Premiership - new strips 2023/24.

7 hours ago, eez-eh said:

I’m in a minority but I quite like recoloured badges as long as they aren’t on the home kit. It can look quite smart on an away or third kit.

The St Mirren one would be better if the badge had the pink and black reversed though.

I'm in that minority too - on a home kit it's a cardinal sin, but on an away kit I don't really have an issue with it provided it doesn't totally ruin the crest itself.

3 minutes ago, Fide said:

No gonnae lie, i quite like it. It's a grower. 

I'm fine with it being a bit mad. I think away kits should be a bit wild from time to time. Give me a traditional-looking home kit and a wild away/third kit every time.

1 hour ago, Lifelongdee said:

its better than the Celtic (Design) home and St Johnstone(Quality) home kit by a large margin

OF tops have their own level of super cringe to them, including them in this list seems unfair on strips like the Killie and Aberdeen away tops who have tried so hard to be dreadful.

Talking of the Killie design, I do actually like that there is a motif there. It's a nice touch of history being referenced, however is there any evidence that he actually supported Killie? I checked wiki and it seems he was a Darvel man. Have Killie "stolen" an icon?

41 minutes ago, Ric said:

OF tops have their own level of super cringe to them, including them in this list seems unfair on strips like the Killie and Aberdeen away tops who have tried so hard to be dreadful.

Talking of the Killie design, I do actually like that there is a motif there. It's a nice touch of history being referenced, however is there any evidence that he actually supported Killie? I checked wiki and it seems he was a Darvel man. Have Killie "stolen" an icon?

Someones tried to be really clever.

Links to Killie, being one of 2 noble prize winners educated at Kilmarnock Academy, John Boyd Orr being the other, the clubs schools education program, penicillin and their charity partners at Crosshouse Hospital childrens unit.

Imo, thou the idea has good intentions the final result is poor. 

Hopefully wearing it away from home will prove the cure for last seasons poor form 🤞.

Edited by C4mmy31

4 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Someones tried to be really clever.

Do you mean me, or the Killie strip designers?

If it's me, I don't think it's an odd question to ask. There is a Kilmarnock link, but is there any actual proof that he supported the club? Him not supporting the club shouldn't change the club highlighting his achievements. Just wondering if there was a more explicit link.

I mean, if you wish to flip that around to my club, the Paisley pattern we all know is an old Persian pattern from the 16th century, in turn a company in Paisley was the first in Britain to try and copy it (or at least were the most successful in copying it) but I don't think we could claim anyone supported the club, if only because it didn't exist at the time!

I think the Kilmarnock away strip is ok, it might not be Kilmarnocky enough for their fans but as a stand alone strip it looks good.

The St Mirren away looks good as well, might need to see it live to be sure.

6 minutes ago, Ric said:

Do you mean me, or the Killie strip designers?

If it's me, I don't think it's an odd question to ask. There is a Kilmarnock link, but is there any actual proof that he supported the club? Him not supporting the club shouldn't change the club highlighting his achievements. Just wondering if there was a more explicit link.

I mean, if you wish to flip that around to my club, the Paisley pattern we all know is an old Persian pattern from the 16th century, in turn a company in Paisley was the first in Britain to try and copy it (or at least were the most successful in copying it) but I don't think we could claim anyone supported the club, if only because it didn't exist at the time.

Not you Ric.

From what's been discussed on our own forum....

The original idea was a member of staff at the club.

Hummel then produced a proof using a generic symbol.

This was then altered to the proper symbol and double checked with several chemistry professors by one of our supporters who normally has a big input with our strips then released.

33 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

From what's been discussed on our own forum....

The original idea was a member of staff at the club.

It's a nice idea, to be fair, not sure on the execution, but yeah.. the idea is nice.

@blackislekillie & @Killieallan are you both raging because I asked if someone supported your club? :lol:Jinkies.

Edited by Ric

11 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

This was then altered to the proper symbol and double checked with several chemistry professors by one of our supporters who normally has a big input with our strips then released.

More than a big say. - he designs them. 

15 hours ago, pozbaird said:

In the name of fcuk. As if it wasn’t bad enough Hibs having images of the ‘iconic’ steelwork of their stands on a shirt, Killie have a tribute to penicillin on theirs, because Fleming studied in Kilmarnock. I’ve seen some shite in my time… maybe the pink bits on ours are in tribute to calamine lotion.

Hopefully we do one next year in tribute to the other nobel prize winner from the same school. 

What did Paisley Grammar give the world?

Andrew Neil Finds An Attractive New Partner

23 hours ago, pozbaird said:

It’s too much sense for Scottish football. The authorities thought Livingston’s white and black kits were fine, which they clearly werent, when they played us.

It's not uncommon these days to see referees wearing the same colours as one of the goalkeepers.

5 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Hopefully we do one next year in tribute to the other nobel prize winner from the same school. 

What did Paisley Grammar give the world?

Andrew Neil Finds An Attractive New Partner

Fcuk knows. I went to Johnstone High. Next question please.

6 hours ago, Squalor Vic said:

Fleming moved to London in 1900 or something so not sure he had a season ticket for RP @Ric😆

I've never lived in Paisley, and have no connection to the town, yet I still support St Mirren. ;)

53 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

It's not uncommon these days to see referees wearing the same colours as one of the goalkeepers.

It's annoying. Keepers themselves seem to frequently have a shade that's similar to the opposition's strip but just different enough. Given the amount of colours and shades available now it's ridiculous there is anything close to a clash at all. Still, it probably won't be long before UEFA & FIFA have all games played with one team in all white and the other in all black. 

6 minutes ago, gordonfromlondon said:

new goalie top released for killie now too......

Jinkies! 😲
I mean it's a goalkeeper top, and goalkeeper tops do have a licence to be a bit more "out there", but.... jinkies!

1 hour ago, Ric said:

Jinkies! 😲
I mean it's a goalkeeper top, and goalkeeper tops do have a licence to be a bit more "out there", but.... jinkies!

It’s the new Aberdeen away shirt - if you don’t follow my patented polyester fitba’ shirt washing guide. 😎