Elgin City 23-24

5 hours ago, MorayCup said:

This was in today's article with Isla Benzie's response 

How true that is or how much that budget is, I dunno. 

Obviously I know nothing about how your club is run financially but I would think that any club at this level is gonna really feel a 6 figure loss at this stage and regardless of what it was budgeted for, money will need to be taken from elsewhere in the club to cover it. 

The way I read it is that with Tatters taking a back seat maybe Mr Scott had designs on being chairman and was using his sponsorship as leverage. When he was called out and email came to light he took the huff, aired the dirty laundry in public, perhaps looking for a climb down and resignation from Benzie? I wonder if he would have conducted his business this way if it was a Gleaner matter?

Good to see that misogynistic pish deleted. Her appearance has no bearing on the ability to chair a football club.

17 minutes ago, 1993 said:

The way I read it is that with Tatters taking a back seat maybe Mr Scott had designs on being chairman and was using his sponsorship as leverage. When he was called out and email came to light he took the huff, aired the dirty laundry in public, perhaps looking for a climb down and resignation from Benzie? I wonder if he would have conducted his business this way if it was a Gleaner matter?

Aye, the more I think about it the more that this seems off. Holding the club to ransom with his sponsorship cash, doesn't really sound like the kind of guy you'd want on the board in the first place. 

15 minutes ago, WeAreElgin said:

Some signing news?! Holy shit.

Don't think Cooney got a huge amount of game time while he was here, did he? I think he'd be a solid signing considering how Brechin did last year.

He is a reasonable enough player but was dropped when Hamish Thompson returned from injury and as soon as we signed Lewis Martin, I suspect he realized he wouldn't be a regular starter this season. I'm not sure he'll do that well at SPFL 2 level, but I wish him all the best.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/elgin-city/5892607/elgin-city-mourns-the-loss-of-chairman-graham-tatters-wife-paula/

sad news on grahams wife passing away after yesterdays boards fiasco but condolences to him and his family and sorry for her loss.

Good news on the signing front then at last some guys in now

I thought Cooney did ok in his first stint at the club and was unlucky not to get more game time. I suspected Harvey being an Elgin loon might be a signing target. Hopefully a few more to come.

Happy with that, I know he is highly rated at Aberdeen but Bavidge has overtaken him as the top prospect there. It'll be his first proper taste of senior football so you never how it'll work out but he comes with a very good reputation at least.

If Ross Draper was not worried before yesterday's game he surely is now. That was genuinely the worst ever Elgin City performance I have ever witnessed. Truly not a single positive about that team. The Huntly old boys that came on for the last 20 minutes were still the better team. Truly abysmal, pre season or not.

Trying to stay positive, I think that performance should surely convince the board and management team that a whole host of new signings are needed. Very few players yesterday looked anywhere close to League 2 standard (I'd include Draper in that, he was awful) and I'd hope the vast majority are backup players at best if they do stick around. I think that squad would be mid table in the Highland League.

1 hour ago, afca32 said:

Trying to stay positive, I think that performance should surely convince the board and management team that a whole host of new signings are needed. Very few players yesterday looked anywhere close to League 2 standard (I'd include Draper in that, he was awful) and I'd hope the vast majority are backup players at best if they do stick around. I think that squad would be mid table in the Highland League.

Totally agree. At most times in pre season you could say it is about getting minutes in the legs. But it is the lack of ability throughout the team that is the worry. I also thought Draper was horrendous. He has been slow since he has been at the club, but he looks to have lost another couple of yards. Cooney is also hopeless. Can't see him being signed. Badly need Dozlanski and Cooper back. Does make you think the decision to not give Darryl a contract is a strange one. He can be limited but he has played a hell of a lot of games at that level and was one of very few experienced players in that squad.

Edited by Super Elgin City