Germany 2024

invergowrie arab

Georgia will drop down, probably even get to 0 points. France will drop down the points too since it's a friendly. Cyprus went to 0 last time round and Spain the venue isn't confirmed.

I think the euros will drop much further than some expect too. 

Edited by Pie Of The Month

58 minutes ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

I'm a ten pointer like you mentioned. I'm assuming Georgia, Cyprus and Spain will be a no go for away tickets at my level?

I bought season tickets so I'm assuming my points for each game are added afterwards and not at the point of buying the season ticket? Trying to work out how many points I'll be on come the Euros assuming I can only get home tickets 

Hard to say. There’ll only be so many who travel to Georgia and Cyprus have a decent size ground with a poor home support so we should get a big allocation. No clue regarding Spain, it’ll be popular but the venue hasn’t even been announced yet.

All points are allocated after the game takes place.

Hotels booked in Düsseldorf for 2 weeks and one in Berlin for 2 weeks. Looked at booking Munich as well but hotels are already fairly pricey, so will look at Stuttgart instead. Free cancellation or amendment, so will change the bookings to suit fixtures if/when Scotland qualify and the draw is done. If we don’t qualify I’ll be going over for a week or so anyway so will plan something round that. 

For those talking about points required for various games I've been sad enough to put together this for people to get an idea of the points normally required depending on the opposition and allocation.

image.png.c80360823148aa4fcac96fabcb3b8216.png

I think we  moved from the old 1 point for away games - 10 points max system to the current system between Slovenia and Hungary in 17/18 but not 100% sure on that one.

On 18/06/2023 at 06:01, Pie Of The Month said:

I booked up a while back. Already had a couple of places cancel on me when they've realised the dates and money they can charge but I've now booked an AirBnB in Berlin for 3 weeks and messaged the guy to confirm it's during the euros and he didn't seem to care as he just rents his own place out while he fucks off in his camper van every summer.

If Scotland qualify and end up nowhere near I'll just jump on the train to wherever we are.

This.

There is something to be said for booking somewhere central and holiday ready, and then getting the train to matches on the day...with or without a ticket.

Interrail Germany Pass is worth a look

22 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

For those talking about points required for various games I've been sad enough to put together this for people to get an idea of the points normally required depending on the opposition and allocation.

image.png.c80360823148aa4fcac96fabcb3b8216.png

I think we  moved from the old 1 point for away games - 10 points max system to the current system between Slovenia and Hungary in 17/18 but not 100% sure on that one.

Might regret all these posts in about 4 hours time, but with stadia holding 50-60 000 what share would countries expect to get from UEFA? 

I was a member for around 25 years and let it slide about 8 years ago.

6 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Might regret all these posts in about 4 hours time, but with stadia holding 50-60 000 what share would countries expect to get from UEFA? 

I was a member for around 25 years and let it slide about 8 years ago.

Just noticed post on page 1, so answered. No point in re-joining with those numbers.

Edited by SouthLanarkshireWhite

3 minutes ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

This is the most confident I have ever been in my life that we will qualify for a tournament. It's happening, just a case of when.

What's the earliest point we can officially qualify and what results need to happen for that to happen?

If we beat Cyprus and Spain beat Georgia on Friday 8th September, we’ll qualify with a Norway-Georgia draw on Tuesday 12th. 

That Norway-Georgia game kicks off at the same time as our friendly with England so there could be a strange scenario where we are playing but all eyes are on Oslo.

In any case, if we beat Cyprus then Norway would need to beat Georgia to retain any chance of catching us and Georgia would need at least two points from Spain (H) and Norway (A) to have any chance of catching us, so even if we aren’t officially qualified in September we’ll have a good idea of which teams we need to worry about and which are out the running. 

The most likely scenario IMO for the next set of games is that we beat Cyprus and Georgia fold like a pack of cards, losing to both Spain and Norway. The Spaniards should also beat Cyprus.

If that was to be the case then we’d qualify in October either with:

1) We win in Spain

2) Norway lose or draw at home to Spain