First Divison 23/24

1 minute ago, MickGarvey said:

Conveniently so. The season shouldve and couldve been finished by 6th May. If you wish to be super pedantic about it, 13th May like the Premier League was.

Clearly it couldn't have been.

Mondays and Wednesdays were already being used in the run up to the end of the season. When would YOU put in the outstanding postponed games especially for those without lights?

Guest MickGarvey
20 minutes ago, Kennie said:

Clearly it couldn't have been.

Mondays and Wednesdays were already being used in the run up to the end of the season. When would YOU put in the outstanding postponed games especially for those without lights?

Sorry Kennie.

Can you clarify what games in the First Division (since that is the subject matter) were played on a Monday Night last season and how many occasions Monday nights were used?

There was suffice midweeks for those without lights to complete games in April and the beginning of May.

Plenty of teams with lights also to get games out the way sooner. Teams with lights played midweek games during the light nights for example.

The difference with our pyramid and the pyramid down south is we have too many pacifist and people dont want to move with the times up here.

Would it be fair to say that Rutherglen Glencairn are happy to put the work in and take the licensing money, get themselves in the Senior Scottish Cup? Surely they wouldn't pick and choose when they are assigned midweek games especially when they are having success in the Scottish Junior Cup and have a facility which allows them to play midweek fixtures in the winter.

This is where I believe the fixtures man is required to have foresight and pencil in midweek matches. Five of the teams in the First Division have been hampered by the Scottish Junior Cup. Shotts Bon Accord and Rutherglen Glencairn got to the last eight minimum and Gartcairn the last sixteen. That is a minimum of four match days that have been affected by a competition that not ALL the stakeholders compete in.

Don't hit me with the "we treat it the same as the other cups" nonsense. You said that has only recently been voted through, so why not pencil in more midweek games in the winter months?

Edited by MickGarvey

10 minutes ago, MickGarvey said:

Sorry Kennie.

Can you clarify what games in the First Division (since that is the subject matter) were played on a Monday Night last season and how many occasions Monday nights were used?

There was suffice midweeks for those without lights to complete games in April and the beginning of May.

Plenty of teams with lights also to get games out the way sooner. Teams with lights played midweek games during the light nights for example.

The difference with our pyramid and the pyramid down south is we have too many pacifist and people dont want to move with the times up here.

Would it be fair to say that Rutherglen Glencairn are happy to put the work in and take the licensing money, get themselves in the Senior Scottish Cup? Surely they wouldn't pick and choose when they are assigned midweek games especially when they are having success in the Scottish Junior Cup and have a facility which allows them to play midweek fixtures in the winter.

This is where I believe the fixtures man is required to have foresight and pencil in midweek matches. Five of the teams in the First Division have been hampered by the Scottish Junior Cup. Shotts Bon Accord and Rutherglen Glencairn got to the last eight minimum and Gartcairn the last sixteen. That is a minimum of four match days that have been affected by a competition that not ALL the stakeholders compete in.

Don't hit me with the "we treat it the same as the other cups" nonsense. You said that has only recently been voted through, so why not pencil in more midweek games in the winter months?

Ah, that's where I've been failing. I should have looked at my crystal ball and put in midweek games to cover games that have not yet been postponed.

Origins and Uses of the Crystal Ball

19 minutes ago, MickGarvey said:

As mentioned previously, we played four midweek games in total last season. Two in the winter (November and January, both at home) and two in May (one at home and one away).

We did not choose when we played these games, they were scheduled by the Fixture Secretary the same as every other club.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make with your first sentence about licensing.

18 minutes ago, MickGarvey said:

Sorry Kennie.

The first those games would be ok would be on  Monday 17th April with a 6:45 PM KO. Giving you 4 midweeks to play all outstanding postponements.

If all Divisions were meant to finish at the same time and by 6th May, I'd really love it if you could tell me how it would be achieved.

Guest MickGarvey
25 minutes ago, Kennie said:

Ah, that's where I've been failing. I should have looked at my crystal ball and put in midweek games to cover games that have not yet been postponed.

Origins and Uses of the Crystal Ball

Kennie, your are an intelligent person.

If a matchday is impacted by a cup competition, put a midweek game in. Simple, no need for your pictures or gif's. It makes you look immature and incapable of having an adult discussion.

19 minutes ago, glensmad said:

As mentioned previously, we played four midweek games in total last season. Two in the winter (November and January, both at home) and two in May (one at home and one away).

We did not choose when we played these games, they were scheduled by the Fixture Secretary the same as every other club.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make with your first sentence about licensing.

I can't understand what your finding difficult to comprehend about my sentence. I suggested you wouldnt mind playing midweek games having went to all the trouble to achieve licensing and the cost for floodlights? Is that not the case.

17 minutes ago, Kennie said:

The first those games would be ok would be on  Monday 17th April with a 6:45 PM KO. Giving you 4 midweeks to play all outstanding postponements.

If all Divisions were meant to finish at the same time and by 6th May, I'd really love it if you could tell me how it would be achieved.

The only Division which couldnt be completed before the 27th was the Third Division. Why extend them all, when only one was required to be extended? Or was that part of the plan to make sure everyone felt equal? The Premier League was a 30 team league as was the First and Second Division. If the Premier can be completed by 13th May, why couldn't the First and Second? From the beginning of April until the 13th May there was 13 matchdays (Saturday and Wednesday). Name me one team in the First and Second Division who couldnt complete there fixtures in that timeframe?

