#Barclays 24/25

Wee-Bey

The seethe on social media is fantastic over the grealish thing , I honestly think that half of them think he was about 2 yards from goal and not about 5 yards over the half way line when the ref blew his whistle 🤣

You heard it here first Barclays men and women.

From 2025/26, Sky's unrivalled line-up of Premier League football will include:

At least 215 live games each season
All first pick matches, giving fans more of the best matches week in week out until May 2029
Super Sunday remains the flagship kick-off slot at 4.30pm
First and last word on a Premier League weekend with more live games on Fridays and Mondays
For the first time, all the final games on the last day of the season will be live in one place, creating a real moment for fans
And in another first, Sky Sports will now be able to offer multiple live matches on a number of weekends at Sunday 2pm
Most of the festive season fixtures, with Boxing Day Premier League football back on Sky

#Barclays

2 hours ago, eindhovendee said:

You heard it here first Barclays men and women.

From 2025/26, Sky's unrivalled line-up of Premier League football will include:

At least 215 live games each season
All first pick matches, giving fans more of the best matches week in week out until May 2029
Super Sunday remains the flagship kick-off slot at 4.30pm
First and last word on a Premier League weekend with more live games on Fridays and Mondays
For the first time, all the final games on the last day of the season will be live in one place, creating a real moment for fans
And in another first, Sky Sports will now be able to offer multiple live matches on a number of weekends at Sunday 2pm
Most of the festive season fixtures, with Boxing Day Premier League football back on Sky

#Barclays

Saturday 3pm kick offs in the Barclays walking a very sure path to the bin. Every weekend will be a long weekend of football, but how long will it be until we see EPL games on most nights of the week? I assume Sky would very much like that

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Saturday 3pm kick offs in the Barclays walking a very sure path to the bin. Every weekend will be a long weekend of football, but how long will it be until we see EPL games on most nights of the week? I assume Sky would very much like that

The 3pm blackout will continue with this contract to 2029.

After that it might change but I doubt if Sky would push for that change as long as no other provider could show live games, the change would more likely by driven by the biggest clubs looking for more revenue from the far east etc.

There is also the chance that the government would intervene as the other English/Scottish leagues would likely complain as would other minority sports.

Sky is happy because they have all the first picks throughout the season, previously the middle third went to BT and the teams that have played in Europe such as the 2pm games yesterday will all now be live. Yesterday was West Ham v Palace only.

They've also increased the number of live games from 128 Premiership to 215 so a huge increase in advertising revenues and also in subscriptions which is an enormous amount of money.

When you look that Sky paid £304m in 1992 for a 5 year deal (around £770m in today's money) and now a 4 year deal costs £6.7 billion you can see there must be money to be made.

6 hours ago, eindhovendee said:

The 3pm blackout will continue with this contract to 2029.

After that it might change but I doubt if Sky would push for that change as long as no other provider could show live games, the change would more likely by driven by the biggest clubs looking for more revenue from the far east etc.

There is also the chance that the government would intervene as the other English/Scottish leagues would likely complain as would other minority sports.

Sky is happy because they have all the first picks throughout the season, previously the middle third went to BT and the teams that have played in Europe such as the 2pm games yesterday will all now be live. Yesterday was West Ham v Palace only.

They've also increased the number of live games from 128 Premiership to 215 so a huge increase in advertising revenues and also in subscriptions which is an enormous amount of money.

When you look that Sky paid £304m in 1992 for a 5 year deal (around £770m in today's money) and now a 4 year deal costs £6.7 billion you can see there must be money to be made.

Yeah the blackout will remain, but my point is, it will affect less and less games. They will simply spread it out all through thr week even more so than they are currently doing. 

I guess they literally have to if increasing the number of live games. 

21 hours ago, DrewDon said:

image.thumb.png.3e33ce151d43ff5f1b8f2c82c2bdc17b.png

Rashford is "bored shitless" going to work for the Dutchman every day. 

I assume Keysey is talking about the same "Xavi" Alonso who's top level managerial experience amounts to a couple of years in charge of Real Socidad's and just over a year at Leverkusen (where he is doing well TBF). 

In fact, reading that back it seems like exactly the sort of appointment the daft b*****ds in charge of Man United would chuck "Saudi league money" at. 

1 minute ago, Ron Aldo said:

I assume Keysey is talking about the same "Xavi" Alonso who's top level managerial experience amounts to a couple of years in charge of Real Socidad's and just over a year at Leverkusen (where he is doing well TBF). 

In fact, reading that back it seems like exactly the sort of appointment the daft b*****ds in charge of Man United would chuck "Saudi league money" at. 

Exactly the sort of appointment folk like him would slaughter them for aswell tbh. Give it Class of 92 till end of season IMO

8 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Exactly the sort of appointment folk like him would slaughter them for aswell tbh. Give it Class of 92 till end of season IMO

He'll be much happier with brexity Chris Wilder from the British Managers club rather than one of those foreign sorts in the #Barclays.

Edited by jagfox

11 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah the blackout will remain, but my point is, it will affect less and less games. They will simply spread it out all through thr week even more so than they are currently doing. 

I guess they literally have to if increasing the number of live games. 

Are there that many more non-Saturday games in the deal? They're just talking about televising all the 2pm Sunday games featuring teams thar played in Europe on the Thursday and the end of season games, aren't they? So they wouldn't have been on a Saturday anyway.

26 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

The baldest man in the league has decided he doesn’t want certain outlets at a press conference. Good on him I think, for too long has the Manchester Evening News lorded it over a once great club. 

His sacking is going to be a long drawn out affair unless ineos bloke makes a decision on Monday when he gets the 25% share 

1 minute ago, MazzyStar said:

He’ll need more than 25% before he can start sacking managers, you’d think? 

He can't just decide to sack anyone presumably, but with his two seats on the board he does provide a useful "new broom" moment on which they hang a few decisions that otherwise just seem like continuity of utter incompetence.....