US Presidential Election 2024

scottsdad

16 hours ago, bigmarv said:

Convicted criminal, adjudicated rapist, fraudster (settled out of court on multiple occasions) and twice impeached bloke would never stoop so low. 

You forgot peadohpile (why do Americans spell that differently) and incest dabbler. Also coward  thief, insurrectionist, liar, fragile and, by the definition of their laws, traitor.

I wonder if folk in the US realise how f**king mental these political conventions they've been having are to much of the rest of the world?

The Republican party are clearly worse and more dangerous, but the Democrat party are f**king awful as well. They (the Democrats) are very right wing but the US has become so dreadfully right that they are the equivalent of a more central political party. They're still in charge of dreadful, harmful measures that f**k the average citizen, and are still warmongering p***ks.

Folk standing and cheering and whooping for arsehole politicians is so f**king weird. 

20 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

You forgot peadohpile (why do Americans spell that differently) and incest dabbler. Also coward  thief, insurrectionist, liar, fragile and, by the definition of their laws, traitor.

Agreed.

We (Americans :) ) spell it differently because the way you spell it quite frankly unnecessary. 

Oh, and isn’t it “paedo..” over der? ;) 

6 minutes ago, bigmarv said:

Agreed.

We (Americans :) ) spell it differently because the way you spell it quite frankly unnecessary. 

Oh, and isn’t it “paedo..” over der? ;) 

Ah yes, so it is. I have misspelled it. Like Americans do...

51 minutes ago, bigmarv said:

We have never seen the cult like madness that these crackpots have for Trump. 

An obese 78yo, thats our guy? Ffs 

Cult of personality is rife in (US) politics. Trump is just 1 side of a coin and his weight and age aren't really relevant here. For every person who is exasperated that his supporters can't see Trump for who he really is, there's another who can't understand the Liberal fawning over say, Obama.

'Trump' 'Obama' 'Hillary' 'Kamala' 'Boris' 'Nicola'

It's all just weird parasocial relationships and the projection of individual wants and desires onto figureheads.

'She's just like me'

'He understands me'

5 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Cult of personality is rife in (US) politics. Trump is just 1 side of a coin and his weight and age aren't really relevant here. For every person who is exasperated that his supporters can't see Trump for who he really is, there's another who can't understand the Liberal fawning over say, Obama.

It's all just weird parasocial relationships and the projection of individual wants and desires onto figureheads.

'She's just like me'

'He understands me'

Poor Douglas Ross, ignored again.

10 minutes ago, Cheese said:

'She's just like me'

'He understands me'

100%. When Obama was drone striking weddings and school buses, my sister was one of the ones putting up those 'Hope' posters of him in her living room.

3 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Poor Douglas Ross, ignored again.

I think you have to have an actually personality before you develop a cult around it.

Although it would have been quite funny to see all the auld dears turn up at the Scottish Tory conference dressed in linesmans outfits.

6 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

100%. When Obama was drone striking weddings and school buses, my sister was one of the ones putting up those 'Hope' posters of him in her living room.

My favourite "this guy isn't what you think he is" moment for Obama was when Filnt, MI had their water sold off by corrupt officials for private profit and tens of thousands of people were being fed drinking water laced with lead and other toxins as a replacement. Major humanitarian crisis, to the point that the President felt the need to show his face, only to do a performative comedy skit about how the water was fine and he was happy to drink it  <_<

Also, it turns out his middle name is Hussein, which makes him a dirty foreign Arab, which I'd never have known about if it wasn't for stable genius Donald J. Drumpf dog whistling it at every opportunity.

1 hour ago, bigmarv said:

The GOP would have wiped the floor with Haley as the nominee

The MAGA base and the Republican base are not the same, although there's clearly substantial overlap. The Rs only have a chance of winning with Trump as the nominee and Trump can only win if he stands as a Republican. Haley would have seen a Democrat landslide, even with Biden standing. In my opinion, obvs.

26 minutes ago, Cheese said:

'She's just like me'

'He understands me'

My mention of his age and weight was simply to point out the mental approach of lumping everything on an individual who will most likely not be around for very much longer. 

I agree with the cult stuff being endemic, the Sturgeon stuff in Scotland was bonkers. The Obama posters, all that. We are in an age of social media and memes, its grim as fukk. 

However, storming about with fanny pads on your ear or wearing nappies or the trump dildos a few pages back? That’s a new level mate.  

16 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

The Obungler was the ultimate fraud.

A master of marketing abstract Hope and Virtue in place of any actual or substantive change.

3 minutes ago, Alan Twelve said:

The MAGA base and the Republican base are not the same, although there's clearly substantial overlap. The Rs only have a chance of winning with Trump as the nominee and Trump can only win if he stands as a Republican. Haley would have seen a Democrat landslide, even with Biden standing. In my opinion, obvs.

Biden would have beaten Haley? Is that what you’re saying here? 

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

The Obungler was the ultimate fraud.

A master of marketing abstract Hope and Virtue in place of any actual or substantive change.

TBF, actual Jesus could come down and become US president, and He'd still struggle to get anything done. Frankly, He'd be assassinated (again) for being too un-Christian. Don't try it, @johnnydun.

Doesn't really excuse being a flippant w**k who clearly considered anyone on lower incomes to be acceptable as collateral damage (Obama, not Jesus).

15 minutes ago, bigmarv said:

Biden would have beaten Haley? Is that what you’re saying here? 

Probably. Haley uses bigger words than the MAGA crowd generally like dealing with and even if she managed to distil it down into ‘Turn Tehran into glass’, they don’t know where Tehran is. 

19 minutes ago, bigmarv said:

However, storming about with fanny pads on your ear or wearing nappies or the trump dildos a few pages back? That’s a new level mate.  

It's just two sides of the same coin. You just find one side a lot weirder than the other (which tbf it often is)

Screenshot_20240823_132651_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b508b2a94cfa1f18e87d491b149ac1d4.jpg

The Dark Biden' stuff alongside the related merchandise is another example of this.

And this, which is very cult like.

TBF, that looks a lot more entertaining than turning up to listen to a bunch of very dull people read off, "uhh...yeah, we voted for the only option, I guess?"

Just look at all those clenched anuses trying to pretend they're having a great time  :lol:

Anyway, the Project 2025 stuff must be coming up a lot in internal polling as there's an air of panic around this.

20240823_135414.thumb.jpg.eb4cc72134ab2c38c08e3c7e263c6233.jpg