US Presidential Election 2024

scottsdad

4 minutes ago, The Master said:

Buttigieg would wipe the floor with Trump in the debates.

Unfortunately, there’s very little chance America will elect a gay president. 

He’d absolutely skoosh a vp debate with JD Vance.  You or I would skoosh a debate with Vance, to be fair, but Little Pete would make an excellent running mate for Harris. 

3 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Kentucky Governor Andy Beshear would be of similar vein. 

This is what my American friends say, but I’d keep calling him Martin, so for me he’s out. 

At least now there's hope that Trump will be beaten.  If Biden had stayed on, Trump would have strolled it.  

Trump will presumably now start the pish he spouted last time months before polling day - the 'if we lose, it could only be because of corruption' BS.

There'll be another constitutional crisis next January when Trump rallies his god-fearing loons into a frenzy. There is absolutely no way he will ever accept that he could be defeated by Harris.

1 minute ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

At least now there's hope that Trump will be beaten.  If Biden had stayed on, Trump would have strolled it.  

Yip, that's the point here.

Trump might well still win.  At least now it feels debatable though.

9 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

We might get an election run on the basis of “who is best” rather than “who’s less bad” as they’ve had with the last two

3 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Skipping over a black woman would be a horrible look.

Is that what Biden died for?

He's not dead although he's gonna be pissed when he wakes up and finds out Pelosi got hold of his twitter account.

It's all about TV ratings, some kind of speedy primary and an open convention would suck the oxygen right out of Trump, whoever wins. If it is Kamala Harris then she'd get much more chance to get her message out that way than a coronation. Everyone has already decided if they want or don't want Trump, it's about getting the don'ts to turn out and vote.