First Divison 23/24

5 hours ago, peasy23 said:

St. Roch's can only get to 58 points. On 34 just now with 8 games to play.

You guys with 4 games and a competitively light schedule , albeit with a couple of tough games (away to St Rochs and home to SBA), must think if you win this 4 you’ve a great chance of going up.

I reckon 57 points will get a team up here. 

8 hours ago, PossilYM said:

Johnstone Burgh 2 v Thorniewood United 2 at the K Park in East Kilbride. 

EK scored in the 89th minute.

Again there was lucky to be a 100 people there. Even the neutrals gave up on this one.

Johnstone Burgh possible points total drops to 61 pts. Few outliers on the promotion front watching closely for any sign of those above them dropping points.

Thorniewood United now on 53 possible points. Thought they were unlucky not to walk with the 3 points.

Burgh had a number of first half chances that they didn’t take and paid the price. When they equalised in the second half it looks like they would go on and win it but fell behind to soft defending.

Is it true the League season is to be extended by 10 days?

If that's the case, where is the sporting integrity in that decision.

Teams who choose to throw money at players rather than the infrastructure of their parks, or take part in unaffiliated competions should live with the consequences of their decisions.

Piss poor if true, and harks  back to the "make it up as you go along Juniors".

Edited by Leeco10

Rutherglen finding form at the right time of the season, whats the script with blantyre ?? Seem to never be playing? 1 game in the whole of March & April? have they had many games PP? i seen they were off yesterday but seems very odd. 

7 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

Fae a Buffs fan ?

Either very young, or has a very selective memory.

Yes I remember the glory days very well, I also remember the years in the doldrums even more vividly.

What I don't remember is the league being extended to help us out when we were playing 3 times a week due to our success, or when we dropped down the leagues and had match cancellations home and away due to unplayable pitches and had fixture conjestion at the tail end of the season.

At a previous League meeting, they said no extention to season, now they are saying it is to be extended, why?

I have no issue with teams playing in an unaffiliated tournament, but in my opinion that shouldn't take president over league games, and if your lucky enough to go far in these competitions they should conclude after affiliated league fixtures and tournaments.

The issues with infrastructure and parks being playable also causes issues at the tail end of the season, but that's part and parcel of the game.

If your pitch isn't fit for purpose, play on a park that is, play your games elsewhere or suffer the fixture congestion with 3 games a week at the seasons end.

What was the decission making process and where is the integrity in this decision to extend the season?

It's a legitimate question. 

Edited by Leeco10
Grammar

22 hours ago, Leeco10 said:

Yes I remember the glory days very well, I also remember the years in the doldrums even more vividly.

What I don't remember is the league being extended to help us out when we were playing 3 times a week due to our success, or when we dropped down the leagues and had match cancellations home and away due to unplayable pitches and had fixture conjestion at the tail end of the season.

At a previous League meeting, they said no extention to season, now they are saying it is to be extended, why?

I have no issue with teams playing in an unaffiliated tournament, but in my opinion that shouldn't take president over league games, and if your lucky enough to go far in these competitions they should conclude after affiliated league fixtures and tournaments.

The issues with infrastructure and parks being playable also causes issues at the tail end of the season, but that's part and parcel of the game.

If your pitch isn't fit for purpose, play on a park that is, play your games elsewhere or suffer the fixture congestion with 3 games a week at the seasons end.

What was the decission making process and where is the integrity in this decision to extend the season?

It's a legitimate question. 

Ok, let's agree they were wrong in your case and have realised that. Should they just keep making bad decisions?

is it true the season has been extended by ten days? what was the point cramming all the fixtures in to extend it by another ten days? surely teams at serious disadvantage now? Shotts in particular. 

On 14/04/2024 at 10:33, Leeco10 said:

Don't think it's the three Junior Cup games for Shotts that have been the factor in their fixture pileup... (and even if they weren't playing in that they they'd probably have played the same amount of games in the Strathclyde Cup) 

Also, the East of Scotland League finish their lower divisions a week later than Premier and the WOS did similar last season, so I don't see why extending the season is an issue. Certainly Campeltown shouldn't be made to play midweek in East Kilbride when they could play it on the next Saturday.

35 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

What a mental game

Shotts had a man sent off early and were up 3.1 and Thornliewood now at 3.3

A diabolical liberty! Second penalty to make it 3-3 was particularly ludicrous.