#Barclays 24/25

Cheese

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I know a lot of folk on here don't like Liverpool but surely they're the only realistic team that will challenge City this season? For that reason I wanted them to get something from the game, especially after Man City lost earlier.

Well City lost today as well, so they haven’t lost any ground at least. 

A Liverpool OG in the 90-odd minute of a match can never not be funny tbh. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Edited by Jambomo

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I know a lot of folk on here don't like Liverpool but surely they're the only realistic team that will challenge City this season? For that reason I wanted them to get something from the game, especially after Man City lost earlier.

I despise Liverpool more than City tbh. I also loathe Man Utd so long may their failures continue. I don't like City but they're still relatively new to this gloryhunting malarky. Maybe in 10 years or so I might truly despise them and forget how much I hate the red teams. 

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I despise Liverpool more than City tbh. I also loathe Man Utd so long may their failures continue. I don't like City but they're still relatively new to this gloryhunting malarky. Maybe in 10 years or so I might truly despise them and forget how much I hate the red teams. 

I’ve always wondered why Liverpool are so disliked on here - values wise they surely measure up (royal, Tory hating etc) more similarly to people on here than any other side! I’m obviously assuming no one takes that into account, but for me it’s probably my most liked place in England. Footballing wise having Doak and Robertson there helps too. 

3 hours ago, buchan30 said:

Only way spurs were going to score. Liverpool should never have been down to 10, stupid challenge by Jota, already on a yellow. The fact that he got a yellow for the spurs player tripping over their own feet is a bit of a joke. 

Are you trolling?

As clear a red card as you could get.

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I’ve always wondered why Liverpool are so disliked on here - values wise they surely measure up (royal, Tory hating etc) more similarly to people on here than any other side! I’m obviously assuming no one takes that into account, but for me it’s probably my most liked place in England. Footballing wise having Doak and Robertson there helps too. 

Liverpool as a city is fantastic. However when it comes to football Liverpool FC are the English version of Celtic and just as easy to dislike. 

Convinced that they're special (they're not, they're just a football club the same as everyone else), convinced that everyone in officialdom is against them (despite hunners of trophies to their name suggesting otherwise), and followed by an endless stream of glory hunters.

9 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

The club is the Celtic of England.

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Are you trolling?

As clear a red card as you could get.

I meant to say down to 9. The first one is a red, that i agree with. It’s the second one i would take issue with. On MOTD it looks like there is the slightest of contact, but it looks like the spurs player clips his own heels. 

1 minute ago, Uncle Psychosis said:

Liverpool as a city is fantastic. However when it comes to football Liverpool FC are the English version of Celtic and just as easy to dislike. 

Convinced that they're special (they're not, they're just a football club the same as everyone else), convinced that everyone in officialdom is against them (despite hunners of trophies to their name suggesting otherwise), and followed by an endless stream of glory hunters.

Fair enough, but surely you can say the same for every single bigger team down there! I think every club has that moronic style element of everyone against them etc. 

Just now, buchan30 said:

I meant to say down to 9. The first one is a red, that i agree with. It’s the second one i would take issue with. On MOTD it looks like there is the slightest of contact, but it looks like the spurs player clips his own heels. 

Right - I'd agree regards the first yellow card - but it's asking for trouble to go in as he did for the second.

12 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Pretty much the same reason as has been said. I was literally on a Twitter thread earlier today where more than one of their fans was giving it (genuine) conspiracy theories about how everyone was against them. The English Celtic. 

51 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

See for that first one, the ref gave a yellow - was it an obvious error? Seeing it in real time, it looks like a yellow. Seeing it slowed down shows that the reason the contact was made was that Jones got the ball, his foot then rolled over it and into the boys leg. But it looks like the referee was shown the still image on the monitor first, before any video footage. That makes it look a million times worse and makes the referee think he's made a major error. 

Also, why weren't the Villa 2nd and 3rd goals ruled out? Looked offside for the second then how that wasn't a foul on March for the third I just don't understand. The Villa player headed his legs away from him! 

23 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

See for that first one, the ref gave a yellow - was it an obvious error? Seeing it in real time, it looks like a yellow. Seeing it slowed down shows that the reason the contact was made was that Jones got the ball, his foot then rolled over it and into the boys leg. But it looks like the referee was shown the still image on the monitor first, before any video footage. That makes it look a million times worse and makes the referee think he's made a major error. 

Also, why weren't the Villa 2nd and 3rd goals ruled out? Looked offside for the second then how that wasn't a foul on March for the third I just don't understand. The Villa player headed his legs away from him! 

I suppose they might say that it doesn't matter HOW Jones boot got in that position, the fact that his studs finished up planted right the middle of the Spurs boys standing leg makes it a red

Edited by Bairnardo