Premiership - new strips 2023/24.

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

One man’s poison is another man’s pinstripe. 😎

I mean it's not the Aberdeen away kit, and the director didn't do a full "yer da" outfit picture, so they have that going for them.

5 hours ago, Nadroj said:

The f**k is up with the stitching on the St Johnstone and Aberdeen badges? Awful attempts 

I'd be worried about the gold on Aberdeens top too. Looks like it'll be peeling after a couple washes. The stewards offshore will be writing a load of IOEWEs.

3 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

I'd be worried about the gold on Aberdeens top too. Looks like it'll be peeling after a couple washes. The stewards offshore will be writing a load of IOEWEs.

Time for my polyester fitba’ strip washing guide (for the thousandth time)…. You pay £55 or more for one, right? So, turn it inside out, place it in the bath. Run cool water over it and a splash of that orange coloured universal-use Stardrops stuff you can get for 99p in Home Bargain type shops. Alternatively, dedicated hand-wash stuff, but the orange Stardrops is the business. Can wash the car, or your dishes with it too. Anyway…Gently slosh the shirt around then leave in the water for thirty mins or so. Lift up, run clean water over it to rinse. Put a mini clothes horse thingy in bath, and without wringing or otherwise scrunching up the shirt, simply drape the wet shirt over the drying rack thingy, spread it out. It’s polyester, will drip off the majority of water in jig time. Keep the shirt inside-out and when dry enough, inset a clothes hanger and allow to naturally finish drying on the hangar. As it is polyester and wasn’t scrunched around in a washing machine, or you wrung it out by hand, it may not even need ironed. If it does, iron it inside-out, iron NOT at thermo-nuclear hot setting.

Turn it the right way around again and wear - allowing the public to pish their breeks laughing at it - if it happens to be the new Celtic one*

I’ve yet to lose a single shirt in battle, fitba’ or NFL jerseys, no logos fell aff’, no numbers or names on my NFL jerseys as much as cracked and faded. I recommend this motion to the house.

*I appreciate this comment suggests Sellik fans might actually wash their shirts.

Edited by pozbaird

I've got to say, for all the utter cringe the Aberdeen away top is, I do like their home kit. While I don't think it would work with black and white stripes, I like the almost shiny material they've used. Will the sponsor come off it? I genuinely hope so. For anyone who missed it, Chelsea released their kit recently and it has no sponsor. Now that's because they never got round to sorting out a sponsor, which is a bit odd, and they intend to include one either later on in the season or next year. Either way, it looks brilliant without a sponsor. In fact it just goes to prove the fact that every single strip looks better without the sponsor. If Aberdeen's sponsor can come off, all the better for it, I say!

6 minutes ago, Ric said:

I've got to say, for all the utter cringe the Aberdeen away top is, I do like their home kit. While I don't think it would work with black and white stripes, I like the almost shiny material they've used. Will the sponsor come off it? I genuinely hope so. For anyone who missed it, Chelsea released their kit recently and it has no sponsor. Now that's because they never got round to sorting out a sponsor, which is a bit odd, and they intend to include one either later on in the season or next year. Either way, it looks brilliant without a sponsor. In fact it just goes to prove the fact that every single strip looks better without the sponsor. If Aberdeen's sponsor can come off, all the better for it, I say!

I think Chelsea did have a sponsor lined up, but it was Paramount streaming service or something. The EPL kyboshed it as it clashed with the league’s major broadcast partners.

Chelsea, if they were called ‘Rangers’ could of course have just done whatever the fcuk they want with sponsors and flicked the EPL a derisory GIRFUY vicky.

Edited by pozbaird

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I think Chelsea did have a sponsor lined up, but it was Paramount streaming service or something. The EPL kyboshed it as it clashed with the league’s major broadcast partners.

Chelsea, if they were called ‘Rangers’ could of course have just done whatever the fcuk they want with sponsors and flicked the EPL a derisory GIRFUY vicky.

Yeah, I think the intention was to have a sponsor but it fell through.

I don't like plain blue tops, but it just goes to show how nice they are compared to ones with a f**k off sized sponsor on the front.

So, a fairly big portion of St. Mirren's home top is black, so they bring out (another!) black away kit.

Honestly, points should be deducted for this level of insanity.  Same with Celtic when they invariably bring out a green 7th kit or whatever they usually do.

1 minute ago, Desp said:

So, a fairly big portion of St. Mirren's home top is black, so they bring out (another!) black away kit.

Honestly, points should be deducted for this level of insanity.  Same with Celtic when they invariably bring out a green 7th kit or whatever they usually do.

That was the same as last season, we had a white and black home top and a (utterly gorgeous) black away top. I don't think we had a single kit clash all season.

14 minutes ago, Ric said:

That was the same as last season, we had a white and black home top and a (utterly gorgeous) black away top. I don't think we had a single kit clash all season.

I was going to bring up the Celtic games at St. Mirren Park, but tbf, that was on Celtic.  

Your away top last season was tremendous, I fully agree.  I just believe a change kit should be completely different colours from what's on the home.  Watch now as Motherwell bring out an all-claret away kit to completely boil my piss...

28 minutes ago, Desp said:

The only teams we clash with are the teams with a lot of white in their kits, like Celtic and maybe Hibs, even then we could probably get away with wearing the home strip against them. They did for decades. A black away kit is fine for us this season.

*Edit - and Kilmarnock

Edited by houston_bud
Kilmarnock

3 minutes ago, Desp said:

I was going to bring up the Celtic games at St. Mirren Park, but tbf, that was on Celtic.  

Your away top last season was tremendous, I fully agree.  I just believe a change kit should be completely different colours from what's on the home.  Watch now as Motherwell bring out an all-claret away kit to completely boil my piss...

Yeah, I mean you can bitch all you want about the colour clashes, and to be fair I do get where you are coming from I just think we benefit from no other black and white wearing clubs (other than maybe that Livi away top, maybe the hilarious Aberdeen away one too), but that game you mention was definitely all down to Celtic doing exactly what you are complaining of.

I’m in a minority but I quite like recoloured badges as long as they aren’t on the home kit. It can look quite smart on an away or third kit.

The St Mirren one would be better if the badge had the pink and black reversed though.

1 hour ago, Desp said:

Considering the shorts for the home kit are for both home AND away this is entirely likely. 

Or we are saving money and the actual away top will be soothing out there like the old Demin kit a good few seasons ago.

In any case, I get St Mirren doing it last season ( it was more of a patterend kit than just a black shirt) but shouldn't there be rules in place to make sure the chnage kit doesn't clash with the home? Or is that just too much common sense for scottish football?