Germany 2024

invergowrie arab

14 minutes ago, reidster78 said:

Also sent a question on that. I've applied for 3 games in cologne.  

Would the SSC tickets go via SFA website and not Uefa site? If so, can't see the SFA being able to cross ref with Uefa. Also surely would need to be via SFA for points verification? 

Minefield! 

SSC tickets go via UEFA's site. You get emailed a unique access code by the SFA to be able to buy tickets from UEFA for the Scotland allocation if you have enough points.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

6 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

SSC tickets go via UEFA's site. You get emailed a unique access code by the SFA to be able to buy tickets from UEFA for the Scotland allocation if you have enough points.

Cheers. Looks like I'll be cancelling my ballot requests! 😂 

Edited by reidster78

55 minutes ago, reidster78 said:

Also sent a question on that. I've applied for 3 games in cologne.  

Would the SSC tickets go via SFA website and not Uefa site? If so, can't see the SFA being able to cross ref with Uefa. Also surely would need to be via SFA for points verification? 

Minefield! 

I got this not very helpful reply:

Since the fixtures for the tournament will be known on the 2nd of December, in this initial application phase it is not possible to apply for matches played by specific teams. You can only apply for tickets based on the dates and venues that are more convenient for you.

Following the final tournament draw on 2nd of December 2023, a new ticket sales phase will take place. At that time, you will be able to apply for Group Stage matches based on the qualified teams.

As for Knock-out Stage matches, tickets for a specific qualified team will be sold at a later time.   Please note that you can participate in all the different sales phases for the general public.

Maybe best asking the SSC to enquire on your behalf. My personal opinion is that tickets through the SSC will be treated separately from public sales, they said last time that tickets would be non transferable but they made it incredibly easy to do so on the app. But I fully understand people not wanting to take the risk without knowing for sure. 

3 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

How does it work for those on the threshhold for having enough points? Do UEFA operate a "window" to use your code in the same way?

Also, and a difficult question given that we've never been involved in a knockout game, do these operate in the same manner just in a very tight timescale after group stages games?

Apologies for all the questions!

Just now, Virtual Insanity said:

How does it work for those on the threshhold for having enough points? Do UEFA operate a "window" to use your code in the same way?

Also, and a difficult question given that we've never been involved in a knockout game, do these operate in the same manner just in a very tight timescale after group stages games?

Apologies for all the questions!

Similar to how it works right now with the sales schedule they send out for away games they'll have a time and date where the points drop down and you become eligible to buy. If it's like last time you'll get an email from the SSC well in advance with your unique code to access the UEFA ticket portal so it's really just the same as how it works right now but using UEFA's website to buy your tickets rather than the SFA's.

I can't imagine knockouts working any differently tbh, just with tighter timescales involved like you suggest.

I've got zero points so have banged in requests for a game a day across the group stages in the North Rhine-Westphalia region. Will cost me nearly £2k if I get them all, but I doubt that. 2 or 3 if I'm lucky.

Hotel booked for Munster - cheap enough cos nobody else will be going there 😂

Don't take this as gospel, but hearing that having a public sale ticket and SSC ticket on the same day for different games won't be a problem so long as you sell back the public sale one on the resale hub before the tickets are issued to the app, which will be shortly before the tournament. 

P. S. This is third hand and definitely not from an official source. 

Edited by welshbairn

21 hours ago, ArabFC said:

I've got zero points so have banged in requests for a game a day across the group stages in the North Rhine-Westphalia region. Will cost me nearly £2k if I get them all, but I doubt that. 2 or 3 if I'm lucky.

Hotel booked for Munster - cheap enough cos nobody else will be going there 😂

A bit far from where the games are being played, hopefully the flights are cheap enough since Ireland aren’t likely to qualify.

IMO some people are getting a bit carried away with that "advice" about not having double ups, which is pretty obvious right?

A few options:

- Only apply for dates with single games on your main account (eg. M1, M49, M50, M51
- Either only make general sale ballot applications in other people's name.  

and/or

- When you end up with tickets later through the SSC, use the unique code on an account different to your own should you already have a match that day to purchase that game.  

2 hours ago, Juan Mata said:

IMO some people are getting a bit carried away with that "advice" about not having double ups, which is pretty obvious right?

A few options:

- Only apply for dates with single games on your main account (eg. M1, M49, M50, M51
- Either only make general sale ballot applications in other people's name.  

and/or

- When you end up with tickets later through the SSC, use the unique code on an account different to your own should you already have a match that day to purchase that game.  

Would you have to be setting up different emails and addresses for each account when applying in someone else’s name? I am likely to be on 10/11 SSC points so slightly nervous for applying on the off chance I manage to sneak in on the SSC ballot.

Booked flights Glasgow > Frankfurt Sunday morning, returning Thursday night. £300. Taking my chances I’ll get a single bed in a hostel once the fixtures are set and I should get a train anywhere from Frankfurt (?). 

Will be keeping an eye on this thread for any tips.

What’s the worst that can happen?!

1 hour ago, JamieH1869 said:

Booked flights Glasgow > Frankfurt Sunday morning, returning Thursday night. £300. Taking my chances I’ll get a single bed in a hostel once the fixtures are set and I should get a train anywhere from Frankfurt (?). 

Will be keeping an eye on this thread for any tips.

What’s the worst that can happen?!

The worst that could happen is Scotland are drawn in group B play on the Saturday in Berlin and the Thursday in Gelsenkirchen and you see none of them.

1 minute ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Booked travel to get to West Germany Saturday 15th-Friday 21st. Think my mates have fucked it though by putting it off for so long despite my repeated attempts to get stuff booked, as accommodation in Cologne and Düsseldorf is incredibly limited now.

That'll be because folk are booking cancellable accommodation in multiple cities. When the draw is made, cancellations will take place and free up plenty of rooms.

23 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Booked travel to get to West Germany Saturday 15th-Friday 21st. Think my mates have fucked it though by putting it off for so long despite my repeated attempts to get stuff booked, as accommodation in Cologne and Düsseldorf is incredibly limited now.

Cologne and Dusseldorf has been very hard to get reasonably priced accommodation in since late June. I managed to very luckily get one week booked in Dusseldorf but had to get week 2 in Bonn, which is far cheaper but close enough to the Rhine/Ruhr stadiums that you can just travel on the day.