Elgin City 23-24

Starting to get really scunnered now with the lack of updates or anything from the club. Every other club seem to be announcing signings galore.

We can't even get an update on pre season friendly fixtures from our club.

The players were back to start pre season training on Tuesday night. Is it too much to ask to give us some sort of update?

Worrying signs already for me after 2 abject league 2 finishes.

18 hours ago, Super Elgin City said:

Starting to get really scunnered now with the lack of updates or anything from the club. Every other club seem to be announcing signings galore.

We can't even get an update on pre season friendly fixtures from our club.

The players were back to start pre season training on Tuesday night. Is it too much to ask to give us some sort of update?

Worrying signs already for me after 2 abject league 2 finishes.

Relegation beckons.

12 minutes ago, percyboy said:

Russell Dingwall signs for another 2 years

HMS Piss the League sets sail. 

Graham Tatters steps down from role as chairman due to family reasons. On a personal level I wish him and his family well with whatever is ongoing. There's no doubt he put a lot of time and effort into the role.

On the football side of things I think its been needed for a while. Fresh faces and fresh ideas. Although I know there isn't a magic wand out there that is going to magic up someone with a business/football brain/money/time etc to step in but i really hope there is someone/ a business or 2 out there that fancies the challenge of moving the club forward .

I believe Graham's wife's health has been poor for a while now. All the very best to them. He has been a great servant to Elgin City.

But from a football point of view this has been needed for a long time. Hopefully now we will see a more forward thinking attitude and approach from Isla Benzie and her board.

4 hours ago, Elgin Macca said:

Graham Tatters steps down from role as chairman due to family reasons. On a personal level I wish him and his family well with whatever is ongoing. There's no doubt he put a lot of time and effort into the role.

On the football side of things I think its been needed for a while. Fresh faces and fresh ideas. Although I know there isn't a magic wand out there that is going to magic up someone with a business/football brain/money/time etc to step in but i really hope there is someone/ a business or 2 out there that fancies the challenge of moving the club forward .

I read it as just a temporary step down?

5 hours ago, Super Elgin City said:

I believe Graham's wife's health has been poor for a while now. All the very best to them. He has been a great servant to Elgin City.

But from a football point of view this has been needed for a long time. Hopefully now we will see a more forward thinking attitude and approach from Isla Benzie and her board.

She has been on the board for several years and I don’t think Graham run a dictatorship. 

4 hours ago, 1993 said:

She has been on the board for several years and I don’t think Graham run a dictatorship. 

You are right, she has. But she could well have had more ideas that were not implemented. Or should I say her husband might have. He is the silent backer that just stays in the background by the looks of it.

8 hours ago, cityloon said:

Maybe a stupid question but is she any relation to Leslie benzies who made a few of the grand theft auto games and was supposedly interested in the club before

No she isn't. Was there not some sort of carry on with the money that he put up not being used or something then retracted? Typical Elgin!!!

2 hours ago, Super Elgin City said:

No she isn't. Was there not some sort of carry on with the money that he put up not being used or something then retracted? Typical Elgin!!!

Aye a remember when that happened can’t remember fully what happened but heard he put some money in not sure if it was towards an academy and there was nothing shown for it so he retracted that’s what I heard but could be wrong 

5 hours ago, cityloon said:

Aye a remember when that happened can’t remember fully what happened but heard he put some money in not sure if it was towards an academy and there was nothing shown for it so he retracted that’s what I heard but could be wrong 

Aye I think that was the case. I am sure it was 250k he put forward.

A 3-1 home defeat in the opening friendly to Forres tonight. The line up shows how woefully short we are for players. Drapers comments at the start of the week also worried me. Said he is not In too much of a hurry to sign players. Looking at the fact they can take in 5 loan players before the season starts. Grim stuff.

7 hours ago, Super Elgin City said:

A 3-1 home defeat in the opening friendly to Forres tonight. The line up shows how woefully short we are for players. Drapers comments at the start of the week also worried me. Said he is not In too much of a hurry to sign players. Looking at the fact they can take in 5 loan players before the season starts. Grim stuff.

Was coming on to write the exact same thing. Isn't looking for permanent signings just now?! Also the chairwoman coming out and saying they will be looking to challenge for the promotion play offs as a minimum. If she doesn't see this squad isn't good enough to stay in the league let alone promotion we are in bigger trouble than I thought. A total shambles

7 hours ago, Elgin Macca said:

Was coming on to write the exact same thing. Isn't looking for permanent signings just now?! Also the chairwoman coming out and saying they will be looking to challenge for the promotion play offs as a minimum. If she doesn't see this squad isn't good enough to stay in the league let alone promotion we are in bigger trouble than I thought. A total shambles

Aye her comments were also worrying. Their heads cannot surely be that far in the sand to think that? I am amazed they have not signed a single player yet after the finish to last season and the amount of players we have lost.

So here we are, 10 days since the last football announcement.  Zero new signings and we've lost our top goal scorer.  Surely there must be something going on behind the scenes. Is the new manager not bothered about bringing any actual signings in or is he having his hands tied by the club.  C'mon city, get your fingers out and get some of the money you've got from selling Kane put back into the squad. Finally, when we did we last have a really decent loan signing, one who's come in and lit up the pitch, it's all well and good saying we can bring in 4 or 5 loan signings but all we ever get is peripheral U-21 players.  The last young player I can remember who went onto to much bigger and better things was Bruce Anderson, since then we've loaned out middling young players, many who've looked out of their depth even in the 4th tier.