#Barclays 24/25

Cheese

This "best team ever" stuff in the radio and the papers is mince. I reckon they would fold like a pack of cards against an early Wenger Arsenal team or one of Fergie's Man U teams. 

10 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

This "best team ever" stuff in the radio and the papers is mince. I reckon they would fold like a pack of cards against an early Wenger Arsenal team or one of Fergie's Man U teams. 

I don’t think this would be the case at all. They are a superb team despite being cheating c***s. Barcelona 2011 are the best team of all time though.

Just now, throbber said:

I don’t think this would be the case at all. They are a superb team despite being cheating c***s. Barcelona 2011 are the best team of all time though.

I reckon the 2002/3 Arsenal team would pump them ragged. 

3 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I don’t think either the Arsenal 2002 team or the current Man City team would get pumped ragged off anyone tbf. 

Arsenal early 00’s, Chelsea mid to late 00’s and Man Utd in 2008 are the best sides the league has seen outwith the current city set up. 

1 hour ago, SH Panda said:

Not really, this exact same chat was coming out when they had a frontline of Carroll, Dafoe and Sturridge.

The CL is clearly the pinnacle of elite football, Saka and Rice have achieved nothing at that level and Foden was benched for the final last year.

Bellingham is doing it this year, but he is with Real Madrid - they are the kings of Europe.

The league itself had one of its worst European performances in living memory.

Squad wise France is where it's at again, they could have named two squads with a good chance of winning the tournament.

England is second tier (an improvement on where they were 10 years ago).

Well said mate. You forgot about Danny Welbeck as well you can add him. Rubbish! 😂👍

Capture.PNG.94775ee0ca588897ce0d153d49b9e145.PNG

England are 3/1 to win Euros and France 7/2 on William Hill. I don’t think there’s much between England and France but England are far better than Spain,Germany and Portugal imo. There’s a good chance they’ll win the tournament and I am ok with it now.

40 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Arsenal came second that season with 78 points. They got put out the Champions League at the second group stage, only winning one game.  I think you're maybe applying a bit of nostalgia.

2 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Arsenal came second that season with 78 points. They got put out the Champions League at the second group stage, only winning one game.  I think you're maybe applying a bit of nostalgia.

No, I reckon in a single match, team v team, Arsenal would win. 

Man City would win the league of course, but the strength of that Arsenal team would take the game. 

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

England are 3/1 to win Euros and France 7/2 on William Hill. I don’t think there’s much between England and France but England are far better than Spain,Germany and Portugal imo. There’s a good chance they’ll win the tournament and I am ok with it now.

England are always going to be shorter odds due to home bias, England fans are going to back their own team so drive the odds down. Bookies don't necessarily think that England will win it.

The good news for us is that it keeps prices a bit higher for other teams than they should be though I also think they are in with a chance. 

1 minute ago, scottsdad said:

No, I reckon in a single match, team v team, Arsenal would win. 

Man City would win the league of course, but the strength of that Arsenal team would take the game. 

I don't think even Arsene Wenger would claim that, but the game's all about opinions Gerry. 

4 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

England are always going to be shorter odds due to home bias, England fans are going to back their own team so drive the odds down. Bookies don't necessarily think that England will win it.

The good news for us is that it keeps prices a bit higher for other teams than they should be though I also think they are in with a chance. 

Yeah I get that but apart from France I don’t fancy any team to beat England.

Scotland are at 100/1 which I don’t think is right due to the qualifying campaign we had. Think 50/1 would be fair on par with turkey and slightly behind Denmark .

3 hours ago, eindhovendee said:

I remember getting stupid odds on them not to qualify out of their group at the 2014 World Cup. They were quite heavy odds-on to qualify despite being in a group with Italy and Uruguay (plus Costa Rica who did actually qualify).

This was back when they were really pish as well. Just the effect of everyone having a wee punt on Engerland.

16 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

Why does he wear a cap everywhere? Has his hair transplant regressed that badly that it needs to be covered up in public at all times? 

Worried in case his progressive fraudulence condition is spotted by potential suitors