Germany 2024

invergowrie arab

What’s the predicted number of loyalty points needed for SSC members to get a ticket for a game in Germany?

Someone did a brilliant post a while ago and I think they reckoned there would be a good chance for all members to get a ticket? 

I booked up a while back. Already had a couple of places cancel on me when they've realised the dates and money they can charge but I've now booked an AirBnB in Berlin for 3 weeks and messaged the guy to confirm it's during the euros and he didn't seem to care as he just rents his own place out while he fucks off in his camper van every summer.

If Scotland qualify and end up nowhere near I'll just jump on the train to wherever we are.

We need to be thinking about winning the group now. The seeding pots for the finals are based on qualifying rankings so there’s a huge incentive to win the group and improve your chances to make it past the first round

Pot 1 - Best 5 group winners + Germany

Pot 2 - Worst 5 group winners and best runner up

Pot 3 - 2nd to 7th best runners up

Pot 4 - Worst 3 runners up and all 3 playoff winners 

Edited by Donathan

5 minutes ago, Donathan said:

We need to be thinking about winning the group now. The seeding pots for the finals are based on qualifying rankings so there’s a huge incentive to win the group and improve your chances to make it past the first round

Pot 1 - Best 6 group winners

Pot 2 - Worst 4 group winners and best 2 runners up

Pot 3 - 3rd to 8th best runners up

Pot 4 - Worst 2 runners up and all 4 playoff winners 

Pot 1 will be 5 best winners no? Germany wil be pot 1 as hosts.

13 hours ago, Andershen said:

What’s the predicted number of loyalty points needed for SSC members to get a ticket for a game in Germany?

Someone did a brilliant post a while ago and I think they reckoned there would be a good chance for all members to get a ticket? 

I canny work out how the points works.  It says I have 8 just now but I presume that will be 11 as I have tickets for the 3 remaining home games this year.   

24 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I canny work out how the points works.  It says I have 8 just now but I presume that will be 11 as I have tickets for the 3 remaining home games this year.   

As long as none of the next 3 home games replace the ones that drop off from the last 10 fixtures then that would be right.

If we do qualify and everyone is fit and available, our 26 man squad for the finals could look like something along the lines off

Goalkeepers (3) - Angus Gunn, Craig Gordon and Zander Clark

Defenders (10) - Aaron Hickey, Nathan Patterson, Andy Robertson, Greg Taylor, Jack Hendry, Ryan Porteous, Kieran Tierney, John Souttar, Grant Hanley, Scott McKenna

Midfielders (7) - Callum McGregor, Scott McTominay, Billy Gilmour, Ryan Jack, Kenny McLean, John McGinn, Lewis Ferguson

Forwards (6) - Che Adams, Lyndon Dykes, Ryan Christie, Stuart Armstrong, Lawrence Shankland, Kevin Nisbet

Would leave the following on the outside looking in:

GKs Kelly and McCrorie

DFs Doig, Ralston, Cooper, Hyam, Halkett, Ramsay, Gallagher, Kingsley and McCrorie

MFs Turnbull and Fraser

FWs Brown and McKay

Shows the strength in depth we’ve got to have 15 players who’ve been around the squad in the past year that probably wouldn’t be on the plane as things stand. That’s not even accounting for any young players that might emerge over the next year like Doak or Hackney. 

41 minutes ago, Donathan said:

If we do qualify and everyone is fit and available, our 26 man squad for the finals could look like something along the lines off

Goalkeepers (3) - Angus Gunn, Craig Gordon and Zander Clark

Defenders (10) - Aaron Hickey, Nathan Patterson, Andy Robertson, Greg Taylor, Jack Hendry, Ryan Porteous, Kieran Tierney, John Souttar, Grant Hanley, Scott McKenna

Midfielders (7) - Callum McGregor, Scott McTominay, Billy Gilmour, Ryan Jack, Kenny McLean, John McGinn, Lewis Ferguson

Forwards (6) - Che Adams, Lyndon Dykes, Ryan Christie, Stuart Armstrong, Lawrence Shankland, Kevin Nisbet

Would leave the following on the outside looking in:

GKs Kelly and McCrorie

DFs Doig, Ralston, Cooper, Hyam, Halkett, Ramsay, Gallagher, Kingsley and McCrorie

MFs Turnbull and Fraser

FWs Brown and McKay

Shows the strength in depth we’ve got to have 15 players who’ve been around the squad in the past year that probably wouldn’t be on the plane as things stand. That’s not even accounting for any young players that might emerge over the next year like Doak or Hackney. 

I think you take Cooper all day. Clarke has spoken of his incalculable value to the squad when he's there, even if he doesn't play.

3 hours ago, Donathan said:

Pot 1 - Best 5 group winners + Germany

Pot 2 - Worst 5 group winners and best runner up

Pot 3 - 2nd to 7th best runners up

Pot 4 - Worst 3 runners up and all 3 playoff winners 

Thanks for explaining this, I was trying and failing to understand how the process works from wikipedia.

The next two games against Georgia and Cyprus both certainly seem very winnable from where we're sitting now, and if we can pull those off then I think we can basically consider the job of securing a top-two position complete and treat the last 3 games as a mini-campaign for first place. 

It still feels a little unbelievable to be contemplating a top-seed entry to a major tournament, but if we can keep up this form there's no reason at all we can't do it.

Roll on Tuesday.

Edited by Kevin Finnerty

15 hours ago, Andershen said:

Based on previous euros, each team gets 16% of the tickets to sell directly to their supporters.

Largest stadium: Berlin 74,461 capacity. 16% = 11,913 allocation

Smallest stadium: Leipzig 42,959 capacity. 16% = 6873 allocation

As it stands, 11 points would guarantee you a ticket for Berlin and 12 would guarantee you for Leipzig. Obviously that may all change with games being added and dropping off. With the small size of away allocations recently and the number of match packages being sold, I can see there being 1000s on the 10/11 point mark when the time comes. Would be surprised if it drops much below that.

UEFA also have a sizeable allocation which they sell to the general public through a ballot, both before and after the teams are known so there’s an opportunity there too.

That’s if we do actually qualify 😅

35 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Based on previous euros, each team gets 16% of the tickets to sell directly to their supporters.

Largest stadium: Berlin 74,461 capacity. 16% = 11,913 allocation

Smallest stadium: Leipzig 42,959 capacity. 16% = 6873 allocation

As it stands, 11 points would guarantee you a ticket for Berlin and 12 would guarantee you for Leipzig. Obviously that may all change with games being added and dropping off. With the small size of away allocations recently and the number of match packages being sold, I can see there being 1000s on the 10/11 point mark when the time comes. Would be surprised if it drops much below that.

UEFA also have a sizeable allocation which they sell to the general public through a ballot, both before and after the teams are known so there’s an opportunity there too.

That’s if we do actually qualify 😅

I'm a ten pointer like you mentioned. I'm assuming Georgia, Cyprus and Spain will be a no go for away tickets at my level?

I bought season tickets so I'm assuming my points for each game are added afterwards and not at the point of buying the season ticket? Trying to work out how many points I'll be on come the Euros assuming I can only get home tickets