Premiership - new strips 2023/24.

On 23/06/2023 at 18:18, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The gimmick this time is the cobblestone motif on the sleeve stripes and as gimmicks go it’s relatively subtle and understated 

I suspect however that they may go all in on the cobblestone idea on the away strip as we’re overdue a total stinker

It's a lot better than I expected

Mind you the kind of chap who isn't sufficiently secure in his masculinity will hate it 

My principal concern however is that we generally need an away strip for when we're playing teams who wear red and this one's pink. 

It's the same problem as Hibs pastel green kit last season

Hibs away is so close to being a cracker but ruined by the collar.

Dundee away I feel like a single thicker tartan stripe would be better than tram lines. Might also look better with light blue shorts, but with an all navy home kit the shorts were always going to be white.

20 minutes ago, stu2910 said:

Hibs away is so close to being a cracker but ruined by the collar.

Dundee away I feel like a single thicker tartan stripe would be better than tram lines. Might also look better with light blue shorts, but with an all navy home kit the shorts were always going to be white.

Meh.  Another Hibs kit I'm not fussed about . Sooner we are away from Joma the better.

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Personally think this season could be the worst set of tops collectively I've seen in the SPL. Its like everyones competing for who can be voted worst shirt.

Dundee and Motherwell are, possibly, the only teams to get remotely close to pass marks.   Genuinely atrocious.   There is a hard and fast rule for shirt design - plain and simple is better.  If in doubt, think 1973.   

Just now, Savage Henry said:

Dundee and Motherwell are, possibly, the only teams to get remotely close to pass marks.   Genuinely atrocious.   There is a hard and fast rule for shirt design - plain and simple is better.  If in doubt, think 1973.   

Genuine question. Is the new St Mirren home shirt not half-decent at least?

10 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Sponsor ruins it.

Shirts are ok if a touch boring, but I hate the sponsor. I'd maybe look at the home top if you could get it unsponsored.  After a few years where we'd moved on from  the MarathonBet and Crabbies Bookies and booze sponsorship to be back to square 1 with that is disappointing.

Quite like the Hearts one personally, seems to have wound up plenty clowns among the support as well. Away kits should occasionally be mental.

Hibs away kit isn't actually bad overall, but the collar is absolutely minging. 

45 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Quite like the Hearts one personally, seems to have wound up plenty clowns among the support as well. Away kits should occasionally be mental.

Hibs away kit isn't actually bad overall, but the collar is absolutely minging. 

Personally think the new Hearts away top is arguably the worst you've ever had and I'd argue the same for the new Hibs away top. Totally agree though I'd rather see teams have the courage to have fun with the tops (particularly the away top) than stick to the same old same old.

"Am I missing something with that Aberdeen kit? It's dreadful." - I know you weren't a fan of Aberdeen's away top but we've sold over 5k in the first 2 days just on the away top alone. Not bad going.