US Presidential Election 2024

scottsdad

24 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I despise vox pops and think any respectable media organisation should avoid them.

Asking an unrepresentative sample of people their views on anything then presenting it as ‘news’ is lazy and poor journalism.

It always amounts to "we've been sent out to find people with the views our editor is looking for" or "here's a person from one side, someone who's on the fence, and we've also managed to track down the one loon in town who agrees that there should be a charge levied on breathing". Presenting it as representative views is disingenuous at best.

15 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Looking back it's hard not to see the huge importance the strategists like Bannon had. God knows what goons he has behind the scenes these days, Marjorie Taylor Greene and sone terminally online crypto boys in red hats I guess, but the difference is telling.

Taylor Greene's been discarded at the roadside for the bin lorries. There's some new fascist harpy that he's carting about with him who's the variety of racist who says, "I'm going to call every black person a n*gger because the rappers use that word in their music, then lose my mind because everyone realises I'm a racist".

They've had a massive fight and the new Trump groupie is screeching about how Taylor Greene puts it about. Most entertaining when the most awful people turn on each other.

4 minutes ago, ScotiaNostra said:

I dont know why but I have a feeling that Harris will lose that I just cant get rid of. (I wish I could) No matter how well she did in debate or how good the polls look at times 

Same. Hopefully not.

I've got a dread feeling that the polls won't shift much, but there'll be a story comes out about how Harris didn't tip at a restaurant once and it'll be enough of a scandal in people's minds that there'll be a swing to Trump. We're just an awful, awful species.

Remember when Taylor Greene marched into a televised committee meeting with pictures of Biden's son shagging prostitutes?  :lol:

Oh dear, so sad.

2 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Television is a powerful propaganda tool, and I was pretty alarmed by a vox pop the BBC did in a town in the Michigan rustbelt.

The people interviewed weren't simpletons but they applied a simple logic, one that placed their trust in Trump's populism basically because they felt they had very little to lose. 

There are plenty of American voters who are existing very far from The Dream but the are sure well capable of delivering the Electoral Nightmare, something we sophisticated P & B savants should maybe consider.

ITN did a similar piece, watching the debate with some women in Pennsylvania. The consensus was Trump's performance was terrible but they're still voting for him 🫤

13 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

ITN did a similar piece, watching the debate with some women in Pennsylvania. The consensus was Trump's performance was terrible but they're still voting for him 🫤

Murica...if it was pol pot v Hitler 40% would deffo vote for whoever was on the blue or red side ...it's the swing voters you have to persuade 

22 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Another major faux pas here.

Well it would be if they did. This is a load of shite though. 

According to NBC, "Biden, Harris, Trump and Vance stayed at the service, which began at 8:30 a.m. ET, for more than an hour before departing."

Then, "Harris and Biden later traveled to Shanksville, Pennsylvania, home of the Flight 93 memorial, and participated in a wreath-laying ceremony at the site. Trump visited the site about 90 minutes later."

Pretty much any account with a MAGA hat in the profile is going to be populated by utter shite and lies. 

18 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

The mad Morrissey lover getting his news from mad trumpy types on twitter will come as no surprise 

I really wish people would stop implying Biggie's a big mad fascist just because he likes Morrissey, Tommy Robinson, Katie Hopkins, the Trumpster, Lozza Fox, and a bunch of far-right conspiracy accounts.

They probably talk about a lot of other stuff too. Perhaps investment opportunities, considering they've all got plenty of dough somehow.

1 hour ago, carpetmonster said:

Laura Loomer's traveling with him just now, if that tells you anything. 

Ha. Was wondering why her name was appearing more in the feed.

Telling my grandkids this was Jigsaw from the Saw films.

20240912_162444.jpg.bdb4b41326bf8ec2fa8772441c489326.jpg

9 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Ha. Was wondering why her name was appearing more in the feed.

Telling my grandkids this was Jigsaw from the Saw films.

20240912_162444.jpg.bdb4b41326bf8ec2fa8772441c489326.jpg

Nah, she's a dug who swallowed a bee, except the bee was magic and turned the dug human when it stung her

Bee Dog Dog Bee GIF - Bee Dog Dog Bee Dogs - Discover & Share GIFs

38 minutes ago, HTG said:

Well it would be if they did. This is a load of shite though. 

According to NBC, "Biden, Harris, Trump and Vance stayed at the service, which began at 8:30 a.m. ET, for more than an hour before departing."

Then, "Harris and Biden later traveled to Shanksville, Pennsylvania, home of the Flight 93 memorial, and participated in a wreath-laying ceremony at the site. Trump visited the site about 90 minutes later."

Pretty much any account with a MAGA hat in the profile is going to be populated by utter shite and lies. 

Yeah, a load of shite, even though you can clearly see the pair of them walking out, while a relative of a victim speaks.

f**k me.

2 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Yeah, a load of shite, even though you can clearly see the pair of them walking out, while a relative of a victim speaks.

f**k me.

Aye, because you definitely get the entire context of what's happening from that very short clip. So the fact that NBC said they, along with Trump and Vance, left after an hour means nothing to you. Crack on - wired to the f**king moon.

53 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

The mad Morrissey lover getting his news from mad trumpy types on twitter will come as no surprise 

26 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I really wish people would stop implying Biggie's a big mad fascist just because he likes Morrissey, Tommy Robinson, Katie Hopkins, the Trumpster, Lozza Fox, and a bunch of far-right conspiracy accounts.

They probably talk about a lot of other stuff too. Perhaps investment opportunities, considering they've all got plenty of dough somehow.

The mods gave me a warning point for calling him a racist/facist a few weeks ago (not even joking), watch yourself.

1 minute ago, HTG said:

Aye, because you definitely get the entire context of what's happening from that very short clip. So the fact that NBC said they, along with Trump and Vance, left after an hour means nothing to you. Crack on - wired to the f**king moon.

That's my opinion of you as well, what a coincidence.

Thank you.

1 minute ago, Jives Miguel said:

The mods gave me a warning point for calling him a racist/facist a few weeks ago (not even joking), watch yourself.

Good, should've been banned for your own mental health though, after your vile abuse.

Thank you.