#Barclays 24/25

Wee-Bey

As much as I despite Man City, that's absolutely the correct decision to award the goal. Silva does bump Sa but Sa's not coming for the corner, there's a clear gap between them at the point Stones heads the ball and Sa has a clear view of the ball the full time. He's never saving the header anyway and there's no way Silva is interfering. 

The main complaint Wolves have is the timing of the goal being pretty much the last kick. If that happens in the opening 10 minutes they've got a chance to get back in to the game

Just now, eez-eh said:

“He got the ball” does seem to now only work with goalies. In the middle of the pitch that’s probably a foul.

If they gave that then goalkeepers would need to be instructed not to go to ground ever. 

3 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

“He got the ball” does seem to now only work with goalies. In the middle of the pitch that’s probably a foul.

The keeper is entitled to hold his ground when he plays the ball. He didn't catch him with studs or lunge into the tackle so what has he done wrong?

Edited by Jim McLean's Ghost

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

If they gave that then goalkeepers would need to be instructed not to go to ground ever. 

Just now, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

The keeper is entitled to hold his ground when he plays the ball. He didn't catch him with studs or lunge into the tackle so what has he done wrong?

You’re doing an awful lot of inferring there. I don’t care that Liverpool didn’t get it after they’ve been chucking themselves about all first half, it’s just notable how differently those tackles are refereed when it a goalkeeper or someone else.

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

You’re doing an awful lot of inferring there. I don’t care that Liverpool didn’t get it after they’ve been chucking themselves about all first half, it’s just notable how differently those tackles are refereed when it a goalkeeper or someone else.

I don't think the keeper is getting preferential treatment. It is very rare you see an outfield player tackle like that where they want to keep their whole body in front of the player AND spread themselves into a low base.

If it is two out field players they would clash body to body. You see this a lot with wingers taking on full backs and usually the attacker is penalised for essentially barging through a legal tackle.

6 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I wasn't trying to be funny. Goalkeepers have always been allowed to slide in like that to take the ball. If they were to say that's a penalty after the GK clearly got the ball first then they'd have to change what GKs are allowed to do.