US Presidential Election 2024

scottsdad

2 minutes ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

Reuters on what's known about Thomas Crooks:

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/heres-what-we-know-about-thomas-matthew-crooks-suspected-trump-rally-shooter-2024-07-14/

Lots of folk saying that there would have been a civil war if Trump was assassinated. 😬 I know Reagan was shot, but I don't think America has ever been so divided. Surely both candidates will need top notch security now? Maybe even bullet proof glass? The only problem being the candidates will be concerned of being perceived as cowards. Will Trump put his safety before his ego? 😆

Civil war?  Don’t think so.

Halfwit militias against government forces?

There’s a channel 4 doc on the twin towers attack and the stupidity of the folk employed in Homeland Security is astonishing. The sequence of events as air traffic control tried to get hold of someone in charge at the air force was like something straight out of Dr Strangelove.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Civil war?  Don’t think so.

Halfwit militias against government forces?

Unless the military splits? 

It seems mad to even contemplate things like this, but since the pandemic the world seems to be getting crazier and crazier! 

Before the Russian Revolution Lenin said that: "There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen".

5 minutes ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

Unless the military splits? 

It seems mad to even contemplate things like this, but since the pandemic the world seems to be getting crazier and crazier! 

Before the Russian Revolution Lenin said that: "There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen".

The military won’t spilt.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

The military won’t spilt.

Well in that case the militias would be easily destroyed, but I would imagine units would mutiny when being asked to fire on fellow Americans. Then again, maybe not. It's all speculation, and hopefully doesn't happen because it would destabilise the world.

12 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

If it had been a proper sniper Trump would be toast,

It reminded me of the season we had Gavin Reilly. Folk being felled in the crowd with the actual target unscathed.

32 minutes ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

Will Trump put his safety before his ego? 😆

The guy who, after being shot and huckled off stage by a dozen bodyguards, was poking his bloodied head and fist up above them to show he was alright?

Edited by Miguel Sanchez

Follow me for more political predictions.

On 25/08/2023 at 18:47, Zetterlund said:

I can't quite imagine Trump actually going to prison, as much as I love the thought of him trying to continue some kind of political movement from behind bars. On the other hand, I also think there's no chance he'll be allowed, one way or another, to get back in the White House. I actually think it's not that unlikely he'd be assassinated.

40 minutes ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

Well in that case the militias would be easily destroyed, but I would imagine units would mutiny when being asked to fire on fellow Americans. Then again, maybe not. It's all speculation, and hopefully doesn't happen because it would destabilise the world.

Based on police activity over decades that might depend somewhat on the colour of the fellow Americans.