US Presidential Election 2024

scottsdad

Walking down a busy street earlier and just randomly burst out laughing when the "Joe, you did such a great job, you answered every question, you knew all the facts" line popped into my head. Imagine it will happen a few more times over the coming days. Outstanding stuff. 

Watched the debate earlier.  Utterly wild that one of these 2 people will be President again.  Biden from the moment he shuffled on just looked like he wasn't there mentally. I think it was a bad night for him as he normally isn't that bad but that has the potential to turn voters against him.

Trump though? Jesus Christ.  The man must have said 4 lies for every truth.  A competent opponent would have torn him to shreds. Can't wait for him to win, pardon all the Jan 6th folk and stop the war in Ukraine.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

This is the Politics sub-forum of the General Nonsense section of Scottish football website. It's not the General Assembly of the UN. 

It says a lot about this sub-forum though that you thought such a laughably sanctimonius rap lecture was wise to post, rather than making you sound fucking demented.

As Denis Healey memorably said, it's like being savaged by a deid sheep.  And please learn how to spell sanctimonious chum.

Just watched the highlights. Lol.

I don't think Biden's lost his mind, as seems to be the popular opinion, but he looks so very frail and struggles to make himself clear. Even if he's capable of making sound decisions, he clearly doesn't have anyone willing to be honest about how he appears to other people.

Trump was remarkably muted. I wonder if he had a "ghost of Christmas future" moment and realised this was coming for him soon. He's the type who'll never have considered his own mortality.

3 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Just watched the highlights. Lol.

I don't think Biden's lost his mind, as seems to be the popular opinion, but he looks so very frail and struggles to make himself clear. Even if he's capable of making sound decisions, he clearly doesn't have anyone willing to be honest about how he appears to other people.

Trump was remarkably muted. I wonder if he had a "ghost of Christmas future" moment and realised this was coming for him soon. He's the type who'll never have considered his own mortality.

He actually looked really uncomfortable watching Biden rambling (or rather mumbling) on.

Clinton is probably the only person in the democrats that Trump could get more of a landslide over than Biden right now.

The whole thing is begging for some centrist dad that’s independent of either party to sweep through the middle and oust both of them like Macron did in France. 

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:

He actually looked really uncomfortable watching Biden rambling (or rather mumbling) on.

Aye, that really surprised me. He wasn't acting concerned, as he's a psychopath who isn't capable of such an emotion, and he has no respect for anyone else - he'd normally be delighted by such vulnerability. I wonder if the elderly in general give him the willies.

43 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

Covering all the big issues.

I loved how "when I was vice-president, I got my handicap down to 6" was a brag anybody would be willing to make in front of their employers.

If these c***s can spend so much of their time playing golf - and I believe The Donald set a new record there - why even bother having a president?

1 hour ago, JS_FFC said:

Clinton is probably the only person in the democrats that Trump could get more of a landslide over than Biden right now.

The whole thing is begging for some centrist dad that’s independent of either party to sweep through the middle and oust both of them like Macron did in France. 

Obama return? 

9 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Obama return? 

They were trying to get Michelle to run for a while, weren't they.

There's no way they'll replace him. The whole party would look like a totally clueless clusterfuck, which would be more embarrassing to them than actually losing. I also can't see the American public being terribly impressed by the party suddenly hooking Biden and expecting them to vote for someone else at (by their standards) the last minute. They've made their bed.

27 minutes ago, BFTD said:

They were trying to get Michelle to run for a while, weren't they.

There's no way they'll replace him. The whole party would look like a totally clueless clusterfuck, which would be more embarrassing to them than actually losing. I also can't see the American public being terribly impressed by the party suddenly hooking Biden and expecting them to vote for someone else at (by their standards) the last minute. They've made their bed.

He might pass away, naturally or otherwise.  Stranger things have happened in the States.