Clydebank 2023/2024

1 hour ago, Vanderbilt said:

Carlo Monti and Aaron Mason will be on £50 a week I suppose?

The boy who's just left 2 join Johnstone burgh left South shields who r a full time team 2 join beith for pennies aye ok. Beith r good payers maybe no like Darvel or medda fae years ago but happy 2 spend a few bob and within there rights if they can manage it

Mon the papers

1 hour ago, Casper Wilson said:

Thanks solely to the life support given freely by the Juniors.

An association you continually look down your noses at.

I'm not sure they do. The Clydebank fans made no secret of the fact that they were grateful for the opportunity to resurrect/keep the club going at Junior level but were also clear that they didn't see themselves there long term.  And a couple of years ago they finally had the opportunity to do something about it.

And the SJFA was/is a mickey mouse organisation.

1 hour ago, energyzone said:

I'm not sure they do. The Clydebank fans made no secret of the fact that they were grateful for the opportunity to resurrect/keep the club going at Junior level but were also clear that they didn't see themselves there long term.  And a couple of years ago they finally had the opportunity to do something about it.

And the SJFA was/is a mickey mouse organisation.

No they've continued to mock the grade and shown overwhelming arrogance to lots of people and on the back of winning nothing really  .

Not a nice bunch at all..

15 hours ago, energyzone said:

...And a couple of years ago they finally had the opportunity to do something about it...

They could have done something on being a senior club again as far back as a decade ago by joining the Lowland League by application. They were more tied into the SJFA than some people on here appear to realise.

5 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

They could have done something on being a senior club again as far back as a decade ago by joining the Lowland League by application. They were more tied into the SJFA than some people on here appear to realise.

That's not true. Our aim has always been to play senior football within the confines of the "Burgh" of Clydebank or well you know - what's the point. 10 years ago there wasn't a compliant stadium and didn't look like it was happening any time soon. Due to very hard work and assiduous lobbying, the current solution was arrived at. I don't need to go into details as to why it was not possible 10 years ago but believe me ... I know. Circumstances and attitudes change and we're grateful to have access to Holm Park - which we've sunk many thousands of pounds into. 

You're obviously alluding to something but as a club - returning senior football to the town has always been the goal. One I articulated to Tom Johnson at a very early meeting. 

45 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

That's not true. Our aim has always been to play senior football within the confines of the "Burgh" of Clydebank or well you know - ...

You could have been in the SPFL by now if you had been willing to play outside Clydebank for a few seasons. If BSC Glasgow could groundshare with Maryhill presumaby you could have instead of them. I made no statement as to whether the only within the confines of the Burgh posture was sensible or not. Just pointed out that you didn't bolt to the senior grade at the first opportunity so the criticism from some Ayrshire posters seemed a bit strange to me.