First Divison 23/24

3 hours ago, cultured_left_foot said:

wouldn’t be surprised if someone like Dorrans took the team on Wednesday. Obviously has a lot of experience of the game at a higher level 

He did his coaching badges with Jamie. 

Not surprised Jamie's been shown the door however think its extremely harsh. 6 years he's taken them from the pit of junior football to being a well backed club again in a respected division. The turn over of players clearly has been a hinderance & he's maybe shot himself in the foot with going all out so soon after investment . I do think the burgh would have went up with adding maybe 3 or 4 to the squad from last year. I was surprised at the time too see Brian Connor loaned out , then Jojo Gillsepie & Jamie McGowan sold. Heard Murdo's got the job already but could just be chinese whispers.

25 minutes ago, The nameless tim said:

Not surprised Jamie's been shown the door however think its extremely harsh. 6 years he's taken them from the pit of junior football to being a well backed club again in a respected division. The turn over of players clearly has been a hinderance & he's maybe shot himself in the foot with going all out so soon after investment . I do think the burgh would have went up with adding maybe 3 or 4 to the squad from last year. I was surprised at the time too see Brian Connor loaned out , then Jojo Gillsepie & Jamie McGowan sold. Heard Murdo's got the job already but could just be chinese whispers.

No gonnie lie I don't know much about the old manager but what we all know is the guy was pissing into the wind and was only a matter of time before he got sacked when they went on a bad run and lost a few games and with the new investment was Jamie a big enough name 2 get them out it? He obviously done a cracking job before hand but 2 nee owners that means nothing. 

Mon the papers

1 hour ago, The nameless tim said:

Can’t disagree with any of this and I said at the time, it seemed all a bit too much too soon with a huge turnover of players. The signing of 5 goalkeepers in a season was also a bit of a red flag.

Lots of decent players from last season who’d have done a job were let go too soon.

6 hours ago, The nameless tim said:

He's coming into the job on a personal high right enough 😬

6 hours ago, The nameless tim said:

He might end up getting it but if he has been offered it, it would be strange to advertise the job. 

On 24/03/2024 at 16:20, KirkyRobRoy said:

Esplin, the McCann brothers, Christie, Menzies, if rumours are to believed, Forde in the summer too

and "probably" Murdie

Be as well changing their name to Pollok Reserves!

https://www.johnstoneburghfc.com/first-team/1740638_burgh-sign-jonny-lyon-on-loan

Jonny Lyon to JB now too

First thing to ask is who made this signing??

Hmnn...Haud oan.

Is that the same young man that moneybags EK (not Thistle) tried to get gullible folk to pay for medical treatment that possibly should've been covered by their insurance company ?

I'm not ITK about this at all, just wondering...erm,...can we escape from this without mentioning...uhm,...gangsters ?

Oh, sorry...where is the Cambuslang thread ?

Joke lads. It's just a joke.

Quick....Run....Hide...

1 hour ago, Black Pennel said:

Hmnn...Haud oan.

Is that the same young man that moneybags EK (not Thistle) tried to get gullible folk to pay for medical treatment that possibly should've been covered by their insurance company ?

I'm not ITK about this at all, just wondering...erm,...can we escape from this without mentioning...uhm,...gangsters ?

Oh, sorry...where is the Cambuslang thread ?

Joke lads. It's just a joke.

Quick....Run....Hide...

Clearly not ITK.

By all means slag the Burgh, but do not insinuate the involvement of any gangsters.

Both backers and one in particular have been open about who they are and what their businesses are (engineering and healthcare).

54 minutes ago, Johnstonian said:

Clearly not ITK.

By all means slag the Burgh, but do not insinuate the involvement of any gangsters.

Both backers and one in particular have been open about who they are and what their businesses are (engineering and healthcare).

100% correct and liable so making wild accusations is wrong.

Football is the topic and should remain this way. 

Keeping it all things football..

As well as having to play two home games at Cliftonhill, Burgh face 7 games in 17 days to close out the season, including a Sat, Tues, Thurs, Sat run

Both midweek ones are away to Thorniewood and SBA, the latter being a ground Burgh never win at.

The word “clusterfuck” springs to mind 

4 minutes ago, Johnstonian said:

As well as having to play two home games at Cliftonhill, Burgh face 7 games in 17 days to close out the season, including a Sat, Tues, Thurs, Sat run

Both midweek ones are away to Thorniewood and SBA, the latter being a ground Burgh never win at.

Maybe an investment on the actually pitch surface before filling the squad with overpaid haddies might have been a better start? 

11 minutes ago, Johnstonian said:

Good job they've went to Cliftonhill and Renfrew earlier on, or it would have been an even bigger "clusterfuck".

Out of interest, why is it a "clusterfuck"?