#Barclays 24/25

Cheese

Just now, peasy23 said:

Fair play to Nunez for celebrating that like he had scored a 30 yard screamer.

I had the sound off and missed the goal in live play, looked up and all I could see was him celebrating thinking he had scored a belter. Made the howler even funnier when the replay came up.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

He also knew, after the fact, that Cole Palmer was going to score there. 

A very bold statement to say about someone who’s just scored their dozenth penalty of the season.

I love Barclays midweek games in late spring between two big clubs having a shite season. You always get some mad games, like that Chelsea - Arsenal game a few years ago, Liverpool 4-4 Arsenal. This has the same feel about it. 

4 hours ago, velo army said:

Aye I watched this the other day. I didn't agree with Alfie's conclusions and I don't think that the game being more popular than ever (in terms of people watching it) can be used as a great argument in favour of the game being more exciting considering a lot of these fans will be new and have no connection to the way the game used to be played. 

Anyway, I was thinking about trophies and wondering how much it is worth it to guys like Grealish. I have a feeling that, years from now, Grealish might regret giving up the expression of his truest footballing gifts  in exchange for some medals. It might seem heady now, but people will soon forget him. He may be one of those players from the wrong era.

Obviously it's best that England's best players don't fulfil their potential, but I can't help myself here because my footballing aestheticism and romanticism trumps petty rivalry. I'd love to see him move to a team on the continent where he gets to be the creative magician that we know he can be. 

Have a word with yourself.

13 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

I love Barclays midweek games in late spring between two big clubs having a shite season. You always get some mad games, like that Chelsea - Arsenal game a few years ago, Liverpool 4-4 Arsenal. This has the same feel about it. 

Telt ye man. 

Stick on 8+ goals before it's too late m

6 minutes ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

There's no chance Cole Palmer isn't a result of inbreeding. 

Think it's pretty much the exact opposite, one grandfather and father are black and he is mixed race though obviously is white.

12 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Chelsea would be 2 or 3 up if Caicedo didn’t pull a Caicedo.

100 million well spent.

Definitely seems like Liverpool got the pick of the Brighton raid.