Georgia Away November 16th

5 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

It being November looks to have shafted us for some of the cheaper routes that seem to end in October. LOT from Warsaw wasn't too badly priced when I booked.

Aye it’s not looking great. £369 all in is the cheapest price I’ve found at the minute, although I haven’t actually done that much digging. 

Expecting "Why does it always rain on me?" to be sung for 45/90 minutes. Deduct 3pts if we don't (give them to Cyprus, just to wind the Georgians up)

Leaving some time in the budget for the SJM, McTominay, Germany, Germany (2) and general Scotland chants, of course.

46 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Tiblisi is great apart from the fitba we have displayed, but sadly doesn't look like it's going to be there

Any reason why it doesn't look like being there? There has been a few Batumi games recently but Spain in September is back in Tbilisi.

I'm out of pocket moving my flight home if they choose anywhere but Tbilisi so I've got a vested interest in their choice. :lol:

1 hour ago, ClydeTon said:

Expecting "Why does it always rain on me?" to be sung for 45/90 minutes. Deduct 3pts if we don't (give them to Cyprus, just to wind the Georgians up)

Leaving some time in the budget for the SJM, McTominay, Germany, Germany (2) and general Scotland chants, of course.

Surely 'Rainy Night In Georgia', no ?

5 hours ago, steeleboat said:

Has the venue been confirmed for this? 

Wikipedia listing it as Tbilisi.

Believe they played their early qualifying games in Batumi because they’re hosting the U21 Euros in Georgia and the stadium in Tbilisi had some work getting done to it for the game.

So if that’s true they should be back at their normal stadium by November.

We've booked Edin -> Copenhagen -> Istanbul -> Tbilisi for the way there and the same for the way back albeit to Vienna instead, came in at £300 odd which is pretty good considering.

Really fancy this as somewhere different and probably a once in a lifetime thing as can’t see me going again, looks incredibly affordable once you arrive too, booked a decent sized house for 5 nights for £70 or so each for three of us.

If the games in Batumi shouldn’t be too difficult to get across and back I hope.

6 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

If the games in Batumi shouldn’t be too difficult to get across and back I hope.

Hate to bring bad news…it’s not great. Train is cheap enough (as you’d expect), but is about 6 hours long or something. Is what it is, I guess, and at least there is a way between both cities. 

10 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Any reason why it doesn't look like being there? There has been a few Batumi games recently but Spain in September is back in Tbilisi.

I'm out of pocket moving my flight home if they choose anywhere but Tbilisi so I've got a vested interest in their choice. :lol:

Yeah I like Tiblisi but isn't the stadium getting upgraded? Hopefully not as I'll be going through Istanbul again 

8 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Yeah I like Tiblisi but isn't the stadium getting upgraded? Hopefully not as I'll be going through Istanbul again 

I believe it was getting upgraded for the euro u21 championship but that's being played right now so I'd assume the work is complete now. 

On 22/06/2023 at 07:20, PSJ.84 said:

Hate to bring bad news…it’s not great. Train is cheap enough (as you’d expect), but is about 6 hours long or something. Is what it is, I guess, and at least there is a way between both cities. 

Thanks for the information on this, not ideal but manageable given our flight times.

Hopefully the chat I’ve heard is right and it’s in Tbilisi.

Edited by Les Cabbage

2 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

Thanks for the information on this, not ideal but manageable given our flight times.

Hopefully the chat I’ve heard is right and it’s in Tbilisi.

Hope so too. Cost of flights to Batumi isn’t very appealing. 

• 3 weeks later...

There’s a thread in the travel forum offering a direct flight from Glasgow leaving the day before and returning the day after. A bit pricey but not much more than the alternatives with changes on route both ways, and possible stopovers. 

• 4 weeks later...