Elgin City 23-24

21 minutes ago, cityloon said:

Seen Alfie bavidge play few times he’s a great prospect and no doubt will end up playing in the Scottish prem some point so would be great if we did get him and heard rumours that we may get back Shane Sutherland but it’s just rumours I think

I also heard that about Shane Sutherland. What I heard is that it is already agreed that he will join the squad when he is fit again. Great news if he could get back to his previous self. But 18 months out by the time he's back at 33 it could be a big ask

Edited by Super Elgin City

Bavidge will get some game time for Aberdeen this season I think with them having a busy schedule, and think they'd send him to a higher league if he were to go out on loan. I'd be delighted to be wrong though. Even if Shane is half the player he was he'd be at least a solid signing I reckon.

Aye a think Sutherland back would be great aslong as he’s 100% fit after all the time out and probably be a bit rusty understandably but having him in would be better than nothing and as I was thinking with Alfie Babis he to he’s probably going to get a bit of time with the Aberdeen first team after the way he’s played in their development squad and probably end up in the higher leagues on loan he reminds me of Bruce Anderson from Aberdeen when he came to loan with us now he’s at Livingston 

3 hours ago, gordon9736 said:

Have to say that I was encouraged performance against Motherwell. Cairns deserved his MotM, but Draper was dire. If we fight like this in every game, we won't be the bottom team.

Good!

16 hours ago, gordon9736 said:

Have to say that I was encouraged performance against Motherwell. Cairns deserved his MotM, but Draper was dire. If we fight like this in every game, we won't be the bottom team.

I agree, a lot of positives from the game. Liam Harvey had a thankless task but battled away. The big centre half was really good I thought. I think Draper the player is going to be the main problem this season. Been absolutely hopeless the whole pre season. Looks miles off it. Very tough role a player manager. I personally don't think it works.

On 15/07/2023 at 17:45, gordon9736 said:

I hope you guys don't finish bottom however as an outsider you're present situation looks ominous enough for me to think even Clyde will be above you right now.

23 hours ago, Briggsy's Ghost said:

tv.elgincity.net. £10 for the stream.

Saw the stream on the website. Am I misremembering or is it a particular bad Pixelot number? Is it worth gambling for the tenner or is it not worth the money? 

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Saw the stream on the website. Am I misremembering or is it a particular bad Pixelot number? Is it worth gambling for the tenner or is it not worth the money? 

It was pish for our league game towards the end of of season if that's any use to you.

Maybe a good thing I'm having bother logging in for the stream if its poor. Site says I already have an account for my email address but I don't think I've ever been on elgintv site before so no idea what password they wanted. I asked for new password which was emailed to me but isn't accepted when entered. It'll be something I'm doing wrong, it usually is, so I'll be relying on P&B or Live updates on the OS to keep informed. 

25 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Maybe a good thing I'm having bother logging in for the stream if its poor. Site says I already have an account for my email address but I don't think I've ever been on elgintv site before so no idea what password they wanted. I asked for new password which was emailed to me but isn't accepted when entered. It'll be something I'm doing wrong, it usually is, so I'll be relying on P&B or Live updates on the OS to keep informed. 

Had no idea I had an account either tbh but I do! I maybe watched our game against them last season I suppose. 

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Had no idea I had an account either tbh but I do! I maybe watched our game against them last season I suppose. 

Logged on now, I must have tried to update password a couple of times cos checked emails and two updates sent, logged in ok with last one. I must have an account too cos they had my card details already so didn't have to enter that. Can't remember watching elgintv before unless they share streaming platform with other clubs where same password and details are used. Hope it's worth the hassle. 

Our best players against QotS imo were Hoban, Cairns and MacEwan. Please, please, please, can the management team tell Draper to drop himself. He's been dire so far and has been knocked to the ground more times yesterday than all his other games combined. Our passing to and fro between defence and keeper is going to cost us dear. 

50 minutes ago, gordon9736 said:

Our passing to and fro between defence and keeper is going to cost us dear. 

This cost you a goal on Tuesday. Maybe it's Drapers preferred style of play but I'm not sure League 2 is the place for Man City style build up.

Who’d be a Manager eh. Lump it up the pitch to no one and the fans are moaning, try to play some fitba and the fans are moaning. I would agree that playing from the back is maybe not the style for Div 2 especially with this group of players. The only player capable of receiving and passing to one of his own players with any regularity is Soapy, which once again was abundantly clear yesterday.  The loanees,  being full time players, you would hope would have these qualities? I’m sure it’s a work in progress and Draper will be aware of what he needs but I fear the players needed are out with our financial and geographical reach. It’s still pre season though and I’ve seen poor pre seasons turning into good seasons but I must admit I’m not overly confident at the moment 🤞