of the stocks owned by Americans are owned by the top 1%. The total value of these stocks is $21 Trillion.

The top 10% owns 87% of stocks. The total value is $37 Trillion.

The bottom 50% of Americans own 1% of the stocks. The total value of those stocks is $437 Million.

6 minutes ago, HTG said:

I thought Alex Jones was getting the jail.

Not yet. Beak in the Sandy Hook judgement made it clear to him that if he gets caught squirreling out assets that should be liquidated to pay the parents she’ll launch a criminal trial on him, but said liquidation seems to be taking quite some time. 

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

50% of the stocks owned by Americans are owned by the top 1%. The total value of these stocks is $21 Trillion.

The top 10% owns 87% of stocks. The total value is $37 Trillion.

The bottom 50% of Americans own 1% of the stocks. The total value of those stocks is $437 Million.

My family must be top 10% as they have made a stack on the markets and bought houses for everyone of their family members. If you have read on here about my US family you'll appreciate they're so far down the rabbit hole you can see lettuce getting digested.