Germany 2024

invergowrie arab

On 10/07/2023 at 11:36, LondonHMFC said:

Frankfurt is a fucking hole. It is easily up there with one of the worst places I have been. 

As mentioned, Dusseldorf is absolutely superb, and a decent location to get to other places in the country. 

Had been to Frankfurt a few times and wouldn't have massively disagreed with you. But was there last weekend and went more to the south and east of the station and was a lot better than I remember. Although I also wasn't massively impressed with Dusseldorf so we're maybe just different! (totally agree on location though).

18 minutes ago, Donathan said:

A decade on from being the first European side to be eliminated from World Cup qualifying contention, it would be fitting if we are the first team (apart from hosts Germany) to qualify for the euros.

As mentioned on other threads we can wrap it up in September with a win in Cyprus, Spain beat Georgia and Norway draw with Georgia.

If we win in Cyprus but Georgia lose both September games then we can clinch in October with either a win in Spain, Norway lose to Spain or both games are draws.

Otherwise it goes to November and we’ll need something at home to Norway or in Georgia.

If my calculations are right France are the only other team who can clinch in September, but they’d either need Greece to drop points in Gibraltar or Netherlands to fail to beat BOTH Greece home and Ireland away 

In your October scenario we could lose to Spain and still qualify in October with a draw between Norway and Spain, we wouldn't need both games to be draws. We'd be 4 ahead of Norway with them only having a game left to play if we lose to Spain and then Norway draw with Spain.

Also England can qualify in September but it probably needs North Macedonia dropping points to Malta.

11 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

In your October scenario we could lose to Spain and still qualify in October with a draw between Norway and Spain, we wouldn't need both games to be draws. We'd be 4 ahead of Norway with them only having a game left to play if we lose to Spain and then Norway draw with Spain.

Also England can qualify in September but it probably needs North Macedonia dropping points to Malta.

Ah yes you’re right. In the England group I was calculating that Italy and Ukraine can both still get to 15 points if they lose both games in September, but ignoring the fact that they have each other to play so it would be impossible for both to separately get to 15. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Donathan said:

Wonder if this drama with the Spanish FA will prove helpful to us. They might struggle to find enough players willing to play. 

Real Betis striker Borja Iglesias has stated he won't play while Rubiales remains in his job. He looked shite at Hampden so that probably works against us in his particular case. Hopefully more follow.

I am sad and disappointed. As a footballer and as a person I don't feel represented by what happened today in the Ciudad del Futbol de Las Rozas. I find it unfortunate that they continue to press and focus on a colleague. Wearing the Spanish National Team shirt is one of the greatest things that has happened to me in my career. I don't know if at some point I will be an option again, but I have made the decision not to return to the National Team until things change and this type of act does not go unpunished. For a fairer, more humane and decent football.

Borja Iglesias

https://www.goal.com/en/lists/spain-striker-borja-iglesias-boycott-national-team-protest-luis-rubiales-refusing-resign/bltb0789cf105bbc905#csc0bead87553a9e1d

• 2 weeks later...

Ticket prices announced for the group games.

Opening Game: Category 1 - €900 Category 2 - €600 Category 3 - €400 Category 4 - €195 Category 5 - €50

Other group games: Category 1 - €400 Category 2 - €200 Category 3 - €150 Category 4 - €60 Category 5 - €30

F5a8O6VWMAA4Uzj?format=jpg&name=large

38 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Opening Game: Category 1 - €900 Category 2 - €600 Category 3 - €400 Category 4 - €195 Category 5 - €50

Other group games: Category 1 - €400 Category 2 - €200 Category 3 - €150 Category 4 - €60 Category 5 - €30

Thanks. What does 'view seats' show you when you click it?

Just now, Gordopolis said:

Thanks. What does 'view seats' show you when you click it?

Looks like UEFA put the page up too early as they pulled it before you could access anything further.

https://www.uefa.com/euro2024/ticketing/ticket-prices/

is just showing up a 404 error now.

2 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Did they show any of the later rounds prices before the page disappeared?

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Did they show any of the later rounds prices before the page disappeared?

It listed all of them but I didn't get any screenshots and it was gone before I could get any more info, the screenshot above was taken from twitter.

Final prices are below

375173104_10161822211028357_870544042066

6 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

It listed all of them but I didn't get any screenshots and it was gone before I could get any more info, the screenshot above was taken from twitter.

Final prices are below

375173104_10161822211028357_870544042066

Cheers, found another screenshot..

screenshot-2023-09-07-231730-png.244694

19 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Cheers, found another screenshot..

screenshot-2023-09-07-231730-png.244694

Truly “the people’s game” ffs

They really are taking the piss

Saying that I’ll cough up whatever it takes and I can see us making inroads for the first time into the depths of the knockout stage

I won’t say what I’m really thinking except for one word

Greece

Edited by MarkoP