I've highlighted and underlined this particular question because as history will confirm some of you are incapable of an adult discussion around a topic. You will brush over several good points because it doesnt suit your argument. Just answer the above question and that will be enough for me.

On 03/07/2023 at 21:48, Johnstonian said:

Curious as to what makes you think Renfrew will go down?

Lost there big striker to Beith & out with that when I watched them last year they didn't impress me. Also Burgh beat Shotts at Keanie park 2-1 when gaining promotion from the conference.

6 minutes ago, MickGarvey said:

Kennie, your are an intelligent person.

If a matchday is impacted by a cup competition, put a midweek game in. Simple, no need for your pictures or gif's. It makes you look immature and incapable of having an adult discussion.

I can't understand what your finding difficult to comprehend about my sentence. I suggested you wouldnt mind playing midweek games having went to all the trouble to achieve licensing and the cost for floodlights? Is that not the case.

The only Division which couldnt be completed before the 27th was the Third Division. Why extend them all, when only one was required to be extended? Or was that part of the plan to make sure everyone felt equal? The Premier League was a 30 team league as was the First and Second Division. If the Premier can be completed by 13th May, why couldn't the First and Second? From the beginning of April until the 13th May there was 13 matchdays (Saturday and Wednesday). Name me one team in the First and Second Division who couldnt complete there fixtures in that timeframe?

I've highlighted and underlined this particular question because as history will confirm some of you are incapable of an adult discussion around a topic. You will brush over several good points because it doesnt suit your argument. Just answer the above question and that will be enough for me.

I count 4 questions.

Which one is it?

3 minutes ago, The nameless tim said:

Lost there big striker to Beith & out with that when I watched them last year they didn't impress me. Also Burgh beat Shotts at Keanie park 2-1 when gaining promotion from the conference.

Cheers. They still won their league with a bit to spare and are normally a useful side.

Regards Shotts, I was meaning seeing Burgh win at Hannah Park as I’ve seen us beat SBA at Keanie Park and memorably in the semi of the Scottish in 2000 at Love St 😁👍🏼

11 minutes ago, MickGarvey said:

I suggested you wouldnt mind playing midweek games having went to all the trouble to achieve licensing and the cost for floodlights? Is that not the case.

We don't mind playing midweek games when there are no alternative Saturday dates available.

Guest MickGarvey
53 minutes ago, Kennie said:

I count 4 questions.

Which one is it?

Ask a question, with another question to avoid answering the questions within the paragraph.

Happy to predict that you will not answer the questions within said paragraph.

49 minutes ago, glensmad said:

We don't mind playing midweek games when there are no alternative Saturday dates available.

Does this mean if a club doesnt wish to play a midweek fixture they can just decline provided you can provide an alternative date?

It looks like the tail wags the dog.

The league should demand that the fixtures are played on the dates they set, not at the clubs convenience. If in the event of "floodlight failure" then the next available midweek (a fortnight afterwards to allow everyone time to get their ducks in a row) should be assigned that fixture. Easy fixed, I'll accept an invoice for my services.

2 minutes ago, MickGarvey said:

If in the event of "floodlight failure" then the next available midweek (a fortnight afterwards to allow everyone time to get their ducks in a row) should be assigned that fixture.

And that's exactly what happened.

18 minutes ago, MickGarvey said:

Ask a question, with another question to avoid answering the questions within the paragraph.

Happy to predict that you will not answer the questions within said paragraph.

Does this mean if a club doesnt wish to play a midweek fixture they can just decline provided you can provide an alternative date?

It looks like the tail wags the dog.

The league should demand that the fixtures are played on the dates they set, not at the clubs convenience. If in the event of "floodlight failure" then the next available midweek (a fortnight afterwards to allow everyone time to get their ducks in a row) should be assigned that fixture. Easy fixed, I'll accept an invoice for my services.

Should you not be sending an invoice?

More time thinking, less time writing please.

Guest MickGarvey
26 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Should you not be sending an invoice?

More time thinking, less time writing please.

I knew you wouldnt let me down Mr Baxter. 

To elaborate, your all so much more intelligent than me, that you should be charging me for not only the privilege of your intellect, but helping you to highlight how unintelligent anyone out with the Auchinleck Talbot support is, and of course the West of Scotland Football League Committee or those who may find themselves as a representative of the West of Scotland Football League committee.

Anyway, instead of answering the questions which, people who can think for themselves understand its time for me to move on and go back to Lego.. or was it Crayons?

All the very best! Its been fun.

Edited by MickGarvey

4 hours ago, MickGarvey said:

I knew you wouldnt let me down Mr Baxter. 

To elaborate, your all so much more intelligent than me, that you should be charging me for not only the privilege of your intellect, but helping you to highlight how unintelligent anyone out with the Auchinleck Talbot support is, and of course the West of Scotland Football League Committee or those who may find themselves as a representative of the West of Scotland Football League committee.

Anyway, instead of answering the questions which, people who can think for themselves understand its time for me to move on and go back to Lego.. or was it Crayons?

All the very best! Its been fun.

See You Goodbye GIF by TRT