Clydebank 2023/2024

image.png.b783d3841e9d7f06a35f8961fc7ac664.png

Clydebank post article

TRIBUTES have poured in for “greatest ever” former Clydebank football manager Bill Munro following news of his sad passing.

The Holm Park club took to X, formerly known as Twitter, to pass on their condolences to Munro’s family following his death.

They said: “It’s with sadness we’ve learned former Clydebank manager Bill Munro has passed away.

“Taking charge in 1975, Bill oversaw the club’s rise to the Premier League, securing back-to-back promotions in the process.

“Our thoughts are with Bill’s family and friends at this sad time.”

Munro, born in 1934 in Glasgow, played for Kilmarnock, Barrow and East Stirlingshire before being appointed Clydebank manager by the Steedman family.

He took the Bankies to the promised land of the top division in Scotland in 1977, managing the club for six seasons before leaving in 1981.

He later managed Airdrie and also worked in women’s football.

One person wrote: “Knew the man very well.

“He was my next-door neighbour many years ago, and a perfect gentleman. RIP Bill.”

Another told the Clydebank Post he was widely considered by many to be Clydebank’s “greatest manager ever.”

Munro's death is the second of a former Bankie in a matter of days.

Former Striker Frank McDougall passed away on Monday with heart complications.

I wasn't born when Frank n coop ran riot for the club but I was lucky enough 2 be a mascot early 90s and get 2 meet coop. Even though his legs had gone he was still a class player and with Frank I met him in his pub in Aberdeen in my m8 told me 2 ask him about his time at bankies and it was only 1 season but we sat down with a bottle of Jack Daniels n he told me some stories all night.what a guy.bill munro greatest ever bankies manager enough said rip guys

Mon the papers

18 hours ago, Bjo said:

Clydebank looking good this season. Think it will be between them and beith 

Long way to go, points on the board is good but we know there are a few clubs more than capable of winning all their games in hand and making the table look more even. 

Also worth noting that we've only beaten Beith once in 14 games stretching back ten years and that was a cup tie after extra time in 2020.

6 hours ago, not man of the match said:

Long way to go, points on the board is good but we know there are a few clubs more than capable of winning all their games in hand and making the table look more even. 

Also worth noting that we've only beaten Beith once in 14 games stretching back ten years and that was a cup tie after extra time in 2020.

Clydebank are just running along nicely without making too much noise or fuss, more like under the radar but they look a very strong and a settled team right now

• 4 weeks later...