2023-24 Challenge Cup

Buckets

2 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Have always said no B Teams should be involved if they need more teams increase entrys from the HFL & LL

That will never happen. Remember that these B-teams (according to the SFA) are the only reason this puney little Cup is still alive.

What chance does the cup have without the 2 famous names being involved in some way... 🙄

If am being serious for a minute, if lower league club aren't taking the challenge Cup seriously themselves, they've only got themselves to blame when the SFA try something different. What's the point in offering a cup competition for the lower league sides if some clubs aren't even playing their strongest squads for it. The lack of interest adversely affects the attendances and value of the cup in the eyes of any potential sponsor. 

19 hours ago, peternapper said:

Have always said no B Teams should be involved if they need more teams increase entrys from the HFL & LL

But surely the only reason Scotland have qualified for successive Euros is purely down to the B teams in the challenge cup and Lowland League 😂 

On 28/09/2023 at 11:26, peternapper said:

Rangers are really taking the piss in this comp. They are not even in a league now. Had the Alloa game moved due to international call ups but expect a part time team to play the tie mid-week which means mucking up their training & have players do a days work before playing a full time team that have all day to prepare. Hopefully Airdrie take care of them but if not members of a qualifying league they should not get a place in the comp

Us diddy clubs need to know our place

Edited by EdinburghBlue

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, peternapper said:

Well done Airdrie for getting rid of the last of the B Team imposters

And much against my previous posts on the format, I toddled off to Cappielow last night. It was good to end the involvement of the B teams, although the game was at one stage a lot closer than I'd like.

No point having an analysis as the game was finished by another sumptuous Rhys McCabe free kick. I can't remember him scoring from open play, but more of this Please.

The pre match Bovril lacked enough beefy flavour but it was at least hot. 

Back to Cappielow for a different kind of challenge.

On 08/11/2023 at 11:04, McGuigan1978 said:

Hamilton charging £20 for a Challenge Cup tie feels pretty wild. I’ve loads on that weekend but was still going to head through, but think I’ll pass at that. 

The club probably think with Raith being on good form they will bring a reasonable enough support they can justify charging this and the last Friday night game we played had a slight spike in attendance. Still agree it’s unreasonable.

However it’s more of a disgrace they are charging £20 to watch us play a team we’ll already play 4 times this season in Kelty the following week in the Scottish Cup.

So for me I’ll probably only go to one of them that being the Raith game since there’s a bit more intrigue for me to see how this team do against a good championship team.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge