Third Division 23/24

Gow 3 Greenock 2

We like to make it hard for ourselves., lost an early goal. Got one back before half time. 

Greenock got one early second half.  Gow then moved up a gear and scored two within a few minutes.

Handy result for us down at Irvine.

I see Lanark v Threave got abandoned on 90 minutes,. I hope the Lanark lad will be ok, not sure of the nature of injury.

Threave will be gutted considering the circumstances.

Lanark v Threave  was abandoned on 89 minutes. Am told our young substitute striker has suffered a very bad injury following a robust challenge by the Threave captain.

Had to be taken by hospital by van after lying on the pitch for the best part of an hour, due to the state of our NHS. Shocking.

No idea when the game will be replayed.

Have said on here more than once, Threave are the best team we have played in the division this season. They proved it again tonight and were very good.

7 hours ago, bc57 said:

Lanark v Threave  was abandoned on 89 minutes. Am told our young substitute striker has suffered a very bad injury following a robust challenge by the Threave captain.

Had to be taken by hospital by van after lying on the pitch for the best part of an hour, due to the state of our NHS. Shocking.

Have said on here more than once, Threave are the best team we have played in the division this season. They proved it again tonight and were very good.

Sounds awful pass on our thoughts from us at p&b.

8 hours ago, bc57 said:

Broken leg and ankle. Kevin's mother has reported that the doctor says it is the worst he has ever seen and will have to undergo surgery.

8 hours ago, bc57 said:

Wish him all the best for his recovery from all at the Gow.

Our player at weekend waited two hours for an ambulance. Its unacceptable.

Our game against Ardeer is now to be played on 15th May, would think there is a good chance that's when you will play Threave again.

Just now, Father Ted said:

Our game against Ardeer is now to be played on 15th May, would think there is a good chance that's when you will play Threave again.

I'd have thought so too.

23 minutes ago, bc57 said:

Broken leg and ankle. Kevin's mother has reported that the doctor says it is the worst he has ever seen and will have to undergo surgery.

It's natural for us as fans to be focused on the impact an event like this has on the football.

Spare a thought for the young lad and the impact it can have in his life in the short term especially.

Obviously unaware if he is at college or working, sounds like he could be off either for a while.

I broke my ankle in my 20's, had complications and was off work for something like 14 weeks. Missed out being lead engineer on a new project, never regained my status and moved on within a year.  We will all know of other folk who have had their life impacted by a sports injury. Never got back to playing again either, weak ankle to this day 40+ years on.

Thoughts and wishes to this young man. 

1 hour ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

It's natural for us as fans to be focused on the impact an event like this has on the football.

Spare a thought for the young lad and the impact it can have in his life in the short term especially.

Obviously unaware if he is at college or working, sounds like he could be off either for a while.

I broke my ankle in my 20's, had complications and was off work for something like 14 weeks. Missed out being lead engineer on a new project, never regained my status and moved on within a year.  We will all know of other folk who have had their life impacted by a sports injury. Never got back to playing again either, weak ankle to this day 40+ years on.

Thoughts and wishes to this young man. 

Will have a huge impact upon him. a 19 year old roofer.

7 hours ago, Father Ted said:

I understand that our game has been rescheduled for 15th May, as anticipated.

Been told that the Threave keeper heads off on holiday for 2 weeks next week and will then retire so would appear he won't be available. He is an integral part of how they play the ball out from the back. They will take confidence from their performance last night and would be surprised if the don't take full points at Finnart on Saturday.

1 hour ago, bc57 said:

Been told that the Threave keeper heads off on holiday for 2 weeks next week and will then retire so would appear he won't be available. He is an integral part of how they play the ball out from the back. They will take confidence from their performance last night and would be surprised if the don't take full points at Finnart on Saturday.

Finnart seem to have dropped off a bit since we beat them 4-2 at their place. Would expect Threave to win.

He's a good keeper, he will be a big miss for them.

2 hours ago, bc57 said:

I'm sure you will do the decent thing in that game, by then you should be champions. 🤪🤪🤪

Aye agree Graham Wright brings an aura of calmness to the team and as you say is a major part of their style of play.

11 hours ago, bc57 said:

Will have a huge impact upon him. a 19 year old roofer.

Wishing Kevin a speedy recovery.

Never a nice thing to witness, well done to everyone that helped out.

14 hours ago, bc57 said:

Underwent surgery today. He has a broken tibia, fibula and ankle with 2 metal rods from ankle to knee.  Awful injury.  Let's hope the lad can make a good recovery.  

I can only hope that the reorganised game can be used to contribute some funds to him

8 hours ago, bc57 said:

Underwent surgery today. He has a broken tibia, fibula and ankle with 2 metal rods from ankle to knee.  Awful injury.  Let's hope the lad can make a good recovery.  

I can only hope that the reorganised game can be used to contribute some funds to him

Excellent idea, they are good people at Threave, pretty sure they will be on board with this.

Again I would like to think our whole football community are sending positive thoughts to this young man.

Has the fat lady just sung her song.

Finnart 4 -,3 Threave.

Threave 2-up early doors pegged back 2-2 at h-t.

Finnart into a 4-2 lead before Threave pull a goal back inside last 15. 

Threave players showing that lack of competitive toughness I have mentioned a few times; the ability to grind out a result when required. Lost home and away to a Finnart team prepared to work hard for the victory. Sometimes nice football ain't enough to win the prize.

1 hour ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Has the fat lady just sung her song.

Finnart 4 -,3 Threave.

Threave 2-up early doors pegged back 2-2 at h-t.

Finnart into a 4-2 lead before Threave pull a goal back inside last 15. 

Threave players showing that lack of competitive toughness I have mentioned a few times; the ability to grind out a result when required. Lost home and away to a Finnart team prepared to work hard for the victory. Sometimes nice football ain't enough to win the prize.

I really cannot believe this result having played them on Wednesday and after we beat Finnart away recently so comfortably. Also saw Finnart at Bellshill and could only see one winner. Just as well I don't bet.

Posted (edited)

Lanark 5 VoL 0

That is us promoted. Comfortable victory. Kieran Brannan scored 4.  3 up at half time. VoL keeper had a mare for the 3rd but then had 4 excellent saves thereafter to keep the scoreline down.

Two quick goals inside the first 6 minutes of the 2nd half killed the game off.  A raft of substitutions thereafter killed off the game which petered out.

Well done to all at the club.  Not what any of us would have predicted after the first 3 games of the season.  Got to keep it going to secure the title starting at Bellshill on Wednesday.

Edited by bc57