US Presidential Election 2024

scottsdad

34 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

They have an incredibly weird view on it. I’ve seen more than a few slag off the NHS and how bad it is, when they don’t seem to recognised that having kids can bankrupt them.

I had loads of illnesses and ops in the past 2 years. I worked out that if I was in the US, it would have cost me $60k plus, ongoing medicine costs which would be $561 every month. It’s utterly mad, I didn’t pay a penny on the NHS. 

Some Americans involved in an accident will refuse a ride in an ambulance because they can't afford it.

It could cost $500 or even $1,000.

2 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Some Americans involved in an accident will refuse a ride in an ambulance because they can't afford it.

It could cost $500 or even $1,000.

We had to get one a couple of months ago and it was $2300 to the City of Chicago, but the insurance picked up $2148 of it. 

ETA - I'm aware now I've mentioned insurance a few times - for ref ours is about $15k pa with my wife's work paying $9k and us paying $6k. There's still the odd charge out of pocket tho - a recent hospital stay was $800 over and above that, prescriptions will be $5 - $35, that sort of stuff. You really don't want this in Blighty. 

Edited by carpetmonster

3 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

We had to get one a couple of months ago and it was $2300 to the City of Chicago, but the insurance picked up $2148 of it. 

ETA - I'm aware now I've mentioned insurance a few times - for ref ours is about $15k pa with my wife's work paying $9k and us paying $6k. There's still the odd charge out of pocket tho - a recent hospital stay was $800 over and above that, prescriptions will be $5 - $35, that sort of stuff. You really don't want this in Blighty. 

Not bad. One of my kid's meds is, with coverage, $1,200 a month (sticker price is $15,000/month), and another is $650 a month. However, if you do a little leg work and get a "co-pay card", with coverage those dropped to $0 and $0*.

*Second zero was only because the kid turned 18, until then it was $650 a month because the assistance plan didn't extend to under 18's. Thankfully the kid can be on my coverage till 26, but then, who knows. Under the NHS, that "$15,000/month" medication is being paid for at less than nine hundred quid a month, and is, of course, free to the patient).

Harris scored big with the drug stuff ($2,000 cap to those on medicare and $35 a dose insulin), the price of insulin have been insane recently...and people NEED  that to live.

Yeah, I was going to say that my ex-wife's kidneys started to fail, with the accompanying pain that goes with it, when we were in the US back at the turn of the century. We had no transport, but she begged me to phone one of her family members to leave work and come over to drive us to the hospital as an ambulance would've cost $500. Considering that was almost 25 years ago, I'm guessing it's a lot more than that now.

7 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

I didn't quite get the reference at first but RFK Road kill search did the trick. Wow, he's sum boi.

It's once you start learning the fact his voice being a ringer for Zed off Police Academy is one of the least weird things about him is when shit starts getting scary. 

Edited by carpetmonster

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

She's leaving herself open to, "why did we walk away from Afghanistan?" but I don't know if he has the brains to pick up on it.

Edit: ooh, nice. Hey Polish Americans - get a load of this c**t who would abandon your homeland to Russia!

I liked that bit too - and the fact she specifically mentioned 800k Poles in PA - Illinois likely has more but Illinois announces that it's gone blue about 4 picoseconds after the polls close. 

4 hours ago, BFTD said:

It's absolutely wild that he's going on national television and repeating his fantasy about evil Dems killing babies.

It's even more wild that 8 years later he is still peddling this garbage along with all of his other utter nonsense. He just regurgitates the same material over and over in his safe space of his rallies and crowds cheer (or not as the case has been recently). Proper old man yelling at clouds stuff.

3 hours ago, TxRover said:

Some unscientific polls from several Republican states seem to be running Trump won 43% and Harris won 52%. Not a good sign for Donnie.

The 43% who thought he won that must either have not watched or as unhinged as the orange man-child.

That genuinely has to go down as one of the worst performances ever in a US Presidential debate. 

The Democrats strategy of let Trump hang himself is definitely the way to go.