2023-24 Challenge Cup

Buckets

The thoughts of a final, wi the Rovers @ EE, is only secondary to the Challenge Cup game, at Brockville;  where Gunner thought he’d scored for the Pars. Only for the game to be brought back, for a pen & Neale Cooper getting sent off! The utter #headsgone #seethe it would induce in West Fife would be incalculable.

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

For the pure shitehousery I’d like to see Raith v Falkirk at East End as the Pars would be so at boiling  point it would be hilarious but I’d rather it wasn’t as I don’t want them earning a single penny from a cup final that has nothing whatsoever to do with them. 

3 hours ago, spot on said:

Yes we did , sets up the third goal, 🤔

And was out of position a few times, and the goal came from his position….I don’t disagree Hannah looked pretty decent, but he’s not ready for heavy rotation yet, Masson certainly looked capable and Corr looked solid for his few minutes.

7 hours ago, mrpaddyx said:

Could/Would/Should Dunfermline object to the match being at East End if the Rovers and Falkirk play in the Final?

That said it's going to be TNS vs Airdrie played in Dingwall or something similiar.

No objection from me. Seems a decent choice if that happens. 

7 hours ago, spot on said:

For the pure shitehousery I’d like to see Raith v Falkirk at East End as the Pars would be so at boiling  point it would be hilarious but I’d rather it wasn’t as I don’t want them earning a single penny from a cup final that has nothing whatsoever to do with them. 

Why would the Pars be at boiling point? I don't think many folk give a shiny shite tbh. I'd actually maybe go along as a neutral and sit in the Main Stand as it has the potential to be a decent game if both sides are still in decent form. Only possible issue would be if fans tried to break seats or whatever, but we'd just bill the club responsible. We've hosted a League Cup semi back in the old terracing days, some Scotland youth/under 21 games and the Junior Cup final. I'd imagine the Pars board would be quite pleased to think that the ground was deemed suitable for such a game, rather than being at boiling point. We could always get Jim Leishman to be part of the presentation party at the end for additional banter.

7 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

No objection from me. Seems a decent choice if that happens. 

Why would the Pars be at boiling point? I don't think many folk give a shiny shite tbh. I'd actually maybe go along as a neutral and sit in the Main Stand as it has the potential to be a decent game if both sides are still in decent form. Only possible issue would be if fans tried to break seats or whatever, but we'd just bill the club responsible. We've hosted a League Cup semi back in the old terracing days, some Scotland youth/under 21 games and the Junior Cup final. I'd imagine the Pars board would be quite pleased to think that the ground was deemed suitable for such a game, rather than being at boiling point. We could always get Jim Leishman to be part of the presentation party at the end for additional banter.

This is the lower league showpiece. As such, grass pitches have no part to play. 

10 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Meh. That was disappointing at the end. Don't think 4-1 was a fair reflection of the first hour.

I said I wanted to see how we'd do against a good side from the league above and, tbh, for as long as it was 11v11 I was happy enough with what I saw - we created a few chances and were well in the game. Poor defending for Raith's opener making all the difference.

Didn't see the red card but i've heard it was one so no complaints, and we fell apart a bit after.

Third goal, though, I've never seen anything like it. Ref blows his whistle to indicate Accies are making a sub only for the Raith boy to take the throw in anyway and Hamilton score (admittedly a cracker) whilst we've switched off 😂

Rankin told the asst ref he didn't want to make the sub so the ref correctly said carry on. If we switched off it is schoolboy stuff.

22 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Rankin told the asst ref he didn't want to make the sub so the ref correctly said carry on. If we switched off it is schoolboy stuff.

This is what I thought happened. The fact we conceded (because the players switched off) just gave them a reason to complain. 

On the game itself, I thought we were really quite good on the ball while it was 11 v 11, but the same off-the-ball issues we've had all season meant that we were always in danger of conceding. We can mostly get away with it in League One, especially as Rankin has improved them in-possession, however nights like last night shine a light those weaknesses. 

7 hours ago, TxRover said:

And was out of position a few times, and the goal came from his position….I don’t disagree Hannah looked pretty decent, but he’s not ready for heavy rotation yet, Masson certainly looked capable and Corr looked solid for his few minutes.

Not sure why you are so negative re Hannah. To say the goal came from his position is ridiculous, there were three Raith players round Zanatta and he wasn’t Hannah’s man. Zanatta picked the ball up in the middle of the park which wasn’t Hannah position. Also who wasn’t out of position at times during the game? Maybe  try and support our young players rather than pick faults that are not there and they may get on a bit better and gain more confidence.

45 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

I think pretty much anyone would drop their guard to catch a breath when 2-0 and a man down if the referee indicates a sub is being made.

"Play to the whistle" doesn't really apply if the referee has, quite literally, blown his whistle